Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 37 & 38: Spotlight: Poison Ivy

Aww, no apologies necessary @TheCosmicMoth! I like discussing/reading your thoughts, of course, but stuff happens—no worries. I’m happy to have you whenever that is!

Lol, Yep. What are they waiting for?? Same reason they sold Riddler tees and not Tree Hugger tees from HQAS in the DC store :neutral_face: I guess. He’s not even close to a main character. What are you doing DC??

6 Likes

I’ve been asking that question for the better part of my life…

5 Likes

:laughing:…This is what it means to be a DC fan, doesn’t it? sighs

6 Likes

That’s why it’s good we have these books clubs… as support groups. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It is kinda therapeutic.

7 Likes

Anger is my spirit Inside Out character.

I’m not at all an angry guy (very, very far from it, in point of fact) but I love Lewis Black, and his portrayal of the character was one of the few things I consistently enjoyed about that movie.

resumes his Ivy-related NML re-read

4 Likes

@Razzzcat, did you get Swamp Thing #3 this week?!?!?!?!

5 Likes

I know!!! :seedling: :star_struck: @TheCosmicMoth Have you been reading the series? :eyes:

7 Likes

Sadness was hilarious—she’s definitely my favorite.

(wants to watch Lewis Black stand up now…)

5 Likes

It was a hard choice, cause both were cool, but I got the variant cover.

I haven’t read it yet, but so far I’ve enjoyed the series.

7 Likes

@Razzzcat Yes! I have been reading Swamp Thing. I’ve been reading most of what DC has put out since Infinite Frontier. I’ve been planning to cut down my list and I was on the fence about Swamp Thing. It’s been good, but I’m not a big horror bug. Then I saw dual Pams on the cover of issue #3 and I was like, “Okay, guess I’m not dropping Swamp Thing now.”

After reading it, I figured I’d mention it since I think it plays really well into what we’ve been discussing here.

Awesome variant @discordia57!

6 Likes

Conversely, I did drop The Swamp Thing as of this month’s issue.

Given my proclivity for redheads, I’m rather proud of myself for exerting Green Lantern-level willpower in passing on this month’s issue(s) of TST and not caving in for Pam x2.

That said, my willpower will be out the door and strewn all over the road come 5/18, thanks to a certain wonderful new brunette character’s solo title that I’m buying in digital (regular singles) and print (variants).

I have no willpower when it comes to resisting Yara Flor, and I am totally and 100% completely a-okay with that.

@Razzzcat Anytime’s a good time for Lewis Black’s stand-up. :0_superman1:

Also, this thread may have prompted me to re-watch Inside Out. :smirk:

5 Likes

Moth realizes what @Vroom is talking about and bows his head in resignation as it means he will be adding yet another title to his pull list… DC wins another round against Moth’s bank account.

6 Likes

Agree, @discordia57 tough call. I know I might very well end up w/ both eventually, since I have a small addiction to variants… small :eyes: yeah.

6 Likes

@TheCosmicMoth I’ve been trying to keep up, but I’ve fallen behind. Its funny you say that about trimming your list, because I was going to wait on Swampy, then…well, you know the rest. Where my plant lady goes, I follow. :woman_shrugging:t2::green_heart:

6 Likes

This is not untrue. :sunglasses:

Also,:point_down: are you feeling all right? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: jkjk

I break for Yara Flor, too, so :money_with_wings: take my money, DC!

6 Likes

places hand on forehead

I seem to be okay (the leg I smashed into a pew due to Ellie Kemper is back to normal, BTW). Here, let me try one other thing.

pops open a bottle of grape-flavored Dimetapp and takes a couple hearty swigs from it

I’m feelin’ good and grapey, now! :star_struck: :purple_heart:

I’ll catch TST #3 when it comes here. In the meantime…YARA. :00_wonder_woman_stars:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: Nobody can resist Yara.

4 Likes

Okay, so Leaves of Grass: I don’t remember much about this story other than the artwork. Especially :point_down:this guy, and I kinda love his design.

Its super effective- really gives the story a special atmosphere, and just makes you instantly know Woodrue is a lunatic who can’t be trusted.
@TheCosmicMoth mentioned reefer madness (ever see the musical :eyes: its very funny). Anyway. The story is anti-doping, which is good, but it’s kinda pro-hemp and decriminalization, and that’s also a good thing, since it’s a diverse and useful plant for a whole lot more than just smoking or medication. :woman_shrugging:t2:

As for Ivy, this is that sarcastic Ivy I enjoy, and, like always, she keeps her eyes on prize: :moneybag: green. And no one is getting the better of her (not even Batman), because she’s trusts no one. Look how perfectly she side-eyes, lol: :green_heart:

8 Likes

I’ve seen it and the edition that featured commentary by Movie Riff-Meister (and MST3K alum) Mike Nelson. While the original is unintentionally hilarious, the edition with Mike’s commentary is purposefully and absolutely gut-busting.

5 Likes