Harley’s Crew | Book Club Wks 11 & 12: Harley Quinn: Black+White+Red 1-3

I meant overall, but: Yep! It pays to keep corporate overlords away! :laughing: I absolutely love what he does w/ Sunstone—It’s actually why I think he’ll still push for Isley. (Still brings it up and creates dialogue) Especially if we talk about it here at DCU and show the suits what we want, they’ll get out of his way.

Agree. :100: He’s too good to let go, especially having Black Label available to produce his work. :woman_shrugging:t2:

[edit] I should add that I believe (aside from money and his health) gender politics and sexuality have a lot to do w/ this. Harley & Ivy dont get a fair shake, and I’m glad he won’t tolerate being censored. I’ll wait for it as long as I have to, because I trust him. I don’t trust the suits in the board rooms. They’re hideous at true representation. :woman_shrugging:t2: Thats my take :v:

5 Likes

I might have asked Santa for the Harleen hardcover.

Might have. :harley_hv_1:

4 Likes

Batman White Knight Presents: Harley Quinn #2

BOOK TWO
Gotham City’s elusive serial killer, the Starlet, and her mysterious benefactor reach the pinnacle of their power, terrorizing the city and teasing the GCPD with strange clues and a famous new victim. Harley goes rogue and hunts down a shocking major lead in the case, but her ruthless style backfires and she puts herself at the mercy of Commissioner Montoya for a shot at redemption. When FBI Agent Hector Quimby becomes an ally in a crucial moment, he and Harley forge a partnership that will soon take them down a familiar and ominous road.

11/25/2020

5 Likes

That “Isley” book HAS to happen :sob: can’t wait for it to be made and released :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Sorry I am late I will try to read it it looked cool

4 Likes

Are we going to read all the books are we going to read one book then stop

4 Likes

You can do it however you want.

Read one, then comment, or read them all then comment.

It’s up to you.

5 Likes

3 Likes

No problemo! :slight_smile:

That “rule” applies towards most, if not all, book clubs. Read and comment when and how you want.

3 Likes

Great I’m going to read it tonight

2 Likes

So what happens when you read all the books do we just talk about it

2 Likes

Yep. Usually there are discussion questions to follow or you can just talk about the book(s) in whatever capacity you want to either as or after you read them.

2 Likes

So once everyone finishes the book are we going to have another book

3 Likes

That’s generally how it works. Once the given time period of a discussion runs out, it’s onto the next selection.

Whatever the next book will be is up to @Razzzcat, @Mae and @hashtag-goodtobejo as they run Harley’s Crew.

3 Likes

Cool thanks sorry this is my first time doing a book club

3 Likes

No problem, happy to help. :clark_hv_4:

4 Likes

Hey @Nickywood! :wave: Glad you made it!
So—quick tip: every club is a little different, as @Vroom mentioned (thank you, btw) Here w/ Crew, we unleash a new set of books every 2 weeks. Each book has its own discussion thread. We generally all read for the first week, and then discuss whatever interests us about it on the 2nd week, but if you’re ready sooner—let ‘er rip!! :fist::tada:

We just started BW+R this week, so we’ll have another round of books on 11/9 :+1: Actually, if you join the Crew, and add harleys-crew in your “watching” notifications, it’s nice and easy to keep current w/ all the stuff we do. Would you like me to add you?

8 Likes

Dear @hashtag-goodtobejo, I think I know what you’re telling me :wilted_flower: :sunglasses: I haven’t started it yet, but where my plant-lady goes, I follow…even if I don’t always like it, lol.

Which is why Isley has GOT to happen (I’m w/ you @king.hock I’ll start campaigning like I did for S3 of HQ if have to! :muscle: we all know how that turned out!)

6 Likes

@Razzzcat
YAAAASSSSS DO IT!!! The community HAS to follow, and I believe they will!!!

5 Likes

I’ll sign a petition, dance a jig, wear lederhosen, etc for Isley to happen (and I haven’t even read Harleen in full yet, but that artwork for Isley is heavenly).

7 Likes