Harley Quinn, Harley Quinn, Where to Begin?

I was in a store today and saw a whole bunch of graphic novels that I was thinking of buying, especially since I’ve been on a bit of a Harley Quinn kick since first watching the animated series. But I couldn’t decide just where to begin. Does anyone have advice on where I should start?

1 Like

Try the get to know section of the Comic Book area. That will help you get started with Harley’s comics. I hope you have fun with her comics. Heroes in Crisis is a recent miniseries that co-stars Harley Quinn. I’ve heard the Harleen Black Label book is really good.

2 Likes

YES!!!

Harleen is an EXCELLENT series as far as her origin goes.

If you like novels get Mad Love by Paul Dini & Pat Cadigan.

Injustice Ground Zero was good as well.

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy has just wrapped up and it was SUPER good, but you should really read Heroes In Crisis before reading that.

Other than that just jump right into her solo series here in DCUniverse!!! It’s super silly…but…HEY!!! That’s a big part of what we love about Harley Quinn!

4 Likes

Totally agree, Mad Love is a great place to start.

2 Likes

Some good Harley Quinn starting points:

-Batman: Harley Quinn, a one-shot and the first book in the main comic continuity to star Harley
-Harley Quinn (2002-2003), her very first ongoing series
-Harley Quinn (2013-1016), her New 52 ongoing and the beginning of the Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti run, which has served as the basis for most of her modern comic adventures from this series forward
-Harley Quinn (2016-present), Harl’s current ongoing, which is currently written by @DCDaily’s Sam Humphries

Hope those can be of help @patterson65.37405. :harley_hv_1: :harleyquinn_hqas:

Also: The title of this thread reminds me of the theme song to the TV show Paladin. “Paladin, Paladin, where do you roam?”. It’s a good show.

1 Like

Outstanding suggestions! All of you have practically given me a blueprint for a Harley Quinn library. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Nothing makes me happier than seeing this community come together to offer guidance and suggestions. You guys rock and your help here has definitely been noticed. :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s not about being noticed. It’s about Harley.