Harley’s Crew | Book Club 30 | Injustice: Ground Zero 1-12

Welcome, everybody, to Injustice, as seen through the eyes of our charmingly unpredictable, #1 lady (& hero in a strange new world), :diamonds::harley_hv_1: :boom: Harley Quinn…

On her own for the first time, w/ her own identity, her own gang and a new sense of purpose, Harley finds herself on the frontlines, as part of a resistance in a war against the now brutal dictator, Superman.

:open_book: Injustice: Ground Zero 1-12

We’ll take the first 2 weeks to read (11/8-11/21), then discuss during weeks 3 & 4 (11/22- 12/5): Did you enjoy them? Have you read them before? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything about the the reading you’d like to discuss—Drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :diamonds::black_heart: See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

7 Likes

Ps. For anyone unfamiliar:

:rotating_light: We’ve also got another issue of HQAS: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour available in the DCUI library—our discussion can be found right :arrow_right: HERE. :harleyquinn_hqas: :poisonivy_hqas:

6 Likes

I have read this! Loved it! This may be my favorite version of Harley ever! I can’t wait to rant about it in a few weeks!

5 Likes

Its one of my fave Harley’s too, @Jurisdiction. Definitely look forward to talking about it and reading what you thought! :raised_hands: You can fire when ready tho—you don’t have to wait. Harls would want it that way :wink: :diamonds:

5 Likes

While I’m here:
:face_with_monocle: It has come to my attention that I missed the B-Day of faithful Cobb Squad & Crew member, Sir @capo-manger!!

:birthday::purple_heart: :hugs: Hope you had a great day, Capo! :clinking_glasses: To many more.

7 Likes

Oh no, happy belated bee-day, @capo-manger!

5 Likes

Awww, a little beeee! :hugs:

I feel a bit like this for missing my DC-Brother’s birthday. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I just want to rant!!!

lol

5 Likes

You know… you make some fair points. That being said, Harley went down a heroic path with Batman in Injustice, and I really don’t want to piss off the bat-■■■■■■, y’know?

4 Likes

@Jurisdiction :raised_hands: Rant away—I’m ready!!

6 Likes

Ty sooo much @Razzzcat & @Mae I love you “guys”!!! Sorry I’m belated on my belated wishes lol. I took a break from online & needed a week of nothing but music. Just working my way from the bottom up on messages. I appreciate it, you & the Cobb squad are 𝕬𝖂𝕰𝕾𝕺𝕸𝕰!!! :green_heart::white_heart::heart::it:…….

5 Likes

Yes, yes. Loved it, loved it, still loved it. Have I mentioned I loved it?

Gary, Larry, and all the “arrys” made me laugh every time, especially when Harley learned it wasn’t their real names lol.

I loved that we learned that Harley and Ivy were actually a couple throughout the Injustice storyline!

Also, best team name ever is drum roll please “Harley Horde”!

5 Likes

:hugs:

5 Likes

@Jurisdiction. I really enjoy all if those things too. Harley struggling like always to see Mr.J for what he is, but also having the real-deal w/ Ivy all along and running her own crew. Plus, with the right writers, Harls is just fun. :diamonds:

Also got to give a shout out to this Man Bat scene…

And this is one of my fave panels from this issue:

6 Likes

We love you too @capo-mage! Breaks are very necessary, and being alone with some tunes is a great way to spend time. :green_heart: I have NO idea how you add the rad fonts btw…but I heart them. :smile: Thank you.

7 Likes

Haha ty @Razzzcat I actually saw someone (I would say who, but they change their name almost on a daily basis so idk who they are today) using them on here & someone asked- “how are u doing that?”- she (I’m 99.9% sure it’s she, 100% but just in case cuz of human error) told us where to get it. We both did. I believe it was on middle names in DC comics? I’ll check it out & see if I can find it?

6 Likes

𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒑𝒑 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑭𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝒌𝒆𝒚𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒔. 𝑰 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒍

Found it. Wasn’t the person I thought. It was @OracleB . Ty @OracleB!!!

5 Likes

I liked 'em a lot. First time reader of the series, or any Injustice for the most part. I may have read a few issues of the main series, but while I know the overarching story, this was first big dip. I really enjoyed seeing a version of Harley that was doing good, but got thrown the monkey wrench of the alternate Joker. I mean “Prime-Harley” ditched the Joker quite a while ago so she doesn’t have the same feelings that this Harley does, especially since her Joker is dead. Good stuff and if and when I have the time, I’m planning to finish the series and maybe read some of the other Injustice books.

6 Likes

:eyes: Tell me your secret @capo-mage!!!

8 Likes

Awesome, I’m really glad you’re enjoying it @chintzybeatnik! :smile: This one is my fave from Injustice, I think—great story for Harley too. Yr 1&2 are pretty good as well! I hope you come by when we wrap this one and let us know whatcha thought! On any of them, if you get a chance to check them out! :purple_heart: And thanx for coming by!

Let’s me just add a couple more things while I’m here…

:face_with_monocle: Thank you, Dr. Isley. I concur!

Tricking Shazam, was very Harley. It’s why she should NEVER be underestimated as an opponent. In addition to smashing and sploding stuff, she is skilled w/ disarming people, and all level of mind games—both a hammer an scalpel. :diamonds:And if you don’t believe it…she’ll beat you, every time. :nail_care: The end.

This is just a great panel.

8 Likes