Harley Quinn Season 2 Relationships

Ew is right. @susiemike2007.32953. Ivy’d sooner kill Joker dead dead dead than EVER let him touch her or Harls ever again. Harls & Ivy are too long in the making. Endgame=Harls/Ivy :purple_heart: Kites is a newby—one I enjoy, but am not invested in.

7 Likes

Ivy and Kite. They are great together.
Harley and Ive are great as they are

I’m not saying it wouldn’t work the other way, but I would put I+K among the top 5% relationships in DC. Just based on statistics I wouldn’t change it.

3 Likes

I’ve been inspired to mosey back over here by a certain weekly pen pal of mine (Talkin’ ‘bout you 88 Keys​:notes: Hi!).
I’m here to remind everyone of the both brilliant and devious way Ep9 has been marketed for this week.
That’s right—THESE TWO :point_down:t3:

Something DC has been dancing around for almost 3 decades. So. One more time for the cheap seats in the back: End :clap: Game :clap:
Ps. Polyamory is exhausted and exploitative.

6 Likes

I know this show may be seen by some as just a frivolous little cartoon comedy, but it’s got some serious layering that should not go w/o praise. In my book they’re crushing it on the relationship front—ALL the relationships! Friends, lovers, daughters, sons, co-workers, etc. A+

Maybe something like this, @MissInkBlot? Eh?? Certainly more inclusive—hopefully less biased. I might sound aggro sometimes, but: No pressure. (My apologies for that, btw.)

5 Likes

Yeah. Also, if I saw them get together, I would stop watching the show entirely.

I really enjoy Harlivy as friends. I’m indifferent to any romantic entanglement. I was on the Ivy/Kiteman train, but I don’t think it will last. I’d like to see some Batman/Catwoman in this universe.

I’m still holding out hope for Harley/Dr. Psycho one night stand. The fall out would be hilarious. And the insults they could throw back and forth to each other about it could be a hoot.

1 Like

Happy Pride Month Everyone! Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. Abso-lutely! The way Harley described how could their lives be… come on who wouldn’t fall in love with going round the world, saving the planet, hanging around with Amazons and partying?

4 Likes

I just don’t think Ivy would ever remotely consider an honest relationship with a man. Not to trash the HQ show of course, but a lot of her behavior in that show with regards to this issue just doesn’t fit into my mental picture of “Who is Poison Ivy”.

4 Likes

I don’t understand how so many can’t see the intimate tension between Harley and Ivy (even in season 1). I noticed it immediately, especially with Ivy (even before I knew the creators were planning on pursuing something between them). I’ve noticed many seem to prefer a polyamorous relationship with them. I actually prefer them to have a monogamous relationship. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

For this series I’ve always saw Harley & Ivy as sisterly best friends and I’ve also been liking Ivy’s romantic relationship with Kiteman so far. See Harley & Ivy NEVER should’ve kissed in the first place when they got out of Bane’s pit, now they’re having these awkward problems, that’s why I say they should’ve just stayed sisterly best friends cause that was really good enough for them in THIS series!

1 Like

Something I’ve noticed on the DC Universe’s Harley Quinn FB group page… Regarding the comments from those who say they prefer Ivy/Kite Man and that Harley and Ivy’s attraction for each other seems “random”… I’ve noticed that most of those comments are made by men (most of which seem to be heterosexual based on their profile’s “Interested In”). Yeah, I snooped. :laughing: But I wanted to test my theory that the majority of those who prefer Ivy/Kite Man are heterosexual men (which is fine; I get it).

While I know that there are heterosexual male fans rooting for Harley/Ivy (who have also sensed the intimate undercurrent of tension between them), I also know that there are many male fans who feel the opposite. And I think it’s because 1. They often don’t recognize something that doesn’t apply to their personal life experiences (LGBT struggles), and 2. They’re too focused on their preference for Ivy/Kite Man because it appeals to them more. So many people aren’t aware that what they consider as “sisterly love” between Harley and Ivy often looks very similar to unresolved romantic feelings between friends. It’s extremely common for people to develop feelings for their best friend.

I’ve also noticed a pattern with fans that prefer Ivy/Kite Man because “Kite Man is such a nice guy”. Well, of course he is. But we can’t forget that he basically pestered Ivy into dating/marrying him. Yeah, there’s definitely something endearing about his efforts and loyalty. But (in my opinion) he’s a simple-minded character that acts as if Ivy is someone who doesn’t know what she truly wants and that if he just keeps bugging her about giving him a chance, maybe she will finally come around. And while she did eventually give in, it seems to me that she just likes that someone with some level of dating potential/stability is interested in her; like she’s drawn to feeling desired and secure. And it’s not surprising considering the fact that she has abandonment issues because of the people who have betrayed her throughout her life.

I think the creators are using Kite Man as a way to create a very realistic struggle; so that if Ivy chooses to be with Harley despite feeling awkward/afraid/obligated/ashamed, it would prove that she truly wants Harley.

That’s just my perspective.

7 Likes

I’m a fan of :poison_eyebrowhqtas: and :harley_thinkhqtas: and I think it’s basically guaranteed to happen at this point but my goodness Ivy’s taking it to far with Kiteman. I bet they are going to break up at the worst possible time like on their wedding. I’m going to feel so bad for Kitman. He has been so supportive of the two and I think they’re about to royally break his heart.

1 Like

I think I prefer Harley and Ivy’s relationship to develop a bit more slowly and create a few more challenges along the way (that way it’ll seem more genuine to those who can’t see the intimate tension between them). I’d like to see a bit more angst and the deeper emotions of how they feel about each other and their vulnerabilities (especially Ivy’s since we’ve already seen a lot of Harley’s unresolved emotions).

2 Likes

Plot twist… Harley and Kite Man realize they actually loved each other all along!

Sorry… couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

@Hiraeth can’t add anything to that. :face_with_monocle:
(This is part of what I was talking about, @Mae :wave: hi btw)

I like his character, sure, but NOT for her. The writers of this show are fully capable of giving Kiteman an even better story. I’m a little surprised people don’t want more for him, tbh. :thinking:

2 Likes

On a lighter note: #NEVERFORGET!!!

4 Likes

Honestly, I would love to see more depth into how ivy feels towards Harley at this point.

Its clear that they are going to be a couple soon but we haven’t seen ivy side of things at all really besides hints in season one.

Harley just can’t be the only one pouring out feelings, unless more heartbreak is in order which mine turned to pure powder last episode

5 Likes

Open relationship with both

I see and I agree with everything @Hiraeth said. I also wonder how straight women view their relationship. To me, the Harley & Ivy relationship makes sense and feels natural, but I’m looking at it from a queer perspective.

3 Likes