Harley’s Crew | Book Club 37: Harleween!

Hey there, @Harleys-Crew! Autumn is in the air—that time of year when leaves begin to fall and we gather around our regulation, industral-sized cauldron to swap spells recipes :magic_wand: and delightfully spooky stories! :ghost:

We have another grab-bag for you this month, BUT! Are they tricks? :eyes: Are they treats? :eyes: Only you can decide (:harleyquinn_hqas: but we definitely have some monsters, ghosts and clowns…and witches)! You know the drill: Read one, read ‘em all—the choice is yours!

:boom: This activity will be running ALL month long!

:boom: Reading begins: Right now!

:boom: Discussion begins: As soon as you‘re ready! Did you enjoy it? Have you read it before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything at all about the reading you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below when you’re ready (and as always, :metal: don’t forget your broomsticks and baseball bats). :black_heart::heart: See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

12 Likes

First, here’s some mood music: :notes: :ghost:

And some Man-bat, Attorney at Law…

:diamonds: From the stories above, which do you prefer?

• Harley-Bat
  • Dr. Quinn, ghosthunter
  • Both!
  • Other, I’ll list it below!
  • Totally imaginary OPTION #4: Dr. Harley-Bat!

0 voters

11 Likes

Harleween!!! I love that!!!

8 Likes

I don’t like the story, but “(Wo)Man-Batter Up” is an amazing title.

9 Likes

@Jurisdiction Oh, good! :harleys_crew: I was giggling to myself when I was putting that together thinking :thought_balloon: I hope someone finds this as entertaining as I do! :rofl: Otherwise I’ll feel like this:

I feel that’s what they should’ve called it :see_no_evil: The story was mostly fun (for me anyway) just for the Harley-as-a-bat novelty alone, but I feel like they definitely could’ve done more with it. :purple_heart: Thanks for coming by @TheRealDetectiveShoe! Hope you’ve been well!

11 Likes

Ps. I’m happy Dr. Harley-bat is winning! I would read it if it were a thing.

9 Likes

You absolutely found someone who found that funny! I literally cracked up in class, and then had to play it off as “a joke from my friend”.

So technically, I didn’t lie…

7 Likes

I was a list below candidate lol. I’m only sure about 1 of those as far as reading them? So, I’m going literally right now to start on em. Then I’ll let u know if I never read em? -& which is my favorite either way…ty @Razzzcat !!! I love deep cut stories that are hidden inside other comics. Those are the only (besides new issues) ones I’ve maybe never read, or would’ve known to find. So, Ty for that. I was just thinking what should I read next…yay!!!

6 Likes

Ok. I did read these. I like HQ probably Wo-Man & Zatanna & HQ Sinister House #2.

5 Likes

I went with other. I like Dr. Quinzel, Suicide Squad edition from Man-Bat.

Don’t remember the Elvira special. I’ll give that one a read.

9 Likes

Elvira’s are really good!!! House of Mystery is the setting. Then it’s like she’s hosting a show from there.

5 Likes

@Jurisdiction I can confirm that this is indeed a factual statement. :green_heart: :cobb_squad:

Hey @capo-mage !! :raised_hands: Glad you found something you liked— especially something you haven’t already read! :laughing: I consider that a small personal victory. I think this is maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve done it!

Hope you enjoy it! We started getting that series last Fall (I think :thinking: there was only ever 11-12 issues total), but I keep forgetting to come back to it, so I’ll be reading it with you! :magic_wand:

8 Likes

Jk. Almost forgot the other reason I came by!
I read the :bat: Man-Bat comic a while back for the hell of it, not realizing it was a prequel type situation (Diana shows up and recruits Kirk for JLD—which if you haven’t read it, you :100: should). Justice League Dark (2018-) #1

Anyway. I enjoyed it! The art and dialogue was solid. We get a decent backstory on him, and while initially someone might think he needs to be collected for the safety of others, I really liked that Harley not only catches him, but is also the one who shows him compassion (after her psychoanalysis, that is). She lets him go so he can have a real second chance instead of dying brutally as a lab experiment. :woman_judge:t2: I approve, Dr. Quinn. Plus, I just like him as part of JLD. He’s a romance character at his core (like pretty much everyone in JLD), so he was a logical addition, for the sorrow and oddity he brings with him.

Ps. I have some more mood music, y’all. It’s October, so my Halloween playlist is continuously on for 31 days. :ghost: :dancer:t2: Plus, I love this cover…

11 Likes

Yes!!! You are my finder extraordinaire lol. I almost went my entire life w/o reading an entire volume of HQ…if u didn’t make it a read, I never would’ve known one existed that I’d never seen b4? That’s what Great friends are 4….!!!

5 Likes

Oh &….

Been a minute. Gotta drop off one of those for ya’. lol.

6 Likes

:laughing: :raised_hands: Thank you! A good how dare you will always brighten my day! Saw this not too long ago, and who better to share it with?!

6 Likes

:blue_heart: :cobb_squad:

6 Likes

Seconded! :point_up:

11 Likes

:joy: so great!!!

5 Likes

Secrets of Sinister House was fun. The story with Harley and Zatanna was my favorite. A closet full of zombie clowns is perfect for Halloween, and in any other setting probably would’ve given me weird dreams :sweat_smile: but Zatanna and Harley keep things light and I trust them. I liked how Harley talked her way through and gave him closure. I remember enjoying Batter Up, too, but I can’t remember specifics about it other than the gang was there and Harley becomes a bat.

:smirk: We can do all the best spells!

11 Likes