Happy Birthday Barbara Gordon!

Happy birthday to Batgirl, one of the best dc characters ever!

15 Likes

I think Dina Meyer may be my favorite besides Yvonne Craig. Of course, we have yet to see Leslie Grace in action (I think sheā€™ll do a really good job).

12 Likes

She was so great in the role. NGL- I absolutely lost my ish when this episode premiered:

#BGBDAY55 :birthday:
:00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

17 Likes

BG
SG
Harley
Ivy
Livewire

15 Likes

@Hiraeth @TheTerrificToyman @Vroom @Bar-El @Behemoth @Jurisdiction @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder @SuperBlueGrodd @chintzybeatnik @msgtv- itā€™s BGā€™s B-Day today! Yay! :smiley: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

21 Likes

Such a fantastic episode. :+1:

15 Likes

:love_you_gesture: Letā€™s get this party started!

16 Likes

Happy birthday batgirl

16 Likes

giphy
Take a few minutes from your day, relax, and check out the entrance this girl can make.

J9XB

18 Likes

With her extensive training in ballet and modern dance Yvonne C. truly defined graceful and fluid movement everytime she was in costume. :star_struck: :+1:

15 Likes

Woo-hoo! :smiley:

14 Likes

Happy Birthday Barbie G! :partying_face: We may not share a birthday, but we sure do share a name! Way to represent us non-grandma Barbs! :older_woman:

12 Likes

Really, I think William Dozierā€™s contribution is exaggerated. The new Batgirlā€™s first appearance in comics was in late 1966, and while I have seen that Nov in more than one place, the difference between cover date and publication date was more like four months back then. And without computers, the lead time was longer, too. And given that the new Batgirl was meant as a permanent fixture, that lead time was even longer-- they started working on the issues probably in March or April, and the character even earlier than that. Yes, the first first season of Batman is on by then-- but there are only two apperances by female baddies in 34 episodes, 17 storiesā€¦ Catwoman appearing only once. And if Dozier were heavily involved, Batgirl could easily have appeared in the 60 episodes of the second season. As Batman only got a third season by the skin of its teeth-- ABC liked the show and the ratings but maybe not so much William Dozier-- Batgirl had no guarentee of appearing on television at all. And Batman editor Julius Schwartz is infamous for not paying attention to Dozier or the show-- though others did, forcing the super-villains back into a more prominent place in the comics.

12 Likes

Some of my most fave BG moments from DCSHGs ver 2.0

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

15 Likes

Hereā€™s to 55 years Babs! I donā€™t know if Iā€™ve shared it here but she inspired me to pursue being a librarian. I even wrote a brief assignment on why sheā€™s inspiring to future librarians. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I canā€™t wait for more of her stories in the future!
giphy

15 Likes

@iJest @ejdias.95910 @capo-manger @WingsOfAether @Jay_Kay @TheRealDetectiveChimp @Sean-Malloy- itā€™s BGā€™s B-Day! :smiley:

14 Likes

We have a handy ā€œGet to Knowā€ feature here on DCUI with Babsā€™s first appearance and more!

Not exhaustive but my dream is to one day devote all of my time to my Birds of Prey Chronology and actually do all of Barbaraā€™s pre-Oracle appearances in one list! (Same for the other main BOP ladies.)

15 Likes

Yeah, and that second one is you on BART, :rofl: Happy Birthday Batgirl, and great work on this thread @DC89. :smiley:

12 Likes

16 Likes

That is so cool @mccaggers91. :+1: You are the true BG fan. :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1:

12 Likes