Harley's Crew | Book Club | 🌈 Pride Month 2024 🌈

Hellow everybunny and welcome to Pride Month 2024! :partying_face: :00_dc_pride: :rainbow: Harley’s Crew has a couple of VIP watch-alongs planned for this month as well as this extra cool annual Pride anthology before us:

This month we actually have a whole three Pride-related books to check out! Onwards! :purple_heart:

:boom: This activity will be running ALL month long!

:rainbow: Reading begins: June 1, 2024

:rainbow: Discussion begins: As soon as you‘re ready! Did you enjoy it? Have you read it before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork?* Anything at all about the reading you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :purple_heart: See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE .

6 Likes

Read it and enjoyed it. When it comes to these kind of anthology issues, I tend to only read the ones that either have interesting stories or the ones that include characters I’m interested in. But I ended up reading most of the stories (only exception being the first story).

It is interesting to have a Pride issue that does NOT have Harley and Ivy together. They have a cameo in Steel’s story where they are kissing but that’s it. Ivy does however have a story with Janet from HR. But the most they do is hold hands. Which does keep raising questions of what exactly is the nature of Janet’s feelings for Ivy? And Harley for that matter

6 Likes

I heard that Janet and Ivy had a story. I haven’t read anything yet.

4 Likes

Ya gotta peep it

Look at me, yeeting around the slang like a cool daddio

4 Likes

Poly representation perhaps.

2 Likes

But I don’t think the 3 of them are in a poly relationship. Last I checked, Ivy doesn’t seem to loke Janet that way and Harley doesn’t think their kiss meant anything

3 Likes

Sure, was more of a joke on my part :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I hope something happens soon in that regard in Ivy’s solo

4 Likes

Looking back on Ivy and Harley in particular, I am reminded of the Jimmy and Amanda days. Ivy at that time was still in Gotham and had a ton of things she was working on while Harley was in Coney Island not ready to go back to Gotham. While she was there she had a few situationships with people with Ivy still being her girl but they were just in different places in life. Then when you think about all the extra crossovers on other comics like Fear State, just a ton of stuff happened. Then jump to Ivy’s solo run where she is away and Harley is back in Gotham. While she is away she had her own situationships, Janet from HR being apart of that. I’m not sure how they are going to play this all out. Do we know of G. Willow Wilson and Tini Howard get together to discuss the roles of HarlIvy in their comic runs? Are they both canon? I would assume so right?

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds right to me. Canon can be tricky, so I say whatever you feel fits better is canon to you!

2 Likes

If we’re going with that then canon can be my FanFiction LOL maybe you can help me brainstorm how to wrap that up

2 Likes

:laughing: :eyes: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

You know you want too. Loljk

2 Likes

Just a quick word that the additional two special issues of DC Pride have landed, so I hope everyone checks them out! :purple_heart:

HAPPY PRIDE :00_dc_pride:

2 Likes

I just checked out the uncovered. Really enjoyed all the additions to that one.

2 Likes

Oh, you got me all excited. I forgot about the Uncovered one and thought there were two actual anthologies beyond the core one. :confused:

2 Likes

Oh no, just special issues, not additional anthologies! Would be nice if maybe DC makes it a mini next time or something instead of one-shots!

2 Likes

That would be awesome. Some of the stories are clearly not full ideas but just a “glimpse of life” that only needs a few pages. But some of them clearly want to continue (and I think only Circuit Breaker’s will) and it would be great to let writers tell the full story. Or have the anthology plus a few one-shots for the longer stories. (Would be a great way to get some of these characters an audience beyond trotting them out for Pride once a year then putting them back on the shelf.)

2 Likes

Or here’s a novel idea, give us JLQ :raised_hands: :laughing:

:0_round_robin: :00_dc_pride:

2 Likes

Yes, that too!

2 Likes