Harley’s Crew 📺 Watch-Along! DC SUPER HERO GIRLS 💥 (E5-8) MONDAY 2/1 @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

Hey there! This week we’ll be continuing DCSHG, and not only do we have crime fighting, but bunnies, burritos, and homecoming, too! Hope to you here. :partying_face:

We’ll be watching:
E5: #AdventuresInBunnysitting
E6: #HateTriangle
E7: #BurritoBucket
E8: #MeetTheCheetah

PLEASE NOTE:
You’ll need your own copy/access to the show. Its available in 3 PLACES! On the CN App HERE
to rent right HERE or (w/ subscription) :arrow_right: HERE!! (recommended)

Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track.
Rated: TV-PG, Runtime: 44 minutes

Contact @Razzzcat @Mae or @hashtag-goodtobejo below if you have any questions.

Join Harley’s Crew :harleys_crew:HERE. or Birds of Prey :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:HERE.

8 Likes

Yay! :0_batgirl: :harleys_crew: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I promise to stay awake for this round!

5 Likes

Sounds fun. Hope I can make it.

4 Likes

Been thinking about this since Monday night’s watch, and… this incarnation of DCSHG is basically just My Little Pony: FiM but with superheroes, isn’t it?

Bumblebee is a 1:1 redux of Fluttershy, Zatanna of Rarity, Supergirl of Rainbow Dash… Wonder Woman is sort of Applejack, but with Greek mythology instead of an American Appalachian folk background, and Batgirl is sort of a Twilight Sparkle/Pinkie Pie combo. I’m sure I’m not the first person to notice this.

3 Likes

I would say instead @Applejack is Wonder Woman :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :hugs:

6 Likes

Since Lauren Faust’s incarnation of My Little Pony was a huge success that reinvigorated the franchise’s interest among an entirely new generation of fans it kind of stands to reason that she’d incorporate many of the same approaches she used at the MLP shop with DC Superhero Girls. The show is an absolute romp of fun and funniness that parents can enjoy alongside their kiddos rather than just a scenario where the parent just parks their child in front of a tablet, presses play, and then walks away from a bonding opportunity with heir kiddo. I know my science is solid on this as this is exactly what I did when I babysat for my nieces on a weekly basis when I was working from home back in the day. The kiddos were pre-teen YOs then and I used the opportunity to strengthen our relationship via comics discussions and watching Teen Titans Go together. Fast forward to today, my nieces are in their mid and late teens and we absolutely love to text and Zoom to gab about comics and what the latest pulp page based news of the day is. Our relationship is as strong as ever in part because of time spent together with TTG, and I’m absolutely the positive the same will be said about DCSHGs.

At any rate, it seems like Faust has a winning hand here once again as the show is solid in its scripting, the voice cast roster is vibrant and engaging, and the animation is crisp, buoyant, and fun to watch. And when it comes to formulaic approaches to content creation more often than not Hollywood has always lived and profited mightily from this golden rule- if it isn’t broken don’t fix it.

Instead of overthinking it why not just sit back, get comfortable and enjoy the ride? :thinking: :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Hey, I’m not saying it’s a bad template; I’m just saying it’s a template.

2 Likes

Well, the thing about that is, overthinking is how I enjoy things.

2 Likes

I don’t watch Pretty Pretty Peg… I mean, My Little Pony, so I can’t join in on the conversation…

3 Likes

:smile: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

ISWYDT

3 Likes

I know I did.

3 Likes

@HubCityQuestion I never would’ve pegged you as a bronie. :laughing: Jkjk

Anyway. I’ve never actually seen MLP. I know Faust’s work from Powerpuff Girls.

I enjoy this version of DCSHG more than the previous version. It’s irreverent, absurd fun, utilizing hyper concentrated versions of the characters to do it, and has just the right amount of positive messaging for kids/girls while introducing them to (eventually all) major DC characters. If one can handle that, they’ll enjoy it. I hope you’re one of them! :heart:

Sidenote: I’ve been watching it from the premiere in 2019, and a year ago I was talking about it (almost to myself). It deserves eyeballs on it. So HERE IT IS DCUI fam! Brought to you lovingly by The Crew & the Birds. :fist:

Ps. Everyone: Capitana (aka @Applejack) is named after something far cooler than MLP…might really be Wonder Woman, tho. :face_with_monocle: :memo: (Note2Self to investigate further)

4 Likes

Obviously named after the cereal.

4 Likes

Is that your final answer? :face_with_monocle: (insert dramatic music) [edit] and lighting of course​:eyes:

Hint: “cooler” = NOT cereal. :laughing:

4 Likes

Is… :eyes: @iJest @Devi_Amuro @Hiraeth or @TheGirlWonder12 going to make it to this one? (It’s been a while GW—had to. :laughing:)

8 Likes

Perfect gif usage as always, Razzz! :rofl: I was scrabbling to see when this WAL was after seeing your tag because I thought I was missing it today… :sweat_smile: I think it’s safe to say I should be able to make it on Monday! I love DCSHG dearly, after all. :eyes:

7 Likes

Awesome! See ya then! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

I’ll be there! :blush::heart:

7 Likes