Happy Birthday Helena Wayne/Bertinelli and the Huntress

ok need to read this issue whats it from?

5 Likes

I enjoyed the Huntress back-ups in Wonder Woman, and I especially loved her in the movie. Cool character concept in either form.

4 Likes

You mean Birds of Prey (2020) right?

5 Likes

All Star 73

4 Likes

You’re not wrong about the dates the characters were created, but Jason was introduced as a kid, and his death means he didn’t age as much as other characters. Helena was introduced (multiple times!) as an adult, and while I agree she’s the youngest of the Birds (in the Simone era, it felt like Babs was about 32, Dinah maybe a little older, and Helena 25-28). Can I prove any of those ages? Nah. But I definitely don’t see Jason as 25 in current continuity, since I think Dick himself is only in his early 20s (DC kept Dick and Babs at 21 for a long time in the n52 and Rebirth, though I think they’ve finally allowed them to get a tiny bit older, but not to 28 and 32, which is how old I wish they were. If Dick were 28, I’d be totally fine with Jason being 25, but since I think he’s probably 23-25, I think Jason is probably about 19-20 currently).

5 Likes

It starts at the close of All-Star Comics #72 and the main fight is in #73.

5 Likes

That would be the one. I really enjoyed that movie overall, but Huntress was probably my favorite.

5 Likes

I am going to acknowledge that everyone likely has their own view of the ages of DC’s fantastic characters. however Nightwing vol 4 issue 43 has him in mid-twenties in Rebirth, in 2018 and two years have passed in the DC time so that would make him late twenties as of Nightwing 86. so I was not far off. I view Jason as 25 as of Batman Urban legends issue 1.

PS: I did not start shipping Jason Todd and Helena B until I did a fanwork that put them together and realized they work well off each other. (trying not to get this dinged by the moderators as honestly, I find the fan fiction discussion information very unclear as I keep getting referred to the Fan Art guidelines which I find not quite clear regarding fan fiction.)

thank you =)

4 Likes

The problem with the ages is that DC likes to snap them back at any time. Try figuring out Tim Drake’s age sometime, and the try to square that with Damian’s age. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have -_- I just view Damian as being ‘created’ during Bruce’s training trip instead of year whatever. Likely just before bruce returned to Gotham as that way he has been batman for 14 years at most. or Talia had his growth accelerated as she did have a few mistakes before she got it right with Damian. However, it can also be settled by bruce having years instead of weeks between Jason Todd’s death and Tim taking up the mantle. however, I also view her as having Damian extracted but Carrying Athanasia to full term.

4 Likes

No, I’m talking about the way Tim starts the n52 at 16, and Damian at 10, and then at the beginning of Rebirth, Tim is…16, and Damian is 13.

5 Likes

New earth Damian was conceived around the time Jason dies…yet Tim is 15 when Damian is ten. that is worse. actually, Damian is 12 when batcat gets Holly at the start of Rebirth. however, the two alterations of the timeline caused first by doc manhattan restoring(ish) the timeline than the merger of the Superman’s (which caused another alteration of Jon Kent being born not in the convergence in a batcave but in the fortress of solitude. ya superman gets to raise his son that he never should have been able to have and with the woman he loves. yet batman does not get to stay with the women he loves and raise their future daughter unless it’s not earth 0 :disappointed:.) caused Tim to de-aged a year. (likely along with Steph).

3 Likes

I’ve always been a subscriber to the “Damian’s growth was artificially accelerated in a whale” theory. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Happy Birthday Helena!

7 Likes

Happy Birthday Huntress! :partying_face: :00_huntress1:

DazzlingWhirlwindBirdofparadise-size_restricted

9 Likes

Rock on gorgeous!!!

7 Likes

My beautiful Mob Avenger!

5 Likes

Bertinelli is a dream come true!!! Ty to DC for one of those pics from the wallpaper thread- & ty to @RexRebel’s AB(D)C thread, &, specifically the member who posted it for another one on there. Great job btw. That was the 1st picture I went to filter & it couldn’t be improved upon.

This one. I’ll be back when I find out who for the proper shout out… @wvp is the winner…TY @wvp for this gorgeous picture which is now in my favorites for life!!!

11 Likes

As usual I’m late for these events. Happy Belated Birthday Helena Wayne/Bertinelli Huntress

9 Likes

I just realized that this is also the month Catwoman of earth two died…I am getting some bad vibes from the next issue of Batman/Catwoman.
God this cover is disturbing.
51WfJKPjDpL

Maybe King’s next work will involve these two finally having an actual team-up

(Helena Bertinelli and Jason todd.) However, to my limited knowledge, Jason has not met eather of them…or heck i would love them meeting in Dark knights of steel.

7 Likes