Harley’s Crew 📺 WATCH-ALONG! 💥 HARLEY QUINN: S1 E10 thru E13! 💥 MONDAY 9/21 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

DUDE. :sunglasses: Yes. Ok bye.

5 Likes

So do I, and I can’t even explain why! lol :woman_shrugging:t2: Oh well.

2 Likes

This is a great song for Harlivy! :heart::green_heart:

When I first read the title, it reminded me of this meme I made the other day:

:laughing::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

2 Likes

@Hiraeth, your meme reminded me of this:

1 Like

For me, it’s because that’s not how Superman views himself. Like he understands and embraces his Kryptonian heritage as a part of him, but at the end of the day, he’s Clark Kent, a man from Kansas raised by the kindness and dignity of the farmers who took him in and embraced him as their own.

For Diana, someone who values truth, honestly, being your authentic self, to call him that just feels…false.

3 Likes

Huh. I’ve always interpreted it as codependency issues on Ivy’s part. She could have just let Harley go after she turned away from her and left it at that. But no, she turned to Kite Man apparently because he was “next in line”. If Harley couldn’t love her, Kite Man was all she had left, even if she didn’t really love him. The first episode we saw Ivy and Kite Man dating was in The Line, by which point Harley had been drifting away from her to her crew and aspirations to join the LOD. (S2 spoilers ahead) The reason Ivy turned Harley down in season 2 was because she didn’t want to take the risk of having to go through it all over again. She wanted an absolutely risk-free relationship as opposed to not having one at all, even if it didn’t satisfy her. Her codependency and insecurity left her with a lack of agency and a lack of openness to experience true love that rewards the most. Ivy didn’t even go back to Harley until almost immediately after Kite Man, who was the first to admit that Ivy didn’t really love him, dumped her following their wedding’s crash.

So it is kind of a denial thing, but apparently she also felt the need to use another human being to hold her down because the love of her life wouldn’t.

3 Likes

I do see your point, but personally it fits better, for me, with that she’s thrown into a straight relationship as avoidance of facing the truth about herself. It’s internalized homophobia. But that’s just me :woman_shrugging: Maybe the creators and the writers spoke about that at some point?

4 Likes

Excellent answer @Jay_Kay! Agree. That’s exactly who he is: a Kansas boy. I’ve certainly called him Clark since I was wee. Feels wrong to call him anything else, especially coming from Diana who, as you said, speaks only to truth. :balance_scale:

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::rofl::rofl: Thank you for this. :heart::black_heart::green_heart:

5 Likes

Not just you. That’s pretty much exactly what it is—on top of her being an emotionally damaged victim of abuse, so she runs from the one person she does love out of fear, and goes for the easy choice, because he doesn’t challenge her & he can NEVER EVER HURT HER. (rant :eyes:) lol Point being, Ivy’s :green_heart: belongs to: :diamonds: :wilted_flower: IMO, anyway. :wink:

5 Likes

@Razzzcat, as per usual, laying down cool hard facts! :hugs:

5 Likes

That’s kind of how I looked at that relationship too – she didn’t love him, but she knew he loved her, and she felt he would be more dependable than Harley.

I mean, I suppose there could be a little bit of that in there too, but I don’t recall Ivy her questioning whether she’s into girls, but rather questioning if she should be with Harley. Like, if Kite Man was Kite Woman, with everything else being the same, I think she would have still tried to be with Kite Woman, the more reliable choice than Harley.

4 Likes

There is some of that for sure. Like @Razzzcat said, K-Man is the safe and easy choice. Even if he’s creepy.

5 Likes

I AM SO SORRY! I can’t say how mad at myself I am for missing this. I’m in the process of putting basically half of my belongings in storage and doing a complete remodel of my abode. So on top of packing things in boxes and moving them, I was moving furniture and hanging my TV on a wall mount… :disappointed: :heart: :broken_heart:

4 Likes

:point_up_2: that @Jay_Kay. She would’ve been attracted to that regardless of gender for this reason.

NO need to apologize! :hugs: I say this a lot, but I mean it, so I’ll do it again :wink: we missed ya, but life happens and there’s always another lined up. :purple_heart:

4 Likes