Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 33 & 34: Suicide Squad April Fools Special/Harley Quinn 17-19

That’s tough. Right now it’s gonna be the one I never realized I missed. Just b/c it’s all brand new. I really love Harleen, loving HQ & The BOP but hasn’t been many. Love Conner & Palmiotti across the board. Also waiting on more of HQ make em laugh. I guess it depends on how far I can stretch it. If SS ones count etc. but there’s none I don’t love. Thought Harleys Little Black Book & the Rebirths were great. Also, the HQ & Power Girl team up was a great read. I love too many things lol. U asked me if I had a favorite figure in my collection & I did the same thing I’m doing now lol. I start off with a few in mind. Than I start categorizing things like a hoarder who’s watching stuff being taken away lol. I’m like, but I need that also…

3 Likes

Lol I :100: get this, @capo-mage! Theres too many things—too much to consider when choosing! :purple_heart: I shouldn’t ask people these things when I know it’s difficult for me to answer.

Ive been holding off on this​:point_down: one, but added it to the crew list so I won’t be waiting all that long! I don’t know if there’s plans for more issues tho. I think 3 might be it. Wanna check out the new Infinite Frontier HQ. It’s waiting for me in my library. :cry: So lonely I haven’t come visited. lol

3 Likes

HaHa :joy: I love when u ask me the tough questions. I’m jealous u have new frontier waiting for u. But I’m happy for u. Idk that was a 3 & done? (Make em laugh) that’s weird. Not sure I know of any that short that the issues weren’t like 50pgs per issue. That was just like all the other digital ones. Short & Sweet.

3 Likes

@capo-mage :hugs:

Never say never, but…August, I think, was the last Make em Laugh issue. Been checking back—maybe they’ll pick it up again. Who knows! But that’s why I finally just added it to my list to read: tired of waiting!

As for Infinite Frontier, yeah, I opted to drop the :moneybag: for at least the first issue to check it out (the artwork looks awesome!) Thats what I did for White Knight: HQ, too, but ended up subscribing to the miniseries, I liked the first one so much. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

That’s awesome!!! I forgot I was going to say I’m looking forward to Curse of the White Knight in my favorites list, but I forgot when I got carried away lol. That’s crazy (Make em laugh) cuz issues are 17 pages. I started Black Book & wasn’t into it. Than tried again & ended up loving it. Especially the WW & Zee ones. I liked the British based crew in that one too.

3 Likes

:eyes: Oooh, yes yes yes.

Little Black Book: the Wonder Woman and Zatanna issues are my favorite of the series. Hands down. :face_with_monocle: Agree!

3 Likes

:+1: :grin: I’m so glad I always give things another try. I do the same with shows/movies. There’s so many I love that I didn’t like on my 1st attempt or even viewing. Same with music. Tons of times a song will come on, & I’ll realize I love it but it never hit me til way later.

3 Likes

Oh yeah—sometimes I know I’m just not in the right mood/head space for something, so I try to go back and give them another shot. End up enjoying them. Not always tho, :stuck_out_tongue:but more often than not, I do. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I swear it works. My buddy is same way. He always texts & says 2nd viewing of (whatever) I love it now. Also, some sink in late. There’s a ton I finish reading or watching & leave it unsure. Than like 3-4 days later I’m like that movie or comic etc was great!!!

3 Likes

Ask and you shall receive, @Razzzcat! Let’s start with:

That’s not a problem… Is it…?

This issue was fun! I also enjoyed seeing Harles go back to her therapist roots. It actually made me think a lot about the Future State Harley Quinn issues. Harley also makes use of her skills as a therapist in Future State, and Scarecrow plays a role in that story just as he did here.

Moving on to Waller’s actions, how very Clockwork Orange of her… But, yeah, this wasn’t exactly a surprise. This is The Wall I have come to know and love. I do like when you start to see the glimpses of humanity show through that cold, uncompromising exterior. This was also somewhat less ruthless than the way she was portrayed in the New 52 volume. Somewhat.

I really liked this moment:

This reminded me of the Future State Suicide Squad issues (is it obvious I just finished Future State?). At the end of Future State Suicide Squad, Amanda Waller kind of achieves this… or pretty close to this, anyway (a world with just a Superman). That being said, I know this special was a preview of the Rebirth volume of Suicide Squad. I haven’t read that yet, but I look forward to seeing how/where this moment fits (I’m guessing something to do with Justice League vs. Suicide Squad).

Overall, I enjoyed this issue as it contained all the wonderful Harley hijinx I’ve come to expect. Until next time, I wish you all nothing but:

3 Likes

That’s exactly what a Moth would say :eyes:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: :innocent: :sweat_smile:

Moth jams:

3 Likes

@TheCosmicMoth!!! :hugs: Thanx for coming by! The glorious tunage, of course! :notes: And THIS:

It is :100: NOT a problem.

Anyway, yeah. I kept thinking, in the back of my mind, :thinking: Why is this a Suicide Squad issue and not just an issue of HQ? Well :laughing: I got my answer! Honestly, I do like Waller this way, and you’re right she’s not quite as harsh as New 52, but daaaaang.

I haven’t gotten to Future State SS yet—do I
need to move it up the bottomless pile?

Ps. @capo-mage

I kinda like when something needs to brew in the back of mind. A little seed gets planted and then sprouts something awesome a later on. :seedling:

4 Likes

It’s the best especially with music. I’ll have radio on in car & a song will come on. I’ll realize I love it & crank it. Than it stays in my rotation on music session days. Beyoncé’s Irreplaceable is the most recent that made that rotation haha. I heard it on way to work a couple years ago & it hit me that I loved it. Also, M. I A. Paper Planes…same thing. Amazing tunes!!!

3 Likes

I liked it! And it’s a must if you plan on reading the current Infinite Frontier volume of Suicide Squad. Though both are, unfortunately, Harley-less… but our girl has moved on to better (???) things…

3 Likes