Harley Quinn S2, E7 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I have so many thoughts about this episode that I’ll post later but the short version is:

I loved everything and everyone in this episode 10/10

13 Likes

Ah yes, TGIF with Harley. To think we only get 6 more of these … unless DC decides to renew (and I sure hope they do!)

• So many Perry Mason moments available, but skipped in lieu of getting to the verdict
  • Where were all the supporting witnesses like Frank The Plant and Harley’s crew just totally MIA
  • I liked The Pit for “criminally capable”
  • Gordon and Batgirl subplot? A little dull in the beginning, but boy did it pick up when Two Face and his goons attacked!
  • Ratcatcher could have been a cooler villain, wish there was more of him and those rats uprising and less Gordon sulking and drinking
  • Batgirl is missing the “it” factor for me, I can’t put my finger on what she needs, but not digging her
  • Harley’s incomprehensible shrieking bat defense attorney?!? Priceless humor! NOT GUILTY
  • I could have watched an entire episode of bad stand-up in The Pit mixed with Harley’s trial
  • Yeah, yeah, we all knew it was coming – the kiss – OK timing I suppose but would have held more dramatic punch if Kite Man was nearby to see it and react … maybe we’ll get that in a future episode? This does finally open all kinds of future story possibilities and curious where they take this …

All in all, a good, mostly entertaining episode, not great. Sort of middle of the road for me. 3/5

9 Likes

They finally did it I have been waiting for so long now the only problem is that Ivy’s cheating

9 Likes

Finally got to see Gordon get out of his funk and become a good cop again. Is Bane now dead or will he show up again? Ivy made some deep truths about the pit and life. After that ending I can’t wait to see what happens next week.

13 Likes

Think he just got unplugged and fell back into The Pit. Bane is too big to die from a fall, they’d find a much more dramatic way to kill him off if that was their intention. And they shouldn’t kill him anyway, he’s comedy gold lol

20 Likes

I want/need this motivational poster!

40 Likes

The halfway point of season 2.
-Man-bat as the public defender was funny. Bane’s line about speaking Bat reminded me of a video I watched satirizing the Joker’s interrogation in the Dark Knight.
-While we’re on the subject, the pit from the Dark Knight Rises reference was also funny, as was the Pena Dura reference.
-George Lopez Johnny Cashing it was amusing.
-The running joke about Jim Gordon being run down by Gotham is starting to pay off.
-That’s the last of the Injustice League. Where does it go from here?

7 Likes

This episode was soooooooo good throughout. I just love how much detail they put into everything.

Ivy’s very monologue was very moving and it brought tears to my eyes. I’ve felt this way before. I’m sure most of us have felt like that at some point.

I agree with @TaimurDar, I saw that poster and thought: I hope they make this poster and when they do, I WANT ONE!

Then THE ENDING!! Holy crap!! What a cliffhanger. I don’t know what to think. I mean, I would love it if Harley and Ivy were to get together (yay for more LGBT representation :rainbow_flag:)… but Kite Man and Ivy are soooooooooo cute together… AND THEY’RE ABOUT TO GET MARRIED :sob:

Was it just an adrenaline thing? Is Ivy going to tell Kite Man or keep it a secret? What will he think? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

16 Likes

Today I got Catdora canon and this finally. I love today.

Anyways, this was great. The jokes were hilarious. Gordon and George Lopez were the highlights and ManBat trying his best.

But like, THE KISS. AHHHH this is gonna be exciting to see

8 Likes

Bane better not be dead all I got to say

4 Likes

this was a very good episode! the humor was great and there was a lot of heart in it as well with Ivy’s speech and the relationship between Gordon and his daughter. And honestly with Kiteman being engaged to Ivy, how she actually really loves him and how popular he’s become with the fanbase, I was beginning to think that just maybe Harley and Ivy weren’t gonna get together after all, because i felt like we were expecting it, but the show threw us a curveball with Kiteman and when you think Ivy has found her someone, they throw another curveball with her kissing Harley. I can’t wait to see what happens next!

