Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 27 & 28: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy 1-6

Do you mean specifically for Ivy? or anytime there was a Lex gift, regardless of recipient?

4 Likes

Now that I think about it, that is kind of a…I don’t know if I’d call it a plot hole, but with what happens at the end, that kind of means that Floronic Man just…ups and leaves the story pretty early on. Unless there was something I missed.

I think so too – it may be a slow burn story, but Tynion has talked about how Ivy will play a big role in his Batman plans in 2021/22, she had her story in the Joker War Special (still not a fan of the Queen Ivy name but eh, I’m still gonna call her Poison), and Stephanie Phillips has talked about having a story about Harley trying to find Ivy in the Urban Legends anthology series. It feels more likely to happen now than it has in a while.

I’m not Mae, but I dug her appearance. Kind of standard “superhero assumes something about protagonist, have a little fighty-fight, then work together for a bit” thing, but it’s done well here. I got a chuckle out of Kate’s reaction to Harley calling Kate her “straight man.” :laughing:

It’s a neat look, though I think a lot of people didn’t like it because “she has no skin but still has boobs because…comics, I guess.”

4 Likes

@AntLeon I mean specifically his magic dirt. :thinking: Its just a one off? It’s Lex. I don’t trust him. Ever!

@Jay_Kay Lol Its a stretch, very true, but people would complain if she didn’t sprout herself a pair too, so :woman_shrugging:t2: I can see how how there’s flesh, but no skin. I can roll w/ it. :+1: Like Harley, I’m just happy to have my plant lady back. :green_heart:

2 Likes

I don’t know about a repeat on the dirt, but there are plenty of examples of Lex gifting another (usually a hero), presumably for no particular reason. the animated YJ comes to mind in particular.

2 Likes