Harley/Ivy Relationship

So if you are fan of the relationship between these can you tell me what makes it interesting (not being a jerk). The relationship never worked for me it just was there but maybe I’m not seeing something, just curious

2 Likes

Sorry my sentence structure sucks

Poison Ivy is serious and dark and Harley is funny like joker

1 Like

I think they balance each other really well. Plus they just make a cute couple.

2 Likes

I love them both but… I LOVE THEM TOGETHER

1 Like

Ivy is serious and Harley is funny so they work as a duo. Whereas with the Joker, he’d get mad at her for stealing his spotlight when she was funny.

2 Likes

Honestly in the Animated Series , before the comics, I always thought they had a sister kind of bond. Ivy had spats of dissappoint with Harley & her hyenas but would always take up for her against other baddies including Joker & Livewire. Not to mention, Ivy helped Harley get away from Joker’s abusiveness. Always seemed Harley was the little sister lol Like others have said tho, the seriousness of Ivy & craziness of Harley is also why it works. But again I always enjoyed the sister-type bond they had.

4 Likes

Their both Drs & both want to change but just can’t help it. They’ve went good plenty of times but their destined to be villains & always get sucked back in. Catwoman is secret buddies with em too & I love those 3 together.

1 Like

I don’t dig the Ivy relationship personally I grew up on BTAS, so for me they’re like sisters, total BBFs. Its weird they would be together to me. But I also grew up with her obsessed and in love with Joker

3 Likes

Its definitely been not given enough focus. But the new Harley TAS might fix some of those problems

2 Likes

Ugh I really hope they don’t make it all about them as s couple or I won’t watch

1 Like

I like them together… it just feels right.

5 Likes

Poison Ivy takes things seriously and cares for plants when no one else does. She’s the lone wolf who inspires confidence in Harley. Harley, on the other hand, is in it to have fun. She tends to get into trouble, but Ivy loves having her around. Ivy generally hates humanity and just wants to be alone with her plants, but she genuinely enjoys Harley’s company, and even though they’re villains, they have it themselves to make each other better people.

1 Like

@Dcgoddessofmayhem: For the series, they’ve been described as best friends, not a romantic couple. But honestly, as a Harley and Ivy shipper, I prefer it this way. Originally, their relationship was only hinted at, then the New 52 came out and they were pretty much romantically involved from the start. I’d rather like to see their relationship evolve over time.

2 Likes

I rather their friendship lol, I’m a BTAS kid. I loved the girl power friendship!

2 Likes

I love them together. BTAS is where this couple actually began anyway (purely implied, obviously they couldn’t make it official back then), Paul Dini said a relationship was meant to be implied in the series.

4 Likes

I prefer it to happen over time too, though. Harley & Ivy works best AFTER Harley & Joker, not without imo. That way, Ivy can nurture Harley (like her plants, lol), and Harley gets to bask in that after the abuse she faced with Joker. Though Ivy has her moments, still being a supervillain after all. Basically BTAS and the Dini/Timm Harley & Ivy comic is my absolute favorite portrayal and would only be improved if they were actually allowed to portray Harley & Ivy like they wanted.

5 Likes

Eh. It started in the animated series. Ivy gave her the shot so they could be partners. So Harley wouldn’t die touching Ivy. Then writers went where they went. They are good together, but I think it holds them both back some. Idk. They’re a good pair, but both are great on their own. That Ivy comic series was really good, but too short(great art). And Harley is obviously a super star.

2 Likes

They’re one of my favorite DC couples so I hope the new animated series actually has them as a couple, that would be fantastic! Their relationship in the comics is really well-portrayed too and even though I haven’t read it, apparently they’re married in Injustice 2?

2 Likes

No they aren’t they did it for a moment but it didn’t last. Their relationship is as unhealthy for Harley as Joker is. She doesn’t need treated like a child and thats how Ivy treats her. Shes no more independent with her as she was Joker.