Happy SWAMP THING Day!!

The episode was good, Crystal Reed remains delightful, the actors all did fine work, and the ending was what it needed to be. A good script goes a long way. Hey! I used to have that 8 Legged Freaks movie poster! The effects works was top notch. But-- wow! Did this episode look expensive with all those widescreen shots.

Even the jump scares were decent.

Funny thing about genre tv. It doesn’t run on the Nielsen ratings no more-- or at least, not completely.

Sometimes, even a lot of the time-- it operates on a wider spectrum of demographics-- the primary one being a good old-fashioned concept-- no, not the watercooler, though that helps–

It’s called BUZZ.

How do you think the CW stays on the air? Product resale and BUZZ. How does that little show adjacent to the competition’s cinematic universe stay on ABC for 7 seasons-- you know the one, about some secret agent called Coulman or Coldson or whatever-- epic resale and years of epic BUZZ.

Now, screaming blue bloody murder when you don’t like something-- that is NEGATIVE BUZZ. It’s your brain smashed up in the kitchen.

Praising Crystal Reed, Derek Mears, the writing, and/or the production values-- that is POSITIVE BUZZ. It appears as PASSION-- and has kept Star Trek on the air in one form or another since 1966.

So… why not create only POSITIVE BUZZ to make yourselves heard?

5 Likes

:honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:BUZZZZZZZZZZZ​:honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

2 Likes

We all should be grateful for the 10 episodes we’ll get.

I am. Subscribers who are petulantly going to quit the service are missing out on the thousands of comics here, and the always-excellent animation, which this old man wanted in the first place when I subscribed. DOOM PATROL was an unexpected bonus, and these DCU productions are so good that I’ll stay here to see what’s coming next.

I’m still pretty happy with the DCU, even though there’s no Vertigo :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. There’s everything else, and this limited-income old fart is getting his money’s worth.

For sure.

2 Likes

I LOVE SWAMP

1 Like

I really like the episode, much more than the pilot

1 Like

BUZZ I loves me positively charged honey, mmmhmmm! BUZZ

This week’s episode was good. That one dude was a jerk though.

2 Likes

Why would this be a happy swamp thing day? It’s a slap in the face.

If I say I’m miserable will you stop pooping in all the threads

2 Likes

BUZZ! Positive buzz is the only way things will get better, just as Misfit said. The episode was great, Swampy looks fantastic in all his marshy glory, and we’ve still got eight more episodes to look forward to. Then let’s not forget Young Justice: Outsiders, Titans Season 2, Harley Quinn, Stargirl, thousands of comics… yeah, there’s a lot to be happy about. So let’s get the buzz out! :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how good the episode was, they already cancelled the series before we had a chance to give our opinion.

1 Like

@william.w.britt Probably because the cancellation had to do with losing millions of dollars, not anybody’s opinions

1 Like