Harley Quinn: Black and White + Red

I really don’t know how to feel about this. On the one hand, I love it when DC tries weird, experimental stuff like this (obviously, the original Batman: Black and White miniseries was delightful), but, on the other hand, I really don’t like the style of comedy or the stories that come along with modern Harley. The TV show is great, and so was Harleen, but as far as I’m concerned, they’re the exceptions, not the rule.

Anyone else have thoughts?

What’s great about the “Black and White” projects is that each story has its own unique style. Even if you don’t like one, you may like the next.

The other interesting thing here: this is apparently Stjepan Sejic’s last work-for-hire project. No sequels or spinoffs to Harleen.

CORRECTION: Stjepan and editors have clarified that this will NOT be his last work for DC, and will be continuing to work with them in the future.

1 Like

This is my shining ray of hope for the series. Even though there is going to be a Conner/Palmiotti story, Dini and Sejic working on it provides a certain level of optimism that I just can’t shake. I don’t think all the stories in the series are going to be amazing, but I don’t doubt that there’ll to be something special to find here.

1 Like