Harley’s Crew | Book Club | Harley Quinn Animated Series: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour

What a squee-ful new avatar, @NCharles39! :hugs:

8 Likes

Love this! I wish we see more of this in Season 3.

8 Likes

I have to say… I read the comic this morning and I absolutely love that they continued where they left off in the show.

I love that they also encourage people to read the show if they didn’t do so already.

Any thoughts on the writer/artist changing Ivy’s outfit?? It’s not conservative like it is in the show. It suits where she is in her life. She’s becoming more comfortable with her sexuality and it’s showing in her outfit choice. :blush:

14 Likes

Welcome to the community @grangerboy1 and @kyra.torain, and welcome back to the community @nerdgirl524! :poison_undercoverhqtas: I’m glad to hear y’all enjoyed this comic as much as I did - I loved the TV show and the fact that this comic picked up directly after the season finale is just the cherry on top. Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything!

There are so many little moments in this comic that perfectly express both Harley’s and Ivy’s characters to a T (the part where Harley wraps herself in the sheets like a burrito was adorable). I also found Ivy’s moment in the bathroom to be very poignant - Kiteman is still a very prominent figure in her life and I’m glad that part of her storyline was acknowledged as something she still needs to work through.

I love her new outfit - it’s similar to Harley’s but still screams Ivy to me. I’m just a sucker for superheroes, supervillains, and everything in between being portrayed in non-costume outfits though. :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite panel was definitely the last one:

T2144400015001_021_HD_THUMBNAIL
Loved the inclusion of the hyenas! :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Omg heeeey!! :smiley: It’s been a while! Glad to see ya! :smile::purple_heart:

Her father is obvs unhinged… because Ivy is goals. :heart_eyes::green_heart:

10 Likes

I am curious to see if we’ll get more of the stuff with Ivy’s father, because I believe the showrunners have said that Ivy’s past and family life will play a bigger role in season 3. Maybe this will give us some hints to that?

10 Likes

That’s my Impossible Dream, @Jay_Kay.

If I could find a lady to look at that way (and vice versa), then it’s as Clara said in Back to the Future part III: “Golly!”

@TheTerrificToyman I sure hope Livewire pops up. If anyone from the world of Superman fits the world of Harley Quinn, it’s that created for the DCAU, Lori Petty-voiced, jolt of joy (along with Maxima and Volcana).

7 Likes

thanks for the warm welcome :blush: and I’m glad you agree!!

7 Likes

HI! good to see you guys. :grin: :heart:

Reading this has really made me want to know more about Ivy’s past because it seems like a lot of her fear, insecurities, hatred for humanity come right back to her a$$hat dad. Where was her mom? what was her mom like? Also another note I wanted to mention, maybe its just me but it feels like Ivy is always holding back and reluctant to just go nuts when it comes to her feelings and even her powers (especially her powers) I mean can you imagine if she “came out of retirement” and went full mother Gaia on humanity’s a$$? I’ve just noticed this because every time Ivy pushes herself to do something like make a giant ramp out of a tree Harley is left stunned. So Im just left wondering what else can Ivy do if she actually gave a crap enough to do it.

10 Likes

If Poison Ivy was handled more like “I am Mother Nature, and she is seriously ****ing pissed!” in the comics and outside media, then she would be up there with Joker, Bane, Two-Face and others as one of Batman’s greatest and deadliest threats.

Her HQ iteration would still be charming as ever. She’d just have the capability of being a Justice League-level threat as well.

7 Likes

Yeah, I enjoyed this first issue quite a bit. Tee Franklin and Max Sarin were able to translate the best parts of the show into comics really well.

Really liked all the background details too, like Dr. Psycho’s face being ripped out in all the pictures Harley has with her crew and showing Harley can still be obsessive about love with her Poison Ivy Shrine/Wall

I’m really excited to see where the comic goes from here.

7 Likes

This one made me smile.

8 Likes

Oh my GOSH, I love love loved reading this so much! First of all, the art is just so adorable and so expressive—it really captures all of the character’s personalities so well. Not to mention the writing! Similarly to what @Vroom said, I feel like tie-ins can get a bit disconnected from the source material, but I really feel like this one stayed on track wonderfully! It continues the story perfectly!

I’m really touched by the emotions we’re getting to see Harlivy work through, both together and individually. It really adds an authenticness to their relationship and it makes me all giddy getting to see them work towards being a real couple! I just love them so much and I absolutely cannot wait for the next issue! :pleading_face: :heart:

Now, time for some of my favorite panels because again, the art is just :sparkles:chefs kiss :sparkles::

12 Likes

:laughing: I liked that panel, too. As an ardent fan of giving the finger (purely from a mental place, as I never give the actual, physical bird…much :smirk:), that made me chuckle and think “Go, Harls! Let that bird fly!”

8 Likes

Hi, everyone! Let me start light with further proof that Ivy is probably in her 40’s:

Ivy Millennial Stores

“One of those Millennial stores…” Like she doesn’t consider herself a millennial. Friends, I’m a millennial and I’m 36. If Ivy is not one, then she is older than me…

Next I get a little heavier and I’m not sure it’s my place, but… there are two moments in this issue that KILL me ded:

Ivy Pretend
Ivy Just Married

I mean… sooo much to unpack here. Really good writing. First thing to note is that Ivy still feels that she had to pretend with Kite Man (he!! yeah) to make everyone happy. Second, well, there probably is someone who wants to marry Ivy, but she can’t accept it as valid yet. …I mean… no one should have to pretend to be something and… no one should have to think that it’s not valid to love the person they love. I mean, that’s the damage the whole “traditional family values” and “traditional marriage” garbage does to people. It makes perfectly hot eco-terrorists feel that they have to commit their lives to losers like Kite Man (… or Moth, really) to be accepted. This is really visceral and emotional. Good work, Tee Franklin and Max Sarin…

11 Likes

I’m 38, and if she’s older than me, that would be just…fine. :wink::ok_hand:t2:

#prefersolderwomen

6 Likes

That’s a good one.

Some that i liked were the picture of
Harley and Ivy at arkham from the show
hqback1

and Harleys
jumpsuit and jacket from the BoP movie, you can also see bernie the beaver.
hqback2

11 Likes

I like my women like I like my kale… green and bitter…

10 Likes

@TheCosmicMoth- I’m thinkin’ that Pam maybe just doesn’t want to be identified with the Millennial moniker. I’m basing this take on her push back when Harls wanted to team up. She def doesn’t seem to go for the group think thing (also her push back to the Legion Of Doom’s invite), so maybe this applies demographic descriptives as well? I’m placing Harls and Pam somewhere around thrity- four to thirty five year YO range. But I could be wrong. :thinking: :smiley:

6 Likes

I <3 you @DC89, but… denial ain’t just a river in Egypt… Also, I watched The Suicide Squad and it’s one of the best live-action movies DC has ever released.

6 Likes