Happy St. Patrick's Day | POLL

Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this topic dedicated to Patrick Wilson.

Inspired by this tweet

Which role did you prefer Patrick Wilson in?

• Nite Owl - Watchmen
  • Ocean Master - Aquaman

0 voters

5 Likes

I also like him as Roaul from The Phantom of the opera.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen that movie in so long, I forgot that was him!

I loved him in the movie Evening.

3 Likes

Have you seen The A-Team (movie) and The Commuter? He was good in those movies.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I saw the A-Team in theaters, but I really can’t remember it.

Never seen Commuter though.

3 Likes

He was great in both, but I’ve gotta give the slight edge to Watchmen. For me, it comes down to the fact that I’ll read Dan’s dialogue from the comics in Wilson’s voice, but I can’t quite say the same for Orm

5 Likes

That’s a good point! I see where you’re coming from. Orm has had animated iterations that could be “the voice” you hear when reading him, but Dan hasn’t.

4 Likes

It’s a hard thing to judge for me, because on one hand, in Watchmen Dan is kind of the most boring of the characters but because he’s written by Moore and the movie so faithfully takes from it, he has some really great lines. With Aquaman, I think his character was more interesting, but I think in general the dialogue at times felt really stilted and forced, including his own.

Two good performances with their little hiccups, but almost kind of compliment each other.

3 Likes

1k7n8p

pika

:joy: :joy: :joy:

In Watchmen, they all were kind of boring to me :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face:

1 Like

He is such a versatile actor . But seen him in slow motion in the first Watchmen trailer that had that slowed down smashing pumpkins piece playing. Oh I was hooked on watchmen

2 Likes

Seriously! His work in horror is great.

Watchmen was a gorgeous movie.

2 Likes

Orm… I absolutely fell in love with his cape. Yep, the cape. Cape movements in that movie were fascinating and mesmerizing. I also prefer the rest of his costume, demeanor, and fighting style. Actually, I think Orm stands out as one of the better comic book movie villains we’ve seen in recent years.

2 Likes

I think the only horror movie I’ve seen him in was Hard Candy, which that might even be debatable as to whether it’s horror.

His costume at the end was super cool, very comic accurate. I don’t recall there being many other capes in Aquaman other than Orm’s. I’d say that the cape work in pretty much all the DCEU movies so far have been freaking amazing.

3 Likes

Those underwater visuals were epic. The capes, the hair, everything was visually incredible. Still can’t believe it wasn’t nominated for a VFX Oscar.

2 Likes

I like that his mask moved like that :joy:

1 Like

He’s good in both but I’m bias towards the Owl.

Also Happy St. Patrick’s Day

2 Likes

:four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

The Owl costume is great. I feel like the goggles were an inspiration for Snyder’s JL Bat.

3 Likes

Never put that together but now that I see it I can feel that too.

3 Likes

2 Likes