Harley's Crew Book Club, Weeks 9 & 10: Harley Quinn/Gossamer (Single Issue)

Agree—does way more good when it’s not coded, tho. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

couldn’t be more true :blush::purple_heart: hopefully the bravery of the show’s writers will inspire those of the comics to show things how they are

6 Likes

I enjoyed the story a lot. It was cute and a different take on Gossamer. Harley is Harley and always gotta love her. Interested to see how these other collaborations work out.

5 Likes

Hi there, visiting from house of horror club. I really enjoyed the book. It was very reminiscent of the new 52 Harley. It was a good random story. I wasn’t sure what kind of plot they could put together with these characters but it was fun. I wasn’t really a fan of the art in the first story. The art in the second story was cute. Favorite scenes had to be the makeover scene and the Poison Ivy scene for sure.

4 Likes

Hey @LaserPuff! I agree that make over scene was great and pleasantly surprised w/ the story. The others from the series (so far) are pretty fun too.
Thanks so much for the visit! You’re welcome anytime! :purple_heart: See ya next week!

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to reading your crew’s book selection for our crossover. Also looking forward to the scavenger hunt!

4 Likes

I still haven’t read Harley/Gossamer (I will, I will. I read alot of stuff. :clark_hv_4: ) butthis is absolutely my favorite DC/Looney Tunes crossover:

It feels like a book I’d write and then some. Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner are my favorite Looney Tunes characters, so a pairing with a DC favorite of mine (Lobo) made for a great book.

clears throat

We now return you to our Harley/Gossamer broadcast, already in progress. :tv:

5 Likes

Finally read Harley/Gossamer last night, and it was alot of fun!

The beaver jokes were groovy and I enjoyed the The Day The Earth Stood Still reference Harley made when bashing what she thought was a Joker 'bot. Gossamer and Harl’s scene in the dark made me chuckle as well.

One of my favorite things about the issue was the backup story. That had the perfect feel of a classic Looney Tunes short. If Chuck Jones were alive today and saw that story, I’m quite confident that he’d want to adapt it for animation.

Lastly, this is now the third story starring Harley (the other two being Mad Love and it’s animated adaptation from The New Batman Adventures) to feature my name. It’s like her and I have some cross-media connection that spans the last 20+ years (it’s just a coincidence, obviously, but a neat one)…

Great pick, PTB of Harley’s Crew! :metal:t2: :harley_hv_1:

5 Likes

Definitely an enjoyable issue. It easily fit with the kind of stories that Palmiotti/Conner were doing with their book, so it felt very natural. Loved the interaction with not just Harley and Gossamer, but with Ivy as well. I think once they got to Gossamer’s origin and creator it kind of lost steam a little, but overall a fun story.

5 Likes

Adds Lobo & Road Runner to reading list.

Eventually I’ll get through all of them. Fun so far. :+1: Great idea for a crossover.

4 Likes

I concur! :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

This was such a fun and silly story! I thought Gossamer was extremely cute, loved loved loved the makeover scene (also Harley doing Gossamer’s nails and chatting, just perfect!). Not scary, of course, but it’s not meant to be. The second story was a pure classic Looney Tunes cartoon. Would love to see that animated! And I too shall read the rest of the issues in this series!

4 Likes

LMK what you think of Lobo/RR after you’ve read it. I think you’ll like it, but don’t throw it at me if you don’t. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes