Harley Quinn: Ravenous | Book Discussion

I picked these up for my niece and nephew and they loved them. I’m going to give them a try, but I agree Harleen is a more nuanced telling of her story and I prefer it over Mad Love, which is still good. Just different.

8 Likes

Thats a good way of putting it, each tellin g can appeal to different kinds if people so its good to have variety, but good luck, i hope you like them!

8 Likes

Thanks, have a good one.

6 Likes

Harley Quinn: Redemption comes out this month. They released a chapter 1 excerpt here Harley Quinn: Redemption by Rachael Allen: 9780593429945 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

4 Likes

Yes! I’m been looking forward to this. I hope it comes out on audible too.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been waiting to pre order it on audible, but I’m guessing it’s not going up until the release date at this point.

3 Likes

Harley Quinn: Redemption came out this week, with no sign of the audio book. I haven’t been able to find any information on it and I’m hoping it’s only been delayed and not canceled.

Also, I missed this earlier but the author also left a nice message on the dc blog. Rachael Allen Shares an Excerpt From Her Latest YA Novel, “Harley Quinn: Redemption” | DC

One of the best parts of writing the Harley Quinn trilogy has been the support from Harley fans, most specifically Harlivy fans. I’ve had readers send me the nicest fan mail, artists share the most gorgeous art, and more people than I can count tell me how much it means to them to see Harley as a bisexual scientist. And it means a lot to me too. I care deeply about doing a good job for y’all. I think about how you’ll react when I make Harley pick up her mallet for the first time or what you’ll feel when Ivy smells like evergreen-juniper-holly in the winter but peaches and fresh-cut grass in the summer.

The truth is, I have never had so much fun writing books. And this last novel in the trilogy is my favorite yet, partly because it includes two of the most gruesome villains—a serial killer who murders his victims at tea parties (though forensic evidence suggests the victims actually killed each other), and a Dollmaker who performs horrific experiments, turning girls into playthings.

Then there’s the romance. I took my favorite love story tropes—a main character and a love interest who can’t kiss for Reasons and a character who will burn down the entire world to save the girl she loves (I’m looking at you, Ivy)—and I wove them into Harley and Ivy’s relationship.

But what I hear most from readers is a lot of you love Harley because you see pieces of yourself in her. I firmly believe that queer characters deserve epic love stories. Characters with ADHD and from low-income backgrounds deserve epic love stories. And yes, bisexual chaos monsters deserve epic love stories, too.

I hope you enjoy the final book in the Harley Quinn series. I hope you see yourself in its pages. And if you’re a Harlivy stan, I want you to know I wrote the Pride scene just for you.

I wrote it for all of us.

– Rachael Allen

4 Likes

The audio book for Redemption now has a release date of July 30th. I Already started on the e-book, but can’t wait to listen to it as well. https://www.audible.com/pd/B0D34J6TVR

3 Likes

Thank you for the update on that!

3 Likes