Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 48-51 | Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Pt2) 1-12

Hey, everybody! If you’ve seen the movie: :popcorn: Remember how Waller had the Squad hunting down a ‘get out of hell free’ card? Well, this is PART 2! We’ve got swamps, catacombs, ghosts, and a brand new squad set loose on the seas like pirates. :pirate_flag: Wanna know how it all ends? :00_suicide_squad: This is the place!

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 1-12

This activity will be running all month long!

You know the drill: We’ll take the first two weeks to read (7/12-7/25), then discuss during weeks 3 & 4 (7/26-8/8). Did you enjoy them? Have you read them before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything about the the reading (or movie) you’d like to discuss—Drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :diamonds::black_heart: See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

8 Likes

:diamonds: Would you recommend this series to a friend?

• Yes. I enjoyed it! :+1:
  • Enjoyed it, but it depends on the friend.
  • Didn’t like it. :-1: So I might consider recommending it to an enemy, if I had any…
  • Undecided—I haven’t read them, but I liked the movie!
0 voters
8 Likes

Best panel of part one here-

“and you other randos.” :laughing:

6 Likes

What’s fun about this panel is that we get to see two characters, Harls and Bane, who were both introduced in the DCU at around roughly the same timeframe (Harls- Sept.1992, Bane-January 1993). I like it 'cuz it’s an opportunity to reflect on how much these two have grown in their narrative structures and how popular they’ve become as characters ever since their first appearances. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nifty! I always mean to read this series, but then I forget about it.

adds series to his overloaded Favorites list that’s creaking with four-color goodness

It’s a good creak though, you know, and devoid of Schitt, which comes from the name of a hilarious TV show, Ensign Ro.

6 Likes

@Vroom The good news is, you’ve got all month! I feel like this should be a movie too, btw.

@discordia57 There’s someone who might be of interest to you in this… :eyes: just sayin.

:face_with_monocle: I concur! And! I’d love to see Harley in charge of the team. :diamonds::black_heart: Waller should give her a chance…prbly not on this mission tho, lol.

8 Likes

YES. It’s time for Harls to shot call a mission!

5 Likes

I almost forgot about that Round Robin vote… :eyes: We don’t see it until FanDome.

8 Likes

Hey #harleys-crew, next Tuesday I’ll be hosting The Batman Watch Along staring Harley Quinn! :harley_classichqtas: Hope you guys can join. :grinning:
Now back to your Harley Book Club. :harleybathqtas:

5 Likes

If WB wants to do a Hell to Pay sequel that is based off of this book, I am all for it.

BTW, I’m just starting to read Crime Syndicate #5 (out last week), and it appears that there is a Harley/Red Hood mash-up on the Legion of Justice. I am quite intrigued as to what her deal is.

6 Likes

:eyes:

7 Likes

Snag Crime Syndicate #5, and you will see that which can be seen.

:eye: :eye:

She can also be seen on the bottom right of the issue’s cover (the blonde with a red face covering):

6 Likes

🥸
:sunglasses:
:nerd_face:
:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hey Doc, how’s my tongue?

:eye: :eye:

:tongue:

It feels off-center for some reason. Dunno. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Gasp! I forgot to tag @TheWifeOfJasonTodd. :purple_heart: Thoughts?

7 Likes

@Razzzcat

insert incoherent screaming here

6 Likes

lol :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

“Holy flirking schnit!” That is one pissed off pu-

Uh…kitty. Yeah, that kitty is tick-tocked to beat the band. Mmmhmm. :smirk:

So…@TheWifeofJasonTodd (and @Razzzcat) have you read Crime Syndicate #5 to see the Legion of Justice’s Red Hood? A wee squidge of spoilers follow: It would appear on Earth-3 that Harley took on Jason’s Earth-0 nom de guerre. There’s no full origin, but Earth-3 Harls does have a history with a Mistah J…except on Earth-3 it’s Jester, and not The Joker. So, some things are similar, but different.

I don’t recall Jason being mentioned in the issue though. I wouldn’t be suprised if he doesn’t exist on Earth-3.

5 Likes

Oh, that… ahem… Kitty isn’t pissed, its just screaming at a frequency only dogs can hear. (Something I do a lot online) :laughing:

I have not read it (granted I haven’t read much at all lately) but that seems interesting. :blush:

5 Likes

With regards to Jason Todd stuff, yeah? :wink:

BTW, the McFarlane Unmasked Jason (a Walmart exclusive) is now being shown on the back of new to retail Multiverse figures. So he’s on his way…save your pennies, friend. :slight_smile:

wishes Red Hood emoji were a thing, along with those for Yara Flor, Kate Kane and many, many more

5 Likes