Harley’s Crew 📺 Watch-Along! BATMAN & HARLEY QUINN! 💥 (Bring Your Own 🎥) 💥 MONDAY 9/28 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

Hey there! Thinkin’ a tiny intermission between seasons of our HQ rewatch is in order—and we’ve got a perfect BYOM WAL in mind! :tada:

Details below for anyone who hasn’t seen it, or if you’re new to watch-alongs…

Batman and Harley Quinn (2017) follows the caped crusader and our lady, Harls, as they’re forced to team up in a race to stop a global threat—one devised by the villainous Floronic Man and our favorite steely red-headed botanist, Poison Ivy! :wilted_flower: :eyes: Will they arrive in time? Who else will make an appearance? How will it end?! Gotta tune in to find out! :popcorn: Hope to see you here!

PLEASE NOTE:
The movie is NOT available on DCU. You’ll need your own copy or rental of the movie! It’s available on HBOMax OR you can rent it right :arrow_right: HERE

Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track.
Rated: PG-13, Runtime: 75 minutes

Contact @Razzzcat @Mae or @hashtag-goodtobejo if you have any questions.

14 Likes

I roadrunner’d my way over to my work schedule and requested some time off for this! Everyone cross your paws for me. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

You got it, @iJest!! :purple_heart:

I really enjoyed it. :hugs:Hope you can make it! psst @Hiraeth :wilted_flower: :eyes: its… the thing. @NCharles39— you too!

7 Likes

Ohhhh if I’m able to make it, this would be my first watch of the movie! :eyes: I’m looking forward to this!

I did cheat and watch a specific scene between our lovely ladies Harlivy a few months back tho… I’m a weak woman :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Cannot wait! The power of the Nuclear Option!

6 Likes

There’s ALSO a karaoke & dancing!! :joy:

10 Likes

YES!! I absolutely LUV this DC movie. And yes I will most def be there! :+1: :grinning:

8 Likes

Batman and HQ movie Fun Fact- when Harley jumps up on the stage and takes the mic in the nightclub scene she’s crooning this classic Blondie tune-

8 Likes

YESSS! :nerd_face:Further nerd trivia: Margot Robbies costume in SS is based on a photograph of Debbie Harry :+1: #nailedit Thnx for the wonderful tunage, @DC89! :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Great WAL selection here @Razzzcat. As always…

7 Likes

:hushed: love it :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m in definitely :+1:.
"It’s sociopath ,SO-CIO-PATH. "
12E8CC6A-6D5D-49F3-8BF7-EB34DC24E895

8 Likes

Billy Butcher sipping from a tea cup is my new favorite GIF!!!

7 Likes

@TheKateKane Was this the one i posted last night? There is never enough Harley/Ivy graphic fan art for my liking.
I have the deviant art Harley Quinn section open if there is thirst that needs quenching for salaciousness.

6 Likes

painfully relatable.

not positive what this means, but ima go out on a limb and say that i quench that thirst frequently :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Have you seen the one where black noir is floss dancing with starlight on break from filming. But,yes if Dr psycho ever wanted to learn how to get away with using the c-word he should take a class from butcher.

3 Likes

That is one of those sentences where i am trying to be clever and it sounded good in my head but in print it sounds like the worst chat-up line ever.

3 Likes

yeah that’s like me with everything :laughing:

3 Likes

ZomboMeme 16092020195106

8 Likes

It’s been so fun/interesting/amazing to watch Harl’s character development progress over the past twenty-eight years (wow- has it been that long? :flushed:) since Dini and Timm introduced her to us back in 1992.

Now, you may have to check my math on this, but I’m pretty sure it was either Bruce Timm or original HQ voice actor Arleen Sorkin who in an interview about the show had stated that when Harl was originally created she was templated in part from classic screen actor Judy Holiday’s brilliant Oscar winning performance as Billie Dawn in the 1950 George Cukor helmed film Born Yesterday. You can kinda’ glean the similarities between Harl and Billie in a number of scenes from the movie:

In many ways Born Yesterday co-star Broderick Crawford, who plays Billie’s overbearing and verbally abusive husband Harry Brock, could easily be construed as a less refined and rougher edged version of the BTAS era Joker character in terms of his and Billie’s relationship dynamic.

Over the years since BTAS Harl has blossomed into an incredibly defined and compellingly evolved character who I absolutely adore and I look forward to many, many more years of amazing Harleyness to come! :heart_eyes: :harley_eyerollhqtas: :harley_classichqtas: :harley_hv_1: :harley_delicioushqtas: :harley_eyebrowhqtas: :harley_smilehqtas: :harley_thinkhqtas:

10 Likes