8 Likes

GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDD D*MN IT!!!
(As Bane would say)

Y’all made em kiss… Flips Table

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(Also as Bane would say)

Blaslasbalbabsalba
(As Bane said when Harley ripped out his Venom Lines)

I’m Annoyed -they went that route-. saddened -for KIvy-, and slightly happy. GOD.
:banehappyhqtas:

“Yay Gordon is Badass”

Great episode, Nice Lopez Cameo, funny and heartfelt as usual.

5 Likes

Bane better not be dead. he was a Fair Judge.

and if I’m losing KIvy, I need Bane. NEED

#MileHighKiteClub

13 Likes

Hmmm… So Ivy’s relationship will either become a bisex/polyamorous husband & girlfriend thing or this might be the end of kite mans good feeling days. I don’t want to contemplate what the third option would be.

7 Likes

Hell yes! Lol

4 Likes

Well I hope Harley & Ivy shippers are happy now IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! I wish it hadn’t happened though cause they’ve been like SISTERS in their friendship and that’s been fine enough :unamused: although then again this could be a bisexual relationship sorta like a GIA thing between them :heart_eyes:If anyone saw that movie you’ll get what I’m talking about! :smirk: :laughing:

5 Likes

I don’t know where to start, this episode was everything from beginning to end. So much character development from so many different directions.

The batgirl and Jim Gordon subplot was a little slow for me at first but then as we got closer to the end it picked up and I found myself going “■■■■ yeah Jim Gordon you are a damn good cop” several times. it was really nice to see batgirl reveal herself to him to help motivate him and watching Jim finally overcome his depression and take back the police department.

Harley in this episode was everything that I needed from her and wanted from her. I am in the corner of Harley and Ivy basically being soulmates however my problem with Harley has always been that she can be extremely selfish and disregarding of other peoples feelings so I was of the mindset “I want you and Ivy together but Harley I’m going to need you to do better.” And what I needed from her was for her to start doing more for Ivy like Ivy is always doing for Harley and she not only acknowledged that that’s always been the case for them(that Ivy is always coming to her rescue) but she acts on it more than once. From the start of the season she was already starting to show improvement in that area by considering Ivy‘s feelings more but this episode really brought all of that to a head and I was like a proud mama. I even teared up when Harley made the decision to let go and basically surrender into death so that Ivy could get out and get married not just because of the act itself but because it meant my girl finally learned, she finally gets it, she understands what love is. In the whole episode Harley keeps trying to do for Ivy, trying to ensure that she gets out, and Ivy just won’t let her do it. These two are each other’s ride or die I swear.

And then Ivy on stage trying to be funny and then talking about the emotional pit she was in, this woman never fails to put me in my feelings:

Ivy: I’ve got friends

Me: (tearing up)Yes you do!

Ivy: I have a fiancé

Me:…yes…you…do. I still feel funny about that and disagree with your choice of partner. But if you’re happy right now I’m happy for you girl.

Bane Bane Bane. I love this guy so much. The kind and caring warden who’s into tidiness and just wants everyone to be their best selves and be rehabilitated. I already liked Bane, now I really love him.

“ I’m working on my ■■■■!” Lol

And small thing but I bust out laughing in the middle of crying when Harley let go of Ivy and Harley pulled Banes cord. And you just see and hear Bane gurgling all the way down lol.

And of course the kiss. Even though I knew it was gonna happen when it finally did I still said “WOAH”. I like how it happened, it felt natural. And the way it happened in my opinion felt like it was something that was building up all along inside of them, it was just going to take a strong emotional jerk to really bring it out. It felt like an explosion. Because my stance for them was that they were already in a relationship they just don’t know that they are, they’re totally oblivious and ignorant to the depth of what they feel for each other so it would take something powerful to help push it along. And I like how afterwords they just look at each other and there’s this awkward silence that kind of asks the question “did we just…” as if there was this revelation like “oh ■■■■”

I have no idea what’s gonna happen now, I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. We’re halfway through the season and joker is still for sure making a comeback, no idea where everything is going to go, but now I’m even more intrigued and excited. Things are literally heating up.

10 Likes

So glad we finally got the more-than-friends dynamic in this incarnation.
Kinda wish it happened sooner though, probably would have felt more organic in the season one finale.

3 Likes

I feel similar about Batgirl.

2 Likes

I am now hoping for a Jim Gordon series.

3 Likes