Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 13 & 14: Harley Quinn: Black+White+Red 4-6

Had to drop this here cuz I’m loving the standee. It has spooked me a few times tho. I forget it’s there & I think I’m about to be attacked lol.

7 Likes

@capo-mage Police Comics was published by Quality comics from 1941-53. Plastic Man, Phantom Lady, Human Bomb, and Firebrand all made their debuts in Police Comics. After Quality went under, DC (or National as they used to be known) purchased most of Quality’s characters. Hence why an alternate universe where Harley married Plas is possible.

6 Likes

That’s really hard to believe. I’m a huge Freedom Fighters fan & Plastic Man. I never knew that? I consider myself extremely knowledgeable about DC. I love learning new facts tho. Thanks for that. Might help me on trivia someday. Here’s a send off for appreciation.

Just a few pics from my collection thanks for dropping some science on DC for me :grin:

8 Likes

Amazing!

5 Likes

Thank u. My room is filled to the brim with figures, statues all kinds of DC. It’s way out of hand & I love it lol.

5 Likes

Late to the party, but I hadn’t read any of Harley: Black. White, and Red and finally had some free time last night, so I read them all. Issues 1-7 (so at least all the issues available on DC Infinite). I won’t discuss 1-3 or 7 here, but I really liked them.

Harley winning a rap battle is something I never thought I’d see in a comic, but absolutely priceless

Harley’s vision of what her world would be like if she went full time hero was great too (Starro Burgers… :laughing:).

I like the return to Batman: White Knight universe here. I haven’t read all of Curse of the White Knight yet, so not sure where they go with Batman’s relationship to Harley there, but I’m ok with the letter she wrote then didn’t deliver. I don’t think she meant what she said romantically? But like I said- I still need to finish Curse.

But this was fun and I can’t wait for new issues.

5 Likes

You have an amazing collection! Thanks for posting those pics!

If you or anyone else is interested, most of the old Quality Comics books fell into public domain, so you can read most of them online for free here. I’ve been obsessed with public domain Golden Age comics for the better part of a decade which is why I geeked out when Plastic Man made a cameo in a Harley book.

4 Likes

Very nice thank u & thanks for compliment. That’s just a few I have like 400 plus more & I sorta wish that was a joke but it’s not. I love it tho.

5 Likes

Same. I mean, despite being :100: Team Steve and Selina, I was actually totally okay w/ this. I prefer it to pairing Diana up w/ Supes— for whatever reason, it makes more sense to me (which is part of why I love that scene in HQ when they all get sprayed w/ Ivy’s pheromones :laughing:). This may be controversial, but I think Lois and Diana make for a better couple than Clark and Diana.

Hey @Ortega807! I like this. I’m hoping that’s all that comes of it. Also agree on getting a different take on Harley’s musical… career? :stuck_out_tongue: (in comics, that is.)

Like @TheCosmicMoth I loved everything happening in that issue. Really great example of what I enjoy about this whole series.
Dear @DC_Community , MORE PLEASE!! (whoever you can pass that on to… :partying_face: I’ll take it!)

9 Likes

Oh, and shout out to Kash Huntress & Boujee Bane. :v: :sunglasses: and @capo-mage. I’d pay for a guided tour through your museum. :purple_heart: You know I’ve been doing this for months :star_struck:

10 Likes

I’m here for that! :hugs:

5 Likes

I’d read it! Lois and Diana :heart: Make it happen, DC! :smile:

8 Likes

Oh I’d never charge u & I’d probably send u home with one of em’.

4 Likes

I could definitely send u home with an Ivy or Harley. I collected all of those way b4 this site. I had no clue there was gonna be an animated series. I bought em and put an Ivy next to every Harley I had with an occasional Joker in there. I think I willed them to get together with my figures haha…

4 Likes

I think you did too! Our collective will power did it. :muscle::purple_heart:

Ps. Almost forgot this panel that made me laugh.

10 Likes

Haha :joy: put that on out of context chaos…

4 Likes

:white_check_mark: Done.

6 Likes

Nice I’m going hunting

3 Likes

Im here because this tied in with Batman: White Knight Presents Harley Quinn. I loved the story in white knight. How is the story in this one?

5 Likes