Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 52-54 | Summer Reading: King & Harley

Hey everybody! Got another mixed bag for this month to close out the summer! :harleys_crew: :sunny:

We’ve got King, Harley, Ivy, Catwoman, the Secret Six, Peacemaker—take your pick!

Also, if you haven’t checked it out already, our :harleyquinn_hqas: HQAS: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour #1 discussion can be found :frank_grinhqtas: HERE.

This activity will be running all month long!

You know the drill: Did you enjoy them? Have you read them before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything about the the reading you’d like to discuss—Drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :diamonds::black_heart: See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

9 Likes

Don’t forget to stop by dcfac this month for some Harley’s Crew specific eye candy! :partying_face:

6 Likes

From HQ Road Trip Special #1

:laughing: :00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleys_crew:

6 Likes

OMG- wut did they do to their room?

:eyes: :laughing: :0_harley_quinn: :0_poison_ivy_bombshells: :0_catwoman:

5 Likes

:rofl: :laughing:

:0_catwoman:

6 Likes

The green stain is…sus. Extremely sus. :laughing:

6 Likes

:laughing: IKR?

5 Likes

Read King Shark last night and I enjoyed it. Shark has some fun stuff to him, but the thing that surprised and excited me was the character Defacer.

For those who don’t know, she was a character introduced in Tim Seeley’s run on Nightwing, a former sidekick to a super-villain who started out as a volunteer councilor for reformed supervillains. She dated Nightwing for a while but broke up after she was kidnapped by super-villains (I think – it’s been a while since I read that run).

So it was pretty cool to see her back again. Not sure if we’ll see her in anything after this, so I’ll take what I can get. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Jay_Kay @DC89 Glad I’m not the only one who noticed. :laughing:

6 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

Wonders if @ejdias.95910 has read the King issue yet? :eyes:

7 Likes

Hi Harley’s Crew, I’m not a regular here but I read the Road Trip Special so I thought I’d drop in with my thoughts. :blush:

This was a fun (and at times surprisingly touching) read. I like this writer duo a lot from some Wonder Woman comics I’ve read. Given that I still have pretty limited knowledge of the 3 main characters in this one, I appreciated that I could enjoy the story without needing any background information.

Perhaps most importantly, it gave me a new phrase I can’t wait to incorporate in my daily life:

“Internet outrage junkies” is SO GOOD. I don’t know if Harley actually coined that, but I’m gonna give her credit. :joy:

7 Likes

@Razzzcat, is it your Anniversary today? HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :smiley: yeah I got around to reading the second one today and am in the waiting mode again. Is it bad that as I read it I hear Ron Funches voice in my head? :joy: See you tomorrow at the WAL.

7 Likes

It is NOT bad @ejdias.95910…because I totally do that! :laughing: Clayface too. That’s all I hear now! :clayface_grinhqtas: Goon poo-elle!

Honestly, I went back through that Secret Six when I was looking for reads and :speak_no_evil: :banehappyhqtas: he’s in my head too.

Thank you again for the anniversary wishes! :hugs: :harleys_crew: You’re too kind.

7 Likes

Hey @Angel212! :wave::smile: Fancy meeting you here- Thanks for coming by! I’m glad you enjoyed that one even w/o knowing the characters as well as some others.

“Fun and surprisingly touching” can be said for quite a few Harley comics, so don’t be a stranger! If you’ve got anyone you’re interested in, I’m always open to suggestions. You know where to find me. :purple_heart:

…l use outrage junkies, too. It’s fitting.

8 Likes

Ps. :eyes: wonders if @capo-mage ever finished Harley’s original solo series…

7 Likes

I DID. Thanks to this awesome club he belongs to, embarrassingly admitting he somehow never got the memo on HQs 1st solo series. Pre- Internet “everywhere” I just assumed the earliest one I could find was vol 1. Nope :-1:. Ty for real tho b/c I actually like it more than 2 & I love vol 2. By a hair 1 gets it cuz Thorn is in throughout it. Ivy & Thorn together, 🪄:sparkles::sparkles:

6 Likes

No shame here. That’s one of the rules of Harley Club! :hugs: :harleys_crew: Thnx for being a part if it @capo-mage!

:green_heart::raised_hands: Speaking of which—the last story in the series has a lot in common w/ the Birds of Prey movie…only w/ a sadder ending. Great little story. Fitting end, I suppose.

I’ll be back w/ the rest. :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

“Basco, for her part, cited the story “Behind Blue Eyes” [featured in Harley Quinn #33-37 by Andy Lieberman, Mike Huddleston, Troy Nixey and Alex Sinclair] as a big inspiration. That story centers around Harley trying to protect a girl from hitmen across the city, who want access to the vault that only the child can provide with a special code imprinted into her eyes. “That was was a great one, for the dynamic between Harley and Cassandra Cain,” Basco explained.”

4 Likes

Hey @Dacoba! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thanks for the info and for coming by! Hope you’ve been well, btw. :green_heart:

6 Likes