Harley’s Crew ♦ HARLEY QUINN TV Series Discussion 🚨 Spoilers Ahead!

The Villy Awards!!

10 Likes

Yep, this show is still great. I think my favorite low key gag was Plastique not being in the In Memoriam montage at the Villy’s

10 Likes

My girl and I watched all three episodes this afternoon and absolutely adored them.

Good to have Harley and Company back.

8 Likes

After seeing Dick Grayson on episodes of Teen Titans Go and DC Superhero Girls, it’s kind of comforting to know he’s still the same petulant, egotistical brat he’s always been. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Who else LOVES that when Harlivy were nominated for Best Couple, Harls did her hair based on one of the first openly bisexual characters in animation, seen here?
Asami hair comparison

Here’s the best (very bad) picture I could get of Harley’s 'do, for comparison:

11 Likes

I did not notice this. Very cool detail!

7 Likes

Interesting. Didn’t notice that but cool.

5 Likes

Well I just watched all three episodes for the second time and I gotta say, great job. I had feared that as they moved into the third season they might be getting a tad dry. But no they have kept the momentum going.

Riddler and Clock King make a cute couple. And as Ivy opened up to Golden Glider you sort of got the impression she missed Kiteman. I liked the Bat Family, hope we see more of them. And have you noticed in all three seasons we keep seeing Cheetah in the background. I’d like to hear some dialogue from her.

10 Likes

I definitely think all three episodes were worth the wait. As someone who has some experience with writing, I can imagine the pressure that comes when it’s time to put an end to the slow burn and so many people are anticipating it. We just went through the rollar coaster of watching Ivy almost be with someone else, and we watched Harley’s love for Ivy blossom into something more. When we ended season 2, we all knew that HarlIvy was going to come next, and the writers had to make sure they did their relationship justice.

Something that I absolutely want to point out is the attention to detail of Harley’s behavior in a relationship that follows her previous one. Obviously Harley and Ivy are going to be attached to the hip on the Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour, as when you travel to new places you tend to stay with your friends when you travel with them. But, I also see Harley as someone who is desperately trying to do things (or crimes) where both her and Ivy are actively engaged and equal. Harley is not Ivy’s sidekick, she’s her partner. This is a different dynamic from her previous relationship.

As I watched these episodes, Harley very much wants to stay at Ivy’s side and be active in the plans. She’s not going to sit in a lab waiting for Ivy to address her, she wants to be equal with her. I see this behavior as Harley’s way of “this relationship is going to be different, I’m going to make sure of that”, and I see it as her body’s way of trying to have another shot at love while also trying to avoid the same behavioral patterns that could make her new relationship potentially be like the one she learned lessons from. Now I know that Ivy isn’t going to actually treat Harley the same way Joker did, but as someone who is going through something similar Harley is, I took notice of how Harley reacts to being with Ivy and I believed that it was a detail that stemmed from something psychological.

I get that Ivy is overwhelmed. Ivy isn’t as energetic and chaotic as Harley, but this might be good for Harley. However, I do wish to see her calm down later on, maybe learn that she is a lot more secure in her new relationship than she might believe she is. That’s another thing I noticed. Harley pushes to celebrate everything her and Ivy do even in the short amount of time they’ve been together. This behavior… is something that I am very familiar with. It’s a reaction to being so happy and excited and feeling like you’re in love way too soon and before you properly should be. I also see this as another behavior in which she feels she has to cling onto Ivy as much as she can.

If you remember the infamous pie/pudding scene from BTAS, it was a grand gesture meant to celebrate a special anniversary in Harley’s eyes, which of course her ex cared very little about. Now that we’re seeing Harley trying to celebrate as many “anniversaries” as she can with Ivy, I see it as her body and mind trying to make sure that Ivy is just as excited to be with her romantically, because Harley knows what it feels like to have a partner who wasn’t.

Sorry this post was so detailed and maybe too over analytical, but I wanted to take a moment to point out the details the writers have put in when portraying Harley’s behavior and mindset in her new relationship. As someone who has had a bad relationship in the past and is trying to use what I learned from it when trying to date again… these behaviors really do occur even when you don’t realize it. I learned that certain things flatter me, what makes me nervous, and what makes me second guess myself when talking to someone new, and as I was watching the new 3 episodes… I noticed this a lot and it got me thinking. I hope as this season continues, Harley will learn that she is in a much better relationship and that she is secure in it, but she also needs to understand that Ivy is not her ex, and that she needs to calm down and let Fate play out.

As long as the two love each other and treat each other well, I think HarlIvy will sail for a really long time :heart::seedling::diamonds::green_heart:

10 Likes

Beautifully said!

Also :hugs:

7 Likes

Hiya @Mae!

original

6 Likes

Happy birthday @NYJt3! :partying_face:

tumblr_pcr4xzto4Y1tgo8o0o1_500

8 Likes

6 Likes

Have a great and Harleyful bday!!! :hugs:

8 Likes

8 Likes

The first 3 episodes were great! I feel like I need to rewatch them just to get through the waiting. I’m already sad there are less episodes this season.

13 Likes

if harley quinn will join the suicide squad

8 Likes

Just coming off a wonderful WAL of the first 3 eps of HQAS season three with :harleys_crew: so I thought I’d re up my post from there here. :smiley:

I am sooo glad I waited to watch this with my :harleys_crew: peeps. :purple_heart:

OK, so high points of tonight’s episodes:

• BGeeeeeeee! :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

• :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Looking forward to seeing if she and DG ship, of course. Plus- my gurrrlll’s gained some skillz since we last saw her. Good stuff! :00_batgirl1:

• Very glad to see that the Eat Bang Kill Tour theme is being carried over into the season and am so thankful to :00_dc_2016: for the comic series that carried us through the early part of the year.

• Mm hmm. :+1:

• Cheryl! :purple_heart:

• So glad she got more dialogue this time.

• Kiteman and Ives and everybody getting closure and moving on. Very cool!

• Loving the mutual therapy moments between Harls and Ive. Making each other better and strengthening the bond. :purple_heart: it! Just hope it can hold for the season. :crossed_fingers:

Yay HQAS Sn 3! :00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew: #OGCrew

12 Likes

Yay!!! So happy to be back talking Harley. 3 great ones!! Continues to impress me every time. Definitely do a rewatch, maybe today? Great cast of characters & regulars already tho, & the humors still amazing!!!

9 Likes

Yeah I logged off & watched as soon as I posted that. That was my last day on here til today…? Just realized that?

6 Likes