Harley’s Crew 📺 Watch-Along/Scavenger Hunt: SUICIDE SQUAD💥 BYOT (Bring Your Own Task Force X) 💥 MONDAY 2/22 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

:joy: and here I didn’t think you noticed. Thank you… :blush:

4 Likes

But…but how can we tell Joker’s broken mental state if it isn’t tattooed directly on his forehead?! :open_mouth: :rofl:

That’s totally fair! I was assuming that was said in a more “this isn’t the real Joker” idea, which doesn’t ring true to me because I think his malleability that’s made Joker such a iconic, long-lasting character.

Yeah, '89 was one of the first movies I remember watching as a kid, next to Who Framed Jessica Rabbit. But by the time I was a kid who had more of a memory or taste, I pretty much all the “quadrilogy” was out by then and I was watching all of those, the '66 movie, BTAS and all their animated movies… As far as kid me was concerned, any Batman was good Batman.

5 Likes

Ohhhh my goodness!! :pleading_face::heart_eyes: I LOVE this so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so pumped for date night! :heart:

8 Likes

@Hiraeth im not feeling well today friend :cry: Totally sucks
omg, i just realized Im a whole week early! Omgoodness im a mess. But this totally worked out! Ugh thank you Jesus.

8 Likes

:rotating_light: I know theres a banner up for this right now, but this WAL is taking place NEXT MONDAY 2/22! :rotating_light:

9 Likes

Totally realized that! thank you!

5 Likes

Oh! Sorry, I just saw the banner—wasn’t directed at you! :hugs: Have a goodnight & hope you feel better soon @Devi_Amuro. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I will! Thank you @Razzzcat I made this in anticipation for the WAL. The questions are hidden for next week. Hopefully people will want to join in on the hunt!

8 Likes

I :purple_heart: scavenger hunts, @Devi_Amuro.
You brought this to RIGHT PLACE!

8 Likes

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well! :disappointed: Feel better soon! :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

I hope you feel better Devi. Have a good week.

5 Likes

@Devi_Amuro awesome job on that graphic. It looks really fun! :boom:

@ejdias.95910 have a happy birthday :partying_face:

6 Likes

Thanks @iJest, I hope to. :grinning:

6 Likes

Thank you @Razzzcat @Hiraeth @ejdias.95910 @iJest

Im feeling much better and looking forward to spending time with you guys Monday night!
cheers

8 Likes

Literally laughing my ass off at that gif! :rofl::heart:

5 Likes

tenor

5 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/lnlppo/reminder_michelle_pfeiffer_whipped_the_heads_off/

Just saw this (behind the scenes) video of Catwoman being a boss cat on reddit and thought I’d run back to the crew with it. I’ve never seen any behind the scenes footage from these movies at all.

7 Likes
5 Likes

@iJest :star_struck:

@Mae :eyes: She was supposed to be in Thelma & Louise?! Also…#TeamPfeiffer :black_heart:

7 Likes

Agreed @Razzzcat and @Mae. #TeamPfeiffer all the way.

Michelle Pfeiffer has been one of my most fave actors for a very long time. She enraptures audiences with a perceived vulnerability that belies a stoic, commanding veneer that lies just beneath the surface. Pfeiffer has that rarest of qualities in an actor where you are never bored with her or become disengaged from her consistently captivating scenework. You’re perpetually anticipating what will happen next with her character. I’ve seen a number of boring movies happening around her but she’s never been boring in any those films. Or ever. Not even once. When she’s in frame you simply can’t take your eyes off of her.

One of my most fave performances by Pfeiffer that illustrates my point can be seen here in this soulful segment from one of my most fave films of all time The Fabulous Baker Boys:

Pfeiffer Fun Fact: along with the amazing prowess she displays with the bullwhip at Schreck’s dept store dutifully pointed out by super cool @iJest, M.P. also made the bold choice of actually putting Penguin’s live parakeet into her mouth in the ‘Ban the Bat’ scene that takes place a bit later on in the film-

Now, while many in the fandom make the point that in as far as comics accuracy to character is concerned that Anne Hathaway’s performance as Gotham’s most infamous second story artist is the most accurate in terms of authenticity, it must also be acknowledged that when Pfeiffer layered on that latex and walked on set for the first day of ‘Returns’ filming she was making an indelible mark on Selina’s persona that will survive for every age. When Gotham series showrunners were looking cast Selina Kyle it wasn’t by accident that they landed on then 15 YO actor Camren Bicondova. They knew which version of Catwoman that was destined to readily connect with audiences.

5bbb034a7a8c21923e23c91b6808ba58

Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, and Lee Meriwether def pioneered the role. Hatahway bridged the onscreen to the pulp page. But Michelle Pfeiffer defined it. She refined it, and she will always be known as the architect of it’s onscreen substance for years and years to come. Mmm hmm.
:0_catwoman: :catwoman_hv_2: :00_batman_1992:

6 Likes