Harley’s Crew | Book Club 32 | Spotlights: Bumblebee/ Vixen/ Amanda Waller

Karen! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Zoe looks so good as Catwoman in the new Batman!!! Those other history of the DC Universe comics are incredible btw…

6 Likes

Definitely! I wish there were more, tbh. :purple_heart: Thanks for coming by capo!

The layouts/panels for each issue are pretty awesome. Makes for a super fast read, and says some poignant things. I had waited on this issue, and turns out its more about Mal Duncan than Karen, but that’s okay! Still really good! A+

I’m working in Check Mate and need Vroom to know, btw. :smile: okay bye. I’ll be back!

8 Likes

puts on his “G.I. Joe nerd since he was 7” t-shirt then says

“Now I know!”

5 Likes

You’re the reason I bumped it up on my list @Vroom :eyes: Just a reminder. :laughing::purple_heart:

7 Likes

I…I am?

takes off the G.I. Joe shirt, then puts on his “I’m drawing a blank, could you please refresh my memory on what we were talking about?” t-shirt

Its in a small font, but it looks nice. Check out the stitching. You don’t get this kind of a tee out of a comic book, no ma’am!

I have many a custom tee. :smirk:

5 Likes

Anytime!!! Your reading Checkmate? Is that what u were saying? If so, good decision & @Vroom won’t ever steer u wrong…it’s great. I need to read the older ones yet :disappointed: I love every character in it. The Black Knight to Queen etc. gets a little confusing to me. Should’ve kept up with chess? But the crossovers in it I’ve read. OMAC etc. I love Jessica Midnight & Sasha Bordeaux. Loved her in all the Bruce Wayne Fugitive & previous & following storylines. She’s a big character in OMAC too!!! Hope u enjoy. I’m sure u are. The new Checkmates are great too!!!

5 Likes

Where u at @Razzzcat? Nobody wants to talk to me & idk where the cool kids hang out these days? Did u see see new season of The Flight Attendant coming…?

My mom wants me to have friends…

5 Likes

GASP! That’s impossible! You’re CAPO!! THE @capo-mage!! Everybody wants to talk to you! :purple_heart: And that means wherever YOU are is where the cool-kids are—fact! :woman_judge:t2: That is my final ruling.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :hugs:

I did see we’re getting more Flight Attendant, btw! Sometime this Spring, I believe. :tada: And hopefully we’ll get Sn3 of HQAS in time for Harley’s double-quinceañera in the Fall, too! :harleyquinn_hqas: :harley_hv_1: :harleys_crew:

8 Likes

Here’s this btw, everyone :coffee:

:eyes: The Vixen series is pretty good so far, btw…

8 Likes

And yes! It’s slow-going, but I finally started :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

:hugs: 𝗬𝗢𝗨’𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧!!! Ty, @Razzzcat, great answer lol. I can’t wait for HQ & Flight Attendant. I really need to do Checkmate…it’s slow, b/c it’s a lot of black knights queen etc. like playing chess while reading haha. It’s totally worth it tho- from what I’ve gathered from the crossovers involved in it? I still need to read the in between issues tho…

5 Likes

I’m still confizzled (isn’t that a rad word, BTW?) by Checkmate and your associating it with me, Lady Isley.

Did I recommend it to you, at some point? I haven’t read the current volume yet, so IDK how I’d recommend it…

Did I mention it in a prior conversation, and I’m drawing a blank?

Are you associating Checkmate with me, just to playfully diddle around and make me say “Huh?”

Because if so, that’s totally cool. :sunglasses: :superman_hv_3:

5 Likes

Hey buddy! That’s the ONLY answer. :sunglasses: THE Capo. :purple_heart:

@capo-mage :eyes: Exactly. Feel a little like I’m missing something, but it’s still really good! Then again, I’m a junkie for Greg Rucka :speak_no_evil:

Like this scene! I’m happy to see Babs :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: he writes female characters really well, but I also think I may have read too quickly or something :laughing:, because I feel like there’s a missing piece.

8 Likes

You did! We were talking about Greg Rucka…this was way back last spring when I was trying to plan a… :eyes: thing. :shushing_face:

Next. (I’m here to do some reviews too :nerd_face:)

Suicide Squad 38
Not only do we get some info on Bronze Tiger, but another important thing happens in this issue…

I can only imagine what it was like to be reading this in real time - to know she was back and not just being tossed aside.

8 Likes

pulls out his box of “Greg Rucka fan, and proud of it!” t-shirts

What size do you need, @Razzzcat? They’re free, super-comfy and the quality kicks ass.

sits back and has a flashback, Late Show with David Letterman-style

Oh, yes…now I remember.

I thought you were talking about Bendis’ Checkmate recently, and not Rucka’s, so that explains my confusion.

“Basically.”, as Ash would say.

5 Likes

@Vroom whatever ya got! I can modify anything and make it work! :wink::purple_heart:

8 Likes

slides box over

Take what you need, Skip.

tugs on his shirt that features Jenny Frison’s Lois Lane #1 variant

It’s a good-lookin’ shirt, if I may say so. I’d have Greg Rucka sign it, but a guy saying “Could you sign my shirt, please?” might just weird him out, and I do not want to weird out one of my favorite comic writers (DC or otherwise).

4 Likes

Yeah I totally hear ya’. I tried to keep up with the whole; black knights rook etc. etc. thing. Then I just started reading it & ignoring all of that lol. I’m a sucker for Rucka too, big time. He always makes it work regardless!!! I will finish that series someday…!!

4 Likes