Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 39 & 40: Harley Quinn 20-32

Hey there, everybody! Remember how in the last issue there was a horrible splosion that left our lady for dead?! :harley_hv_3: Well, grab your baseball bats and buckle up, because it’s about to get even more complicated!

Harley Quinn 20-32

Harls now finds herself in a mysterious new place—there’s a demon or two, some disembodiment, magic, and quite the bounty on her head. :harley_hv_2: (Aka: just an average week…and possibly the greatest jail break of all time!)

You know the drill: We’ll take the first week (5/10-5/16) to read, then discuss during the second week (5/17-5/23). Absolutely anything about the reading you’d like to discuss—Drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :diamonds::black_heart: See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

2 Likes

Question: Has anyone read this?

5 Likes

That looks familiar. I feel like I read it at some point, maybe from a library or something, but I don’t remember much else about it. I dig the style, it’s like if Bruce Timm’s work was painted and had an even bigger helping of cheesecake than usual.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s not in our library :frowning:

5 Likes

I just looked it up and while it’s not on here or available digitally on it’s own, it was reprinted in editions of the Batman: Harley & Ivy trade paperbacks as well as the Harley Quinn: A Celebration of 25 Years book.

5 Likes

@Jay_Kay @Mae Yeah, I know the odds are low since it seems a bit more rare than I was expecting (was doing some shopping :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) but I’m gonna ask for it here. We’ll see what happens! :purple_heart: Thank you!!

4 Likes

Actually @Razzzcat, while I hope they fulfill your request, cause it’d be cool to have it on the service, it’s not that rare. I found serval copies on Ebay, they go up to $100 for a 9.8 graded copy, but non graded can be gotten for $15 to $20 bucks. Plus Amazon has the Deluxe Edition for $25.

Now, here’s the kicker, it’s on Comixology for $10, and that could be the death nail to getting on the service. The debate around these parts is, do somethings not get ported to DCUI because they’re on Comixology, and DC makes more money off of the books that way?

I also stumbled upon this on Amazon and figured the Crew would love it:

They’ve got all sorts of fun prints available.

4 Likes

Yeah, Ebay was a bit ridiculous! No sooner than I posted I kept looking- found a decently graded and priced copy at MyComicShop.com so that’s good (& in my cart for my next haul) :heart::black_heart: It would be nice to have it here in the library for everyone, but…I hadn’t even looked at Comixology yet. You’re right. We’re not going to get it! Booooo! :tomato: jk :stuck_out_tongue: Not that big a deal.

Ps. A Bombshells Duvet?! They make everything! I’m gonna drop it in the Crew collection thread. Thank you!

4 Likes

I like My Comic Shop too, just got a rarer “Star Trek Gold Key #2 Variant” from them, reasonably priced. And when that Duvet listing popped up, I immediately thought of the Crew! :smile:

4 Likes

I mostly buy from them, too, so I don’t know why I didn’t check there first. :see_no_evil: Tons of great finds there! Come post the Star Trek here if you’re up for it! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

:eyes: is @capo-manger around? No pressure, of course :hugs: wondering if you got a chance to keep reading.

I’ll be back—I’m behind on reading lol as usual. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I wasn’t & still am not… feeling well. But I’m trying to catch up!!! Read like 3 so far. Just read new drops haven’t read in a few days.

4 Likes

Oh no @capo-manger! Hope you feel better soon! :hugs::purple_heart: Take care of you.

4 Likes

I’m not caught up yet, but wanted to drop these here. They say a lot about Harls, and what even the thought of silence or solitude—being trapped in her own mind, really do to her.:diamonds:

5 Likes

@Razzzcat!!! I’m finally feeling good enough to get online haha. Ty for the well wishes you’re the best. Idk what it even was. Just symptoms only. I just posted maybe 3weeks ago about how I haven’t had the flu, or headaches or even a cold since I was a kid. Than I get…idk what? Fully vaccinated long b4 it. Ughhh it was so draining tho. But I’m back & I missed everybody…finally gonna read the HQs I didn’t even know existed until u posted it as next read. Isn’t that crazy? I’ve missed issues b4 b/c I do all the crossovers involved first & sometimes I forget to go back & read the in between ones. But on this one I’d just never read it. To me, that’s like sitting on my tv & watching the couch. Idk how I could’ve been so clueless it’s her 1st title lol. Oh man,that’s just unbelievable to me. I might’ve never read or knew it existed. I wasn’t even gonna check, than I thought I’ll peek at it in case I need to discuss. The rest is history…you’re truly a master detective.

4 Likes

Hey! I’m late and I did not read the issues leading up to #20-29, but I did read issues #20-29!

I really liked issues #20-22 with Harley doing a jailbreak out of Hell. I nerded out because many of the villains who helped the scheme were 90’s Superman villains. That’s when I realized the story was done by Karl Kesel who was a big part of the 90’s Superman writing team, so… yeah… makes sense. It was nice seeing Massacre again, but I was really psyched to see Obsession. Obsession was basically like Maxima. She was obsessed with Superman and thought they belonged together. She strung poor Jimmy Olsen along and stole magical coins to give herself superpowers in order to make that happen. Obession wasn’t long for the books (mostly because… Maxima, so she was kind of redundant), so it was nice to see her make a comeback for this story, at least. But, yeah, that entire story was a blast.

Issues #26-29 were also pretty cool. You could tell there was a shift in creative teams as the book went in an entirely new direction. I think having Harley go back to her therapist roots is always a good direction for her much like the current run. It was also an engaging story. Framing Harley for murder certainly grabs your attention and introducing us to the suspects as her patients was a nice touch. I am interested to see where it goes.

I should catch up on the rest of this volume…

5 Likes

@capo-manger!!! :hugs: Glad you’re back!! :purple_heart:

And @TheCosmicMoth anytime is a good time. :hugs: Glad you made it!

I can’t stay, but I’ll be back s​:eyes:n to discuss!

And don’t forget we have this awesomeness w/ DC History Club running too. Come play!
DC History Club & Harley’s Crew present 📺 V FOR VENDETTA 💥 Book Club & Watch-Along/Scavenger Hunt! MONDAY 6/7 @ 6PM PST/9PM EST

5 Likes

:hugs: @Razzzcat

I will definitely make if for V!

5 Likes

Thank u superstar…

4 Likes

Well I’ll probably read this because I just joined. Even though I am late to reply.

5 Likes