Harley Quinn (2021) | Series Discussion | Spoilers Ahead

Not yet. Working on her series leading into it still, but I loved Pam’s story and Zatanna’s was good too.

I don’t collect much of anything, but I’ve seen enough gorgeous artwork here that I’ve started looking to get some. :face_with_peeking_eye:

8 Likes

If we’re voting :face_in_clouds: I vote you go for it too.

6 Likes

@Chain_Twix It’s seems to me the ayes have it :woman_judge:t2: Motion carried! …? :laughing: :green_heart:

:eyes:… here’s a couple more

[edit] Forgot to drop this here for @Zips4tw

10 Likes

Thank you! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Still haven’t decided what to add, but I’m leaning in Pam’s direction. Don’t see it yet.

Finished No Good Deed (#1-6). Didn’t feel lost without any back story. Harley wanting to redeem herself makes sense and gets down to business with what makes a Harley story great: courage, heart and forgiveness. She makes mistakes, but tries to learn from them which makes her relatable, brave and comforting. Pitting two psychologists against each other offered some great dialogue referencing psychological theories too.

Keepsake (#7-12) was decent, even if half of it was a tie-in to something that didn’t interest me, Keepsake, Harley and Ivy were good, and ended up reading more Catwoman. Fun volume overall. Loved her sidekicks. Thought the art has been unique and worked well to reinforce her new era.

7 Likes

Ooh! What else were you thinking of as possibilities? I won’t stop you on Ivy, of course! :rose: :laughing: I’m horribly biased. Yes.

7 Likes

The more I think about it the more I’m not sure! Some YA novels come to mind immediately, but I don’t think they’re in the catalog. ? Just finished Lonely City, and it’s a strong contender. :catwoman_hv_4: Think I’m putting too much pressure on myself. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I got the Harley trick or treat variant this month. Harley is getting closer to finding out whose behind the multiverse killings. We got to see a Harely and Python Ivy.

5 Likes

ALL of these Halloween variants they’ve made this year are adorable. :purple_heart:

:eyes:

7 Likes

Finished Verdict (#13-17) This was the most consistent story arc so far, seeing Harley trying to clear her own name, because she didn’t actually commit any of the crimes this time. Predictably, no one believes her, which leads us through the strongest tone and conflict in Harley’s redemption that the series has seen since it started. The final twist wasn’t surprising, but it plays out with heart so I forgive it.

Task Force XX (#18-21) I wasn’t sure about for a couple issues, but we do get a good adventure and great team dynamics. Harley’s role as a therapist has been one of my favorite things about this whole series, and her bonding sessions are a highlight in the middle of the chaos.

8 Likes

Super spiffy! I just ordered this one (haven’t been able to hit the Oakland LCS very nuch lately).

5 Likes

Same here. Based on what I’ve read, which isn’t everything, but I think it’s been one of the best reimaginings of any character in DC. This overhaul really suits Harley and makes for a good read.

6 Likes

I pass right by the LCS on my way home from work, it’s convenient enough.

Sometimes, too convenient according to my bank acct

4 Likes

Has anyone checked this out yet?

8 Likes

I haven’t and i don ‘t know where I’m going to fit it but i will eventually, i always do

6 Likes

Read “Who Killed Harley Quinn”. This was my favorite story arc since the first. Given the title it’s safe to mention that Harley is dead, and Kevin was a total hero right along with Harley. Then things got crazy, but in the best way! Also had some heartfelt, intimate moments between Harley, Old Lady Harley and creepy Harley who laughs, who just needs her Ivy in the end. The series seems like it’s getting stronger as we go and that’s not always the case in my experiences.

Is this a whole new series? Never heard of it, but that’s not saying much coming from me. :face_in_clouds:

8 Likes

I agree that was a fun story arc!

@Razzzcat mentioned a game and probably knows more, but from what I can tell it might be a one shot.

5 Likes

You’re in luck, Maxwell! :full_moon_with_face: You’ve prbly already noticed we do grab bags for Halloween and Xmas, and this one is on the list for December!

Now that you’re getting caught up, Q! :face_with_monocle:

:diamonds: Is Parry your new fave Harley sidekick? Because I heart Parry—especially in the little cat costume. :laughing:

IMG_0891

Also, here’s a song for Harley coming back from the dead. :see_no_evil: Not exactly related. I just like it, but when she finally talks about it, I remember :broken_heart: the wording broke my heart a little.

Here’s this, while I’m here:

8 Likes

Indeed! :purple_heart: I haven’t investigated too far yet (prbly post it in games soon or make a thread for it in there), but I’m pretty sure it’s related to the (pricey) game…:eyes: there’s an app too, btw

8 Likes

Thanks, I hadn’t looked it up yet. I bet the app has in-game purchases too. It’s all about pay-walls now. :video_game:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I have no doubt in my mind. :laughing: It :100: does.

5 Likes