Hans Zimmer or Danny Elfman?

Which Batman theme do you prefer? I prefer Elfman’s by far but Zimmer did good in my opinion.

6 Likes

Zimmer

3 Likes

Elfman’s is definitely iconic, but Zimmer’s is just better overall. His score is one of the main reason why I love the Dark Knight trilogy so much

2 Likes

Zimer is always the best.

3 Likes

Elfman, certainly. However, I do like that Zimmer’s scores carried a bit of the stylistic through-line that had started with Elfman and continued through Shirley Walker on BTAS.

5 Likes

Elfman hands down. Elfman is imaginative and created a batman theme that resonates with the character. I hear his theme when I read Batman comics. Zimmer created a good film score, but it doesn’t say “Batman” the way Elfmans does. Also the ostinato in Zimmers batman theme uses the exact same notes as the motif in Elfmans Batman Theme, and I’m sure that wasn’t an accident.

4 Likes

For Batman, Elfman. But Zimmer’s Man Of Steel score is one of my all time favourites.

2 Likes

That’s a tough one. Danny Elfmans classic work is great. Hans work now is better than Elfmans work. However, Elfmans Batman score is better than Hans Zimmer’s Batman score.

2 Likes

Zimmers MOS and Dark knight are legendary. But that elfman original gives me chills.

3 Likes

If you asked me a year ago I would have said Zimmer, but since watching BTAS I’m convinced that Elfman’s theme is the definitive Batman theme. Now, I know that someone else did BTAS, but hearing the theme in a different context from the 1989 movie sold me on it.

4 Likes

Elfman all the way. The theme is iconic. So much so that they riffed off it for Batman TAS and brought it back for Justice League in 2017. To me this is the definitive Batman theme. That’s not taking anything away from Zimmer because The a Dark Knight trilogy theme is great. But it’s nowhere near as iconic as Elfman’s.

4 Likes

I think both are great composers but very different from each other. I prefer Danny Elfman. That Batman (1989) movie main theme is a masterpiece, but Hans Zimmer did an amazing job with the Man of Steel soundtrack. It’s just epic and powerful!

2 Likes

Agreed. Both are great but I lean towards Elfman.

1 Like

Both are amazing but Elfman for me!

Zimmer

1 Like

Seems pretty balanced… If anyone who has figured out the vote thing wants to insert it I would be thankful!

• Danny Elfman
  • Hans Zimmer

0 voters

Thanks @darthpat!

@TheBatgirlofNML Happy to be of service!