Harley's Crew Book Club, Weeks 3 & 4: Harley & Ivy 1-3

I really have to appreciate how deep the discussion got for Mad Love and to keep the Mini Series discussions going we’ll be spending the next two weeks on the Harley and Ivy series.

From 08/31 to 09/06 we’ll read issues 1 to 3 and we’ll discuss them from 09/07 to 09/13.

Here is the link to the books:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/batman-harley-and-ivy/6a8b30a3-63df-4021-8572-39600cdc4507

To join Harley’s Crew go here:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/Harleys-Crew

16 Likes

Eeeee! :poisonivy_hqas::harleyquinn_hqas: :rainbow_flag: :heart:

8 Likes

Yes this is a great little mini, full of cute little Harlivy moments :hugs:

8 Likes

Such a classic story, looking forward to rereading it again. :smiley:

9 Likes

I’ve started Really enjoying more Harley and Ivy stories! The chemistry translates well seemingly no matter who is writing at the time. :joy:

10 Likes

Agree @jdaego55.10147. They go together so well, there’s NO hiding it! :diamonds: :wilted_flower:

10 Likes

Yeah even if/when they are not an “Item” they are just Awesome GalPals!

9 Likes

Even in this early three-issue mini there are scenes which if one were so inclined one could interpret as them being totally bananas in love with each other :pleading_face: I am one so inclined, for instance :pleading_face:

10 Likes

I mean there are scenes where they’re in the shower and the tub together. They don’t need to show anything visually sensitive, but it bugs me that there’s nothing visually sensual; like kissing and cuddling and sh1t. :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Not just stuff like that, but little things they say to each other, and how adorable Harley is running after Ivy all the time.

8 Likes

when i read it i felt like Harley was head over heels for Ivy the whole time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Same @TheKateKane :hugs:

6 Likes

It’s Funny Because even early on when I was a lil Fella watching BTAS seeing a couple of the Harley and ivy episodes kinda thought there was something there! Though being too young and Naive to completely get it. Just hit the 40 mark myself so do the math on how young I was back then! :joy:

8 Likes

The chemistry between the two here was still in the ‘strongly hinted at, but nothing confirmed’ stage. The dynamic here was very ‘Pinky and the Brain’, where Harley is the loveable goofball who ruins Ivy’s careful planning. She enjoys Harley’s company, but is still more in love with plants than anything else.

6 Likes

Loved this scene with Poison Ivy-

And this splash page for Harley :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I read this pretty recently but I am always happy to read this fun little story again! Here are some random thoughts:

Issue 1:

• “Me and You against the world…” So yes, Ivy isn’t having a ball exactly with Harley in this mini-series, which we can see right on the cover. I guess for some it’s difficult to show their love…
  • Harley with her bag is very cute.
  • Ivy’s grin when she finds the zombie root plant!
  • “I goofed?” … “We got your weed…” Harley’s lines here are so funny! :rofl:
  • Harley panickily rummaging through her go-bag is very cute.
  • I genuinely laughed out loud when Harley saw the plant, with those googly eyes and threw it at Batman’s noggin. #priceless
  • “You threw away the plant.” Aw Ivy’s in shock. And then enraged. It’s okay Harley, she still loves you!
  • Harley without makeup is very cute.
  • Pammie’s not really enjoying that nice and relaxing hot shower…
  • Jeez, Ivy’s really angry :fearful: And the look on Harley’s face when Ivy says she never wants to see her again, just heartbreaking…
  • The Love Actually panels are so funny!
Found this R-rated take

• Red’s escaping scheme was :ok_hand: Such a badass! But her kissing the guards I could’ve done without :laughing:
  • Ivy in her coat and hat on the ship! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Harley running after Ivy on the pier with her luggage is very cute.
  • “Harley, don’t you realize I hate your guts?” - “Well, gee, yeah!”… Ah true love! :purple_heart:
  • No one can withstand Harley’s nuclear option! :sob: Yoink!

Issue 2:

• Not sure the frilly undies are specifically necessary :thinking:
  • Also the butch guards are a tad on the stereotypical/caricature side, I feel…
  • Harley’s face with dots for eyes is very cute.
  • “Illustrious young women”: dunno why but I just love that phrase!
  • Harley mowing down goons like it’s Call of Duty :woman_shrugging:
  • Monkey! :see_no_evil:
  • Oh no, it’s the unambiguously gay duo!
  • Ivy’s love for the plant and the woods is palpable.
  • Harley fighting off the mosquitoes is very cute.
  • “I WANNA GO HOME!” :laughing: And then Ivy calls Harley “baby” and they hug and kiss. The End. Oh wait…
  • The action sequence is so well done here, you can feel it!
  • “Smek!” :blush:

Issue 3:

• Ah the famous film-strip cover!
  • Harley face-kicking the Joker is :heart_eyes: But oh wait…
  • Ivy’s mischievous grin! :grin:
  • Harley face emoji is very cute.
  • Harley watching cartoons and munching on Sugar Shocks is very cute.
  • The look on Harley’s face as Ivy’s undressing in front of her and talks about busting her butt! :blush:
  • “Needs more sparklies!” Harley’s always got words of wise wisdom.
  • Harley and Ivy in a hot-tub is very steamy.
  • While Harley is ogling the man-candy, Ivy couldn’t care les.
  • “But I never had anything that was just mine before…” Aww :sob:
  • Ahaha Harley says “baybee” :hugs:
  • Are Harley and Ivy sleeping in the same bed? :thinking:
  • By the way, I’m feeling the pink and purple Harley costume.
  • Harleycopter!
  • And of course Harley’s masterpiece gets nominated for a record 25 Oscars! There’s not even that many categories!
  • Aw they’re back in Arkham. And here we go again… :grin: :laughing:
6 Likes

Can we read the new Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy comic as our next read-along? :pleading_face:

6 Likes

I think once all issues are in our library we’ll make it a priority! :grin:

8 Likes

:poisonivy_hqas: :harleyquinn_hqas: Eeeeeee!!! :heart_eyes: Okay. On what basis do they come out? :thinking:

No pun was intended at ALL up there :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It’s monthly I’m pretty sure, and it’s six issues. So we’ll do it March-ish?

6 Likes