HARLEY QUINN S1, E5 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I will not say is a filler, yet… only if they ignore everything that happen here in the future episodes.

2 Likes

Awesome episode.
I should but I laughed hard at the Black Lightning’s Israeli cousin line. The way King Shark was just shirting everyone so casual was fun.
A nice and fun dive into the mind. Enjoyed seeing there roles in the crew develop. Clayface sacrifice himself and ever being happy he was alive was sweet. Enjoy CF having that heroic moment.
Also enjoy that there is a an evil lair realtor. Can’t wait to see that lair grow with a lot of new stuff.

3 Likes

LOVE KING SHARK!!! Lost it every time he chomped down on one of the little Harley’s :rofl::joy: this show has blown away my expectations and my girlfriend and I genuinely look forward to watching it every Friday.

5 Likes

So would that make building seven a Jewish bomb? You can’t lob one over the plate like that man someone’s gonna dog it. :joy:

1 Like

I’d say that a 9/11 joke is in utterly horrible taste, but it might just get you a job writing this show with its mid-2000s Adult Swim humor. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Agreed. I didn’t catch myself laughing much during this episode. So far the funniest one for me was Episode 2 but my favorite Episode is 4 because of how engaged into the story/characters I was. But yeah, even the least funniest episode still has a good focus on story/characters. If this show didn’t have an engaging story + characters then the jokes or situations that happen around those characters might not land as hard for me.

2 Likes

It’s especially funny when you consider Frankie Muniz didn’t become a household name until about 15, during the first season of Malcolm in the Middle. Harley just about made her own reality…and continues to do so to a certain extent.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think Ivy is purposely avoiding being officially part of Harley’s crew because she knows how co-dependent Harley is and since she just got out of an abusive relationship she needs to develop her own identity and come into her own. But yet at the same time Ivy has no problem coming to her rescue and being her ride or die. It’s clear she cares about her a lot, platonic, romantic, or whatever. Either way no matter what it is or may become it’s just nice to see Harley have such a great and loving support system.

4 Likes

I thought the villain lair realtor was funny and found it interesting and humorous to see what’s going in Harley’s mind. I liked how they showed her origin moment except for when she decided to change it. I’m someone who believes that past traumatic events make you who you are and are able to become a stronger person. What I got from that was that she was trying to basically erase her origin as Harley Quinn, say joker didn’t create her (even though he legitimately did in the comics), and just play off of her last doesn’t matter anymore.

Don’t let your past define you. It happened, learn from your mistakes and become a stronger person.

1 Like

It was interesting to see the inside of Harleys mind. A lot more F bombs this week. I’m not sure if it’s good to feel so much sympathy for villains lol

2 Likes

Five episodes in and still wanting more. Head and shoulders above other shows that crapped out after one or two episodes. Good stuff.

1 Like

A little withdrawal symptoms with no Frank the plant sighting! Inside Harley’s warped, wild mind was a lot of fun. 4 out of 5 stars.

3 Likes

I don’t think this episode was as funny as some of the others, but I still enjoyed it immensely. I mean, Frankie Muniz playing Frankie Muniz? That’s just … Malcom and the Middle flashbacks hit me so hard. I loved that show growing up. It’s pretty cool they got him just for this.

And gotta love the ride-or-die commitment happening here. I wouldn’t have pegged anyone else but Ivy being a support system for Harley, but they’re making it work with this rag tag group of characters. But I was with Ivy on not sending Psycho in there alone. Who knows what he would have done.

I hope Harley keeps reflecting on this little trip into her mind and this all wasn’t just for nothing. She really does need to come into her own and maybe not be so co-dependent.

(side note: totally laughed at Black Lightning’s Israeli cousin bit. So wrong, yet so right)

4 Likes

Ivy calling Harley “honey” :catwoman_hv_4:

5 Likes

I’m available!

1 Like

Yeah I just realized that on my second viewing of the episode. Where the hell is Frank? Here’s hoping he comes back.

4 Likes

Loved this episode so much King Shark is amazing and why didn’t Harley follow stripper rules :harley_hv_1:

4 Likes

Enjoyable episode. The “entering someone’s mind” plot is a frequently used one (when the setting allows for it), but it’s an old stand-by for a reason. I appreciated the fact that it emphasized that Harley had a choice every step of the way that led her here, and that she, therefore, has a choice now. She’ll never be able to let go of the Joker while she’s blaming him for everything in her life that she’s unhappy about. I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ll do with the abandoned shopping mall.

3 Likes

I found this episode to be the most underwhelming so far. I’ve greatly enjoyed every other episode, so that’s a pretty mild comparing, but it just felt okay to me. The plot and acting was fine, but the jokes didn’t land for me. The Cyborg old man wasn’t funny to me at all and he got a ton of screen time. Even apart from that, there just weren’t as many big laughs.

1 Like

Wow, I’m kinda surprised at the reactions I’m reading so far. To turn a phrase from Robin in Young Justice S1, everyone seems to simply be “whelmed” by this episode. Not a lot of people seem excited about it, but no one seems particularly disappointed either. Personally, I thought it was pretty good.

Sure, the whole “going into someone’s mind” plot isn’t exactly a new concept, but the show definitely made the plot its own and I had a lotta fun with it. Ron Funches as King Shark is hilarious! Plus, every time I hear his voice I think of Cooper on Trolls (which my 5 yr old loves watching) and it makes me giggle a little.

I laughed out loud when I heard the “don’t fin shame me” line. It was subtle, but very funny. The whole Frankie Muniz/restraining order joke was pretty hilarious too. “Oh, so that’s why I went to jail.” :harley_hv_7: great stuff

3 Likes