Harley’s Crew ♦ HARLEY QUINN TV Series Discussion 🚨 Spoilers Ahead!

Hey there! Did you join us for a recent watch-along? Or maybe you just really miss the show and want to talk about it some more? If so, you came to the right place!

WELCOME TO THE AFTER PARTY! :tada:

Any amusing thoughts, burning questions or interesting trivia you’d like to share and discuss about our latest viewing—DROP IT HERE!

25 Likes

:books: ICYMI: Books in the DCUI Library:

:rotating_light: THIS WEEK (8/31): WE WATCHED E1, 2 & 3 FROM SEASON 1. :rotating_light:

14 Likes

Whoa trippy!

8 Likes

Too much? NAH, there’s never too much Frank, right?. :seedling:

11 Likes

Absolutely not! :laughing:

8 Likes

Loved rewatching the show with my fellow Crew members! The show is hard to keep pace with as it is, but when you add a live chat, it makes it that much more chaotic. BUT FUN! We’ll be doing 3-4 episodes every Monday night until we finish both seasons, and hopefully news of a third season (28 more seasons!) is upon us!

8 Likes

Ever think :thinking: frank is along the same species of Audrey 2 in the little shop of horrors? Just an idea, please reply with your thoughts. Thanks Nate

8 Likes

Can’t wait to watch this eps again with all of my super awesome HQ Crew peeps.
:grinning: :+1: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :harley_smilehqtas: :poison_eyebrowhqtas:

9 Likes

There’s tons of carnivorous plants all over the world—various genus like sundew, butterworts or pitcher plants. Audrey pretty closely resembles the most famous of them, tho: a Venus Flytrap, as does Frank. So, yes! :+1: Makes sense a botanist would keep them as a companion. :seedling::green_heart:

I’d definitely hang out w/ Frank, btw. Which should surprise NO ONE. :joy::wilted_flower:

9 Likes

One of the show runners of the Harley Quinn Show, Patrick Schumacker, is writing an issue of Harley Quinn Black + White + Red that is coming out this month. Should be good.

Here’s the title and description:
“Red Ink”
Harley finally gets her shot at sitting on the board of the Legion of Doom - but corporate evil-doing isn’t exactly what she expected, and neither is her new boss, Lex Luthor! Written by the co-showrunner of the hit DC Universe HARLEY QUINN animated series!

9 Likes

Audrey and Frank ship? :laughing:

5 Likes

9 Likes

A little worrying they haven’t heard anything, but here’s hoping DC delivers at the Fandome.

6 Likes

i love him so much more now

6 Likes

So great that J. Gunn posted this. Incredibly helpful for big names with big social media followings to send support out to the Harley Quinn series. It’d be a big help if Margot Robbie could send a shoutout as well in her feeds. Hoping that HBOMax gets the message and realizes that this property can and will grow in viewership as its fanbase is growing evermore since MAX picked it up.

6 Likes

I know right? My jaw dropped when she was introduced as a character (that goes for when we found out that she was Barbara for the first time too), and I’m really glad that they decided to bring her in (that Jason Todd name drop was a bit harsh though, but hey that’s what Joker does).

7 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd- Also loving that big sis Kaley C. gave the part of Batgirl to little sis Briana- so cool!

One of my most fave BG scenes from the series takes place at the Riddler U. frat party when Barbara throws goon guy Tanner over the railing and Riddler then confronts her about Tanner’s condition- soo funny! (“No… no… NO.” :laughing:). Scroll to the 1:00 min mark to watch the full segment-

8 Likes

Again… Me if they DONT

Definitely pursing my fingers and mumbling indiscernibly in several languages as well :wink:

12 Likes

:scream_cat: I did not know that, that is so cool :grin:. My mom and I have watched Big Bang Theory since before I got into comics (age 14-15) so I’ve always loved Kaley, this is great news to me.

8 Likes

Hay guys, thanks for this discussion/after-party thread! I haven’t watched the series since it first came out, so I plan to do a re-watch every week. :sunglasses:

Ep 1: I forgot how groundbreaking this episode was! It really sets the stage for the rest of the season in an excellent way. I believe this is the first Batman-related media to be so violent, headlining a villain, and also a comedy. It’s a very unique blend of features. Initially when watching this show I was kind of ehh about it because they aren’t using the “classic” interpretations of the characters, more like silly versions. But I let that go, because it’s the style of the show to be silly. It reminds me of Teen Titans Go! in that aspect, they are “lighter” versions of the characters but this show goes the extra mile and caters to adults instead of children. Harley’s fans as children who are now adults will understand that this show is good for her. :+1:

Ep 2: First appearance of Kite Man, annoying as ever! The other villains in this also annoy me with their one-dimensional characterization, but it doesn’t bother me too much because there’s so many characters and limited time to spend on them. I love how Ivy is admittedly a human-hater but she still cares enough to save the tree-boys. There would be no other way to show a grown woman kissing 12-13 year old boys in any other situation :joy_cat: This show clearly gives zero cares about propriety.

Ep 3: Harley gets a crew! Before this show, I was not very familiar with Dr Psycho but I knew about Clayface from stuff with Batman villains in general. This version is definitely the sweetest version of Clayface we’ve seen so far :joy_cat: All he wants is to be an actor, how could he even do crimes?! Ivy did say “I love you” to Harley, but it was treated as platonic :face_with_monocle: Also before doing a bit of research I thought this show came up with putting the Queen of Fables in the US tax code manual, but I’ve come to find out that was literally in the comics :joy_cat: I think all the random stuff this show managed to fit into these episodes is really special, lol.

7 Likes