Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey

"The creative team that transformed Harley Quinn forever returns to shake up her world once more—and this time, the gloves are off!

Harley Quinn has avoided Gotham City ever since she broke up with The Joker and found a home, and a kind of family, in Coney Island. But when she gets an offer she can’t refuse, she has no choice but to slip back into the city as quietly as she can, hoping to be gone before anyone—especially her ex—learns she’s been there. But for Harley, “as quietly as she can” is plenty loud…and before she can say “Holee bounty hunters, Batman,” The Joker’s sicced every super-villain in the city on her pretty ombré head—and the only team tough enough (or crazy enough) to come to her defense is the Birds of Prey!

The foul-mouthed, no-holds-barred sequel to one of DC’s raciest runs is here! Get on board early, before we come to our senses!"

Have you picked up a copy of Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey yet?

I’m super excited to read this book, especially with the movie in theaters right now.

Let us know your thoughts and/or expectations here.

Please, no spoiler discussions until Saturday, 02/15/2020!

For updates on future Black Label releases and to join ThatBlackLabelLife Book Club go here:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/ThatBlackLabelLife

2 Likes

This book hooked me from the first Splash Page!!

I knew this was going to be a Harley I’d enjoy! And as she tried flirted shamelessly with Power Girl on the rooftop she did not disappoint!

The whole point to the story really shows how much she cares about her Crew and even though DC is taking their time with her maturity I could see a lot about how she’s struggling with her mischief while still growing onto a leader.

I am excited for more mayhem as well!!!

2 Likes

Loved it! Just a little raunchy, a little violent, and a whole lot of fun. Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti hit another one out of the park.

2 Likes

I had a lot of fun with this – it felt like a great continuation of what Palmiotti and Conner did previously, and I’m curious to see what kind of crazy stuff happens next. :smiley:

3 Likes

They’ve been doing right by Cass so far, and that’s all I can ask for!

1 Like

I am curious to see how Cass interacts with Harley, I bet she can be a great straight man to Harley’s antics.

2 Likes

I certainly hope this gets added to our library in a year! My BOP binge won’t be complete otherwise, and I find reading comic on Hoopla not as good :frowning:

1 Like

Can that happen? Been that it is under the DC Black Label.

Also I’m getting up to date on Harley Quinn Rebirth, do this spoil that run, should I wait until I finish HQ Rebirth first before picking this one up?

That was a good way to describe it!

I really appreciate the raunchy violence that is Harley Quinn!

1 Like

I don’t think it would spoil anything…at least not this first issue.

2 Likes

I was finally able to find a copy after forgetting to add it to my weekly pull list. I added the rest though, #2 onward. I have yet to read this but I love the current Harley Quinn series, so I doubt Conner and Palmiotti will disappoint.

@JQuinzelle

Be sure to come back by and let us know what you think once you get a chance to read it!

I’m sure you’ll love it as much as you’ve loved any of her other misadventures!

True, but since Harley Quinn has an original show here on DCU, an exception might be made. After all, Vertigo typically isn’t allowed on the service, but the Vertigo runs of Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing are here.

So I wouldn’t say for sure it won’t happen, but something like this, or Harleen or Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity is more likely to happen than some of the other Black Label books.

Yeah, I think at most this first issue shows characters/concepts that are introduced there. Like, we know she’s had adventures with Power Girl, but we don’t know what kind of adventures.

1 Like

I really hope this happen mostly for new readers of the series a year from now, I know I will buy this series anyways before that.