Harley Quinn Show is so good

Seriously. Show is a great mix of humor, action and DC lore. I can’t get enough of it. Can we make a petition to get hour long episodes? Lol. DC universe has a sure fire hit here.

37 Likes

It’s a masterclass of a show, it has me busting out laughing at every turn.

12 Likes

Episode 4 in particular was great! I think the show has really hit its stride. So so funny!

16 Likes

Agreed!!!

7 Likes

What does everyone think of the new Harley Quinn tv show. I personally like it as it is both violent and dumbed down at the same time.

7 Likes

The Superman sushi joke was hilarious as was Harley and Robin’s reaction. Also, I got a kick out of the $7.99 jokes.

13 Likes

One billion percent agree. This show is amazing.
Ron Funches as King Shark is blowing my mind.

10 Likes

I was less than thrilled with the first episode, but it has definitely grown on me. I think the 1st episode felt like they were dropping f-bombs just to do it and it was too much. The rest have seemed less forced.

6 Likes

Ugghh! I hate that I have to wait until the new year to renew my DCU subscription. I keep hearing such wonderful things about Harley Quinn and want to watch it. :cry:

7 Likes

I’m in the same boat. The first episode didn’t grab me like I thought it would, but every week I’m finding more and more things to like about this show. Harley’s expanding crew is becoming my favorite next to Ivy.

5 Likes

Dr. Psycho and Wonder Woman really helped, being that Wonder Woman is my absolute favorite character and her rogues are never given the credit they deserve. Psycho is not presented in the best light obviously (misogynistic and bumbling), but it shows that there are good villains that can be used. But, the bar mitzvah episode was pretty darn funny…

9 Likes

It’s called comedy and that is why he sounds like that. No one looks good on the show in actuality…

4 Likes

Waiting to see how each character is going to be portrayed is the main reason that I watch this show. All of the characters have been hilariously awesome but Roin has been the best one yet. Got to give it up to the writers on this one, it keeps climbing my list of favorite shows.

5 Likes

So. I admit that out of context (despite also saying “or at least reconsider”) my previous comment may have seemed harsh. I apologize for that in the sense that my problem with the show is very likely not because of just one person. I still very much dislike that Damian (as Robin) is portrayed as nothing short of an infantile brat. Sure, the character is headstrong and stubborn, but, the kid EARNED his way in the comics, but for the sake of…whatever the reason really is…the show is stuck with this insult to a fairly rounded character. Anyone of you who enjoy the show AND read the comics can probably understand why another fan would be frustrated to see this happen. For those who know Deadpool, I’ll make one reference—“Deadpool” in Wolverine: Origins.

I personally thought them giving Damian that child’s voice was one of the funniest things about this new episode, and that’s not to down the rest of it. The jokes that they’re able to make using the extended ensemble of characters is perfect. I think that’s what the first episode lacked. I can’t wait to see where this goes.

6 Likes

I’m unimpressed with it. Yes, the animation is good, and I have no real problem with the voice cast. Lake Bell as Ivy feels off, but not horrible.
But the show doesn’t feel like it actually has its own identity, unless you count “it’s uncensored Venture Brothers, but with DC characters” as an identity. It’s never gotten me laughing out loud, or even so much as chuckling. The writing can be sharp, but can also be very juvenile, whether likening arching of heroes and villains to romances (something I personally find tiresome) or the overuse of f-bombs, which admittedly has declined since the premiere.

There are times where it feels like it’s trying to make a point about, for example, how women are treated in the workplace, but not all of its examples hit the mark the way it seems they want. Queen of Fables claims it was unfair for her to be trapped in a tax code book, because “if she were a man”, she’d have gone to Arkham. Something she says to Harley, one of two women in the show who regularly get sent to Arkham. Just because it’s a comedy doesn’t mean it doesn’t need to make sense, especially when it’s clear they’re trying to make a point.

I wouldn’t call it a bad show, or poorly made. Just kind of–there. Though I’ll admit when something strives so hard to get that R rating–“cuz we so adult ‘n’ stuff!!!”–I usually find myself underwhelmed by the result.

1 Like

Bat Shark Repellent

5 Likes

Ambitious and fun to watch

5 Likes

To me, the Queen of Fables made the jump to super villain, which Harley has not. Which is why she didn’t get sent to Arkham. That was kind of the point of the whole episode, trying to be more accomplished than they want you to be, and you get a real punishment. If you’re operating within the expectations they have of you, right to Arkham so you can get out and do it again.

5 Likes

Maybe–but you still have Ivy. She definitely qualifies as a super villain, no?

1 Like