Harley Quinn Show is so good

Poison Ivy had to break the both of them out of Arkham in the first episode. Then later she says she’s not a super villain, she’s an eco terrorist. I think she said that when she was on Tawny!

2 Likes

Yes, the “self-identify” remark, though the “terrorist” part doesn’t exactly make things better. That is her (very biased) perspective, and doesn’t exclude her just because she wants it to. Lex Luthor considers himself mankind’s savior. He’s still a supervillain. They can frame themselves in the most glowingly positive way, but their actions make them villainous. Lest we forget, Isely barely flinched when she discovered her plants killed the kid that was supposed to water them–and his parents.
Harley breaking out on her own more recently in this show, not quite getting that status yet, okay. But Ivy? She is a supervillain, regardless of her motives or personal identification.

1 Like

The show is a tongue in cheek spoof. Get over it man. Enjoy the ride and dont over think it.

6 Likes

This show is HILARIOUS! Especially if you watch it with friends. I’ve also gotten the impression that the show is kind of designed to be binge-watched and not watched one episode at a time (sorry DCU). Anyone else agree with me on this?

4 Likes

Very much so agree with you!

2 Likes

I think it’s really cute and I like it. I’m glad there was some fight scenes with batman.

1 Like

It felt very hit and miss at first but the writing is improving. Also didn’t think a show would ever get me to like Kite-man let alone ship him with Ivy.

2 Likes

The as charcuterie. Damien is ego centric, even in the comics add to tgat ego centricty and give him the desire for attention that a young person at that age can have. It works.

Ivy has always had a sense of being better than other people. Self-defining herself as an “eco-terrorist” and not a supervillain is her own delusion of grandeur, that she is somehow above other people. So the fact that she doesn’t care that her plant ate the kid, is funny. It’s so a supervillain move “but oh no, I’m not one of them.”

The Queen of Fables getting locked inside a book isn’t the message and what makes it funny. It’s the fact that she got licked in the tax code book and is relegated to working a normal boring 9-5 office job, is what makes that funny. That’s what’s worse than being locked in Arkham.

I actually find a lot of intelligence behind the writing. Which I wasn’t anticipating. It isn’t the Dr. Psycho’s use of the “c” word that is funny. It’s Wonder Woman’s reaction that makes that funny. “Trying to kill me is one thing but use the “c” word…you just crossed a line that you can’t uncross“. That is funny.

4 Likes

I’ve watched what episodes have released multiple times! It’s great! Every character is hilarious! Ivy the eco-terrorist has never been cooler! And the running “Batman/Bat infatuation” joke is funny every time! Hahahaha! it’s just a great show!

3 Likes

I love it. But my girlfriend loves it more. She howls with laughter and I’m often concerned I should need to employ a diaper policy every friday night.

3 Likes

I have really enjoyed it, it seems to get better every episode. Has some minor issues with me, things like I for some reason hate the Penguin’s character design, and as a fan of the New 52 and Rebirth Harley Quinn not thrilled only Sy Borgman is being used from that great stable of supporting characters, and as Ivy’s landlord?

But the good far outweighs the nitpicks and it gets me laughing out loud every time, which a lot of shows can’t do.

6 Likes

Agreed, it’s one of the best shows. I re-watch it all the time and episode 4 always gets me laughing out loud its just so SCANDALOUS!

4 Likes

I like the series so far. For all those people saying its wrong adaptation of the character or its not like how its supposed to be, that is the point. This is a comedic parody take of each character. This is a series that doesn’t take itself too seriously. If you want a more serious adaptation of Harley Quinn or any batman characters I would suggest going to watch batman the animated series or the new adventures of batman on this app. Yes that has some humor too, but it has a more grounded take to characters. Also forgot to mention, but this isn’t a series for small children or children not accustomed to foul humor, adult themes, and some expletives here and there. So if your offended b/c of that why let them watch show to begin with? This is TV MA not a kids cartoon.
And although this is somewhat a parody or comedic take on Harley and Dc villains in general, I think the comic stuff it does mention or bring up it does well. Harleys antics, behavior, and story sort of mimics comics. Ivy can still control plants like she can in comics, clay face is still an actor like he was in comics and can change form. So its not like we are watching complete comedy with things being totally unoriginal. Besides where else are we going to get limelight on rogues like Dr. Psycho, kite man, cy borgman lesser known villains that would probably get buried in obscurity or not mentioned if this show didn’t bring them to light.

6 Likes

It’s really is great! It has me laughing at every joke :harley_hv_7: before it came out (based off the trailer) I thought it wouldn’t be for me but it’s since proven me wrong! I’m excited for the next episodes

4 Likes

So far this is the only DCU original I have enjoyed. All the thumbs up :+1:t4: :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

4 Likes

Ya I really like it. It’s got some quality writing. Clayface as drama nerd is great. Bane voice work is hilarious. Ivy is sort of grounds things.

2 Likes

I love this show. It reminds me of Saturday morning kids cartoons but with adult humor. This is the first thing with Harley Quinn I have really liked. I hope it gets a second season.

4 Likes

I wasn’t a huge fan of the first episode but now it is becoming one of my favorite things. I love Clayface on this show.

4 Likes

Love the show. I wasn’t sure about Kaley Cuoco voicing Harley at first because I identified Harley’s voice as Arleen Sorkin in Batman the Animated Series but now that I’ve got to hear Cuoco do it I think she’s doing a great job.

5 Likes

Absolutely love this show please keep this going DC.

4 Likes