Harley’s Crew | Wks 15 & 16

Hey, @Harleys-Crew! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Got another round activities planned, and first: Reading! :open_book: :coffee:

Next up: :poisonivy_hqas: Who wants to make a Poison Ivy mixtape? :eyes: If you think of song :notes: this week—DROP IT HERE.

Last, but not least: Our neighbors over at DC Fan Art Club have invited us to help them brainstorm some Ivy and Harley (or Harley-adjacent) Holiday art based on our reading this week, so let’s help ‘em out! :diamonds::green_heart: Vote and sound off below!

(Click dcfac if you wanna see what other magical eye candy they’ve made)

14 Likes

:diamonds:They say necessity is the mother of invention, so: What art do you NEED in your life? Here’s a starter poll…

• Harvest Ivy :maple_leaf:
  • Chef Harley :woman_cook:
  • Bud & Lou in turkey costumes! :turkey:
  • The Cobb Squad as a football team :football:
  • All of the Above!!
  • Other, I’ll add one!

0 voters

:diamonds: Feel free to add any helpful ideas or visuals.

6 Likes

Unintentionally dragging my feet paid off! Now, I can re-read all of this fun mini from start to finish. Being a slacker does have its rewards. :sunglasses:

swears he’ll get the series re-read before the “deadline” :poisonivy_hqas:

Harvest Ivy presents interesting mental visuals. Would she wear a shirt that says “Gone pumpkinin’!”? I like the idea of the Cobb Squad in football gear as well. Gooooo team! :football:

11 Likes

I can already see @Hiraeth posting a whole boxed set’s worth of songs :joy::green_heart:

10 Likes

Smaller reading this week, but given the week, pretty understandable.

7 Likes

:eyes: That was a place holder. We’re going to do some tidying up… :books:

6 Likes

I like all of the above for fan art. I would also like to see some sort of Thanksgiving meal scene that includes the entire HQ crew (King Shark, Clayface, etc.).

It’s great to see some Suicide Squad reading up there! However, I have some catching up to do. I’ve been working through a read-through of ALL the Suicide Squad’s comics and appearances (or as much as I can). I am currently on that New 52 volume, but only up to issue #13. So, I better get reading…

5 Likes

It would definitely say Green Bean Sasserole.

9 Likes

YES!

YES!

You’re welcome. :sunglasses: lol (curtsies)

Yaaaas!
Great work so far—GO TEAM! :hugs:

6 Likes

:smile: I’d like one XXL Grean Bean Sasserole shirt, please. Do you accept Monopoly money as payment?

Also, could I get a “Head ***** in Charge” hat as well, please? I know a certain friend who’d wear the heck out of both items, and she’s not even a HQ fan. Yet. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Hurray for teamwork!

3 Likes

I have this mental image in my head of Harley, Ivy, and the Sporlings with maybe some more in one of those cheesy holiday family photos wearing Ugly Christmas Sweaters.

5 Likes

:rofl: This gif gives me life! :laughing::raised_hands:t2:

No payment necessary! I’m seriously going to see about making this happen tho. :joy::green_heart:

5 Likes

stuffs Monopoly bones back into his wallet

Free is nice! Thank you, most kindly. bows in a gentlemanly fashion

Minutes later, he ponders if Harley or Ivy likes Monopoly

Harley might, but I bet when asked, Ivy’s response would be “Nope.”

2 Likes

Friendship is priceless! :wink:

Also… Sasserole makes me think there should be some kind of pepper included… :astonished: So I searched for a recipe for green bean casserole with jalapeños, and now I want to try it! :yum:

Yeah… I don’t see Ivy being a Monopoly fan. :laughing: Harley—maybe; though, I think she’d be more partial to…

5 Likes

Here’s my first Ivy song. :wilted_flower: This is how I imagine she feels towards Harley (especially when she was trying to deny those feelings).

I think it definitely goes along with my analysis of her from Cycle of Life and Death (but also in general)—which I’ll post (hopefully) today. :green_heart:

6 Likes

Yahtzee is better than Monopoly.

A casserole with jalapenos? That sounds a bit :nauseated_face: but also :yum: at the same time. Intriguing culinary developments are indeed afoot. :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

I’ve always been more of a Clue fan. I also liked Operation. It would startle me and then I’d laugh. :laughing: ZAP:zap:

LOL :joy: Reminds me of my experience with jam on scrambled eggs. A friend told me about it, and at first I was like, “That sounds disgusting… :nauseated_face:” But I’m very open-minded, so I tried it and was surprised… it’s actually really good. :frowning_with_open_mouth: Especially strawberry jam.

5 Likes

Clue kicks ass! Good stuff.

Jam on eggs, eh? I might have to try the “Hiraeth Special” the next time I have scrambled eggs. Thanks!

3 Likes

YES!!

3 Likes