Happy Birthday José Luis García-López!

Born March 26, 1948 in Pontevedra, Spain, Mr. Garcia-Lopez is an absolute living legend and even if you don’t know who he is, you know his work, as he may have created the definitive reference to at least some of your fave DC characters.

Happy Birthday Good Sir!

dc-comics-style-guide-03

13 Likes

Happy Birthday Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez! :partying_face: :birthday: :confetti_ball:

8 Likes

When I see his work, I think, “Yes, this is how these characters are supposed to look.”

May he have a happy birthday.

8 Likes

When I close my eyes and picture a lot of DC Comics characters, they look like a Garcia-Lopez drawing.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday to an absolutely wonderful artist in every way.

His contributions go beyond comics and style guides, and into the realm of toys as well, as he did the packaging artwork for Kenner’s Super Powers line:

Have a great one, sir! :+1:t2:

10 Likes

Hood and cape Darkseid > Any other version

7 Likes

Being a Kenner loyalist, I would normally be inclined to agree, but this is my fav Darkseid:

Its by Mattel (and is rather swell), and is inspired by the Super Powers version, so I think it would meet with JLGL’s approval.

4 Likes

I am supposed to be smiling.

4 Likes

seconded

9 Likes

Happy Birthday José Luis Garcia-López!

There is some great art he did for the Batman ‘66 Merchandise over at The 13th Dimension.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday to an absolute legend in the industry!

5 Likes

I love his DC Artwork, just a joy to look at.

One thing I wish I could’ve seen, was to see how the Wonder Twins would’ve looked under his style.

3 Likes

An icon!

4 Likes

Oops, HappyBirthday Good Sir!

4 Likes

1982 justice league by jose luis garcia lopez

4 Likes

Here are some lovely ladies from Mr. Lopez. Paging @capo-mage.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Jose Luis Garcia Lopez! Thanks for bringing the DC characters alive for me!

Now, if you had only included the Wonder Twins… LOL

3 Likes

Scoop & Score!!! Ty buddy!!

2 Likes

I’m, uh…filing away some of those for…later.

coughs inconspicuously

Yeah. For later.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday, Jose! You are a living legend and a true treasure!

5 Likes