Harley Quinn in 6 Days

The critics love it. Cannot wait!!!

2 Likes

@PatsMom1980 The only people I’ve followed who mentioned or reviewed the show have both said they really loved it. Honestly the trailers didn’t appeal to me BUT given the high praise from both Bobatalks and Grace Randolph I’ll definitely take a look. I feel like Grace might be over hyping it considering ‘certain’ series she compared it to but who knows. If it’s as clever as she said at least it sounds like I’ll enjoy it very much.

2 Likes

Saw the pilot at SDCC this year and the audience went crazy.

2 Likes

Is there a synopsis for a episode 1 yet?

This is as close as I could find … Pulled from one of the many reviews available now (embargo lifted last Friday).

The primary goal of the show, or at least this episode, is to examine the relationship between Harley and Joker. Many fans treat the couple as #relationshipgoals, but even a cursory examination of their interactions over the years shows a pretty clear picture: Harley wants Joker a lot more than he wants her. And the episode goes about putting that idea to the test while poking fun at—but never making fun of—Batman’s world and the villains that fill it.

After Batman foils an attempt to rob a boat full of rich criminals, Harley ends up in Arkham, believing with absolute confidence that her man will come for her, break her out, and whisk her away. After a year of this, Harley’s friend Poison Ivy tires of Harley’s delusion and breaks her out to help her make a clean break from Mista J.
Throughout the episode, the show is constantly playing with Batman’s cast. Batman is as humorless as you’d expect. Poor Jim Gordon is nearly unhinged and prone to rant about anything, including all-inclusive resorts. Gordon feels like he was lifted straight from The Tick cartoon. In Arkham, meanwhile, we learn that Calendar Man has a wife and child and that while he can remember when Harley was put in Arkham down to the day, far more personal days elude his memory, Killer Croc, and even Man-Bat, all see Harley’s delusions for what they are.

Sorry, this may be more than you asked for but I’m excited.

2 Likes