Harley Quinn: The Animated Series: Legion of Bats! | Book Discussion

:00_harlivy: Our ladies are off on another adventure, everybody—fresh out of Season 3! You know the drill: Fasten your seatbelts and keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle! :boom: :harleyquinn_hqas: :poisonivy_hqas:

When last we checked in with Harley, she ate, she banged, she killed, but now it’s time for something a little different. Harley has found herself a part of a highly unlikely team: the Bat-Family! Meanwhile, Poison Ivy has found herself prepping for her new job—leader of the Legion of Doom! But while Harley and Ivy adjust to their new roles, a ghost from Ivy’s past enters the fray and threatens their relationship!

:boom: Reading begins NOW.

:boom: Discussion: Please try to blur spoilers.

Did you enjoy it? What do you hope will happen next? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? Anything about the the reading or show you’d like to discuss—Drop your thoughts below when you’re ready. :diamonds::rose: See ya soon!

:harleys_crew: You can join or learn more about Harley’s Crew HERE.

17 Likes

:rotating_light: This is on the first page: “Mature Readers”.

And, this :point_down:

ICYMI: (Link to our :arrow_right: HQAS: Eat. Bang! Kill Tour discussion) and this new special! :books:

11 Likes

And here’s some variants! :purple_heart:

11 Likes

:purple_heart:

3 Likes

OMG- he’s still after Todd. :laughing: :banehappyhqtas: :cup_with_straw:

My gurrrlll snappin’ selfies and posting clips to Gotham Tick Tock. :smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

9 Likes

The Gardiner has the single Fastest introduction into a second universe i think I have ever seen.
:thinking: I wonder where Catwoman is.

10 Likes

I enjoyed it, looking forward to the next issue. I’ve liked the animated series comics so far.

7 Likes

So glad to see another comic from this universe! Tee Franklin just understands these versions of the characters so well to the point where I’m surprised she’s not an actual writer on the show. It’s absolutely hilarious as usual and I like that they’re getting right into the conflicts of Harlivy going down pretty opposite career paths. I also loved the Ladies and Nonbinaries of Doom and really hope that carries over to the show. While I do miss Max Sarin on art, Shae Beagle is also a pretty good substitute, still accurately capturing the chaotic energy of the show, albeit a bit messier than Sarin

Probably my biggest problem w/ the opener is that Harley’s doing the cliche thing of lying about something big to create drama. It’s just a pretty worn out cliche and I know the show’s better than this, so I’m really hoping Harley at least makes good on her word and doesn’t wait too long to tell Ivy about joining the Batfam

I also noticed a mistake in the art where Harley has her usual bleached skin for a while, but when she gets in the shower, it apparently washes away

It’s a definite oversight on the colorist/editors to forget that this Harley also has fully bleached skin as opposed to just wearing makeup like her earlier iterations. Hopefully this can be corrected in future issues and/or the trade release

As for the Gardener reveal, I can’t say I’m super excited about it but I gotta keep an open mind. Aside from Miracle Molly, I just never really liked any of the big characters James Tynion introduced during his Batman run. But if there’s any continuity that can make a mostly forgettable character interesting, it’s this one, so I’m definitely curious to see how they handle her

So certainly not a perfect start, but I still mostly really enjoyed it and can’t wait to see what they bring next!

10 Likes

@Hiraeth SQUEEEEEEEE!!! :heart_eyes::hot_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::green_heart:

11 Likes

i read issue one ln
love the art, and look foward to reading more

7 Likes

i think it might be the lighting there.

9 Likes

I imagine she found a guy on Bumble to go down on her and make her moan: Oooooh, my hero :catwoman_hv_3::black_heart::full_moon_with_face:

7 Likes

I ask because Ivy and Harley are literally living in her penthouse right now.

6 Likes

And she’s probably living at her new “hero’s” place. :catwoman_hv_1::catwoman_hv_1::catwoman_hv_1:

6 Likes

Or she is living at Wayne Manor again.

7 Likes

Nah—they broke up. Remember? She stole Martha’s old necklace and off she went. :catwoman_hv_2:

5 Likes

She then put the pearls into Bruce’s jacket pocket and was wearing the tiara he got him. Time stamp 21:10 on the last episode.

9 Likes

:flushed:She did. I just imagine it would be Selina to pursue a relationship with another man who would be willing to…:taco::full_moon_with_face:

10 Likes

Yes she did. i could not get a screenshot of it though that’s why i put the timestime stamp.

7 Likes

I am really happy that we are getting mini “seasons” between the tv season of HQAS. The first comic of this series is a lot of fun. I am sort of hoping the storyline of Harley and the Bat Family runs its course through the comic but it was a lot of fun to see her run away before Batgirl could take that picture.

For years, I have heard Harley’s voice that was originally in Batman: TAS and more and more frequently, I am hearing Kaley Cuoco’s voice when I read Harley comics. That actually surprised me when I read a normal Harley comic, not an HQAS series comic.

Anywho, this is a fun series and I can’t wait for the next issue!

10 Likes