HARLEY QUINN S1, E8 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

After a successful heist from Atlantis, it finally happened! The envelope Harley and the Crew have been waiting for has arrived - an invitation to the Legion of Doom’s prospective member party!! Ivy, on the other hand, is mighty suspicious of this invite and, after a hushed conversation with Lex Luthor, it seems she is right - things are not completely what they seem. And speaking of things not being what they seem, that’s a pretty amazing secret Sy is hiding in the basement!

If you haven’t watched episode 8 yet, make sure you do then come back here and let us know what you thought!

7 Likes

Poor Ivy. :frowning:

Joker and Lex Luthor are a-holes!

5 Likes

I end up loving this show more and more after every episode!

Harley and Ivy have pretty great character arcs this season. I loved seeing Harley and her crew finally get the recognition and validation they’ve been seeking. Aquaman is hilarious.

Only character I’m not really feeling is Sy Borgman.

7 Likes

Harley’s finally in the LOD. Enjoyed KGBeast’s reaction to his snub of not getting in the LOD. I really thought Harley was going to message Ivy after Sid and his sister mended their relationship. Wonder what Joker has in store for Harley in the next episode.

3 Likes

DlD SOMEBODY ASK FOR KELP

12 Likes

Great episode! Lots of funny moments, and emotional ones…

• “That’s not what she said” -Aquaman, just the classiest
  • “What did that dolphin say about me?!”
  • You’re part of the crew Ivy, stop denying it
  • I have so many questions about King Shark’s family and want to meet his mom
  • Harley knows how to psychologically manipulate her friends
  • “You’re free to eat him” “eeeee!!!”
  • Lex has got the manipulation down too
  • Aw Ivy you care about Harley so much
  • Wow Ivy defends Kiteman in public…
  • “You know they have names!”
  • Oh Lex you’re sneaky…
  • Did not yet get Harley figuring out about Ivy and Kiteman, keep pushing it off I see what you’re doing DC
7 Likes

Enjoyed seeing Aquaman and his cute dolphin friend. Seemed like this episode is setting up the third act of the first season with multiple unresolved conflicts and the ending and while it had some funny jokes it was more middle of the road for me compared to the other episodes. Still entertaining. 3.5/5 stars.

2 Likes

Definitely one of the best episodes so far. King Shark was the funniest part of the show like he always is but Bane is growing on me. Loved when he started stomping the fish in front of Aquaman, like a true villain.

6 Likes

Ivy was willing to wear a jumpsuit that said “YASS” on it. That’s real love right there.

17 Likes

Being apart of the LOD really means so much to Harley and poor Ivy she just cares so much. I honestly thought she would consider joining the LOD just so Harley could get her wish. When Ivy was telling her that she and her can go off and do their own thing as Harley and Ivy I was like “yes do that! You don’t need the girl!” And I just knew Lex was going to change up and give it to Harley because he knew Ivy would tell Harley the truth thus giving him room to sabotage their friendship that was just so…evil!

And Harley and Ivy’s fight was heartbreaking and slightly funny with the whole “you know they have names!”

Now that Harley is in the LOD this all just feels like one big setup to humiliate Harley and I hope she comes out of it

6 Likes

Phil LaMarr as Black Manta! Think he’s the only person who’s voiced both Aquaman and Black Manta in two different DC projects.

9 Likes

It’s totally to humiliate Harley and to intentionally damage her friendship with Ivy.

As I stated:

Joker and Luthor are a-holes.

6 Likes

Forgot to mention I found the Kiteman Ivy scene really sweet. I didn’t expect Kiteman to be a generally nice guy, I hope him and Bane get more screen time together.

5 Likes

Yep one complete setup by the Joker to isolate Harley from Ivy so she’ll come back to him thus proving his point that she’ll always come back and that she’s nothing but a sidekick

5 Likes

I wanna see the YASS QUEEN jumpsuits

9 Likes

Being an Aquaman fan, I was borderline scared to see how the show would portray Arthur. At least he wasn’t completely helpless haha. They’ve done an excellent job of weaving comedy into moments of character progression for Harley, her gang, and Ivy.

4 Likes

I usually list all the character appearances. This one was so jam packed I’ll just trust everyone watching noticed. Aquamans “that’s not what your mom said joke” complete with a high five from the dolphin was so great. Once again, imho, another great episode as this show continues to impress me.

6 Likes

I am already dreading and looking forward to the next episode at the same time. Because it’s going to be just so heartbreaking for Harley to find out that she didn’t actually get into LOD because she deserved it. In fact I think joker is going to reveal that the reason why she’s in the Legion of doom in the first place is because he pulled the strings and made it so, proving his point that she still needs him. And that’s gonna do a total number on her because she came such a long way from trying to separate herself from joker, getting a crew, and trying to get recognition and just stand out on her own just to have it all slapped in her face and being treated as a joke.

5 Likes

I almost spit out my drink when King Shark said the fish can kindly go…well…you know…

7 Likes

Why did the Golden Globes nominated The Martian for Best Comedy?

6 Likes