Hal Jordan (The Greatest Green Lantern to ever live)

"You’ve always had it wrong, Sinestro. Even rookies know that a Green Lantern isn’t without fear. A Green Lantern overcomes fear. Every time they face it.”

Hal Jordan started off as a test pilot for Ferris Air before he stumbeled upon the remains of a crashed alien ship. Inside this ship was a dying Green Lantern named Abin Sur. Determined that he was the best canditate for the next ring, Abin Sur passed on the Green Lantern Ring and his battery to him before eventually perishing. Becoming the Green Lantern of Sector 2814, he was sent to Planet Oa, where he underwent training to master the ring. In due time, Hal Jordan eventually became the greatest Green Lantern.

During his time as a GL Corps Member, he had a taste of fear. Parallax, the emotional entity and embodiment of fear had infected him, triggered by the destruction of his hometown Coast City at the hands of Mongul I and Cyborg Superman. Enraged, he eventually took his anger out on the Guardians and the Corps, murdering them all, becoming Parallax. Convinced he needed to restart everything and make everything right, he began collapsing the universe and timelines together during Zero Hour, which he was soon stopped. Still having some heroism left in him, Hal sacrificed himself to start the sun again and became noticed by the Sprit of Vengeance, The Spectre. He became the spirit at first, but Parallax was still in his soul. After a conflict to seperate the two, Hal was finally reborn and soon set out to pay for his sins and take up his mantle again as the Greatest Green Lantern of them all.

During his time as a GL Corps Member, he had a taste of fear. Parallax, the emotional entity and embodiment of fear had infected him, triggered by the destruction of his hometown Coast City at the hands of Mongul I and Cyborg Superman. Enraged, he eventually took his anger out on the Guardians and the Corps, murdering them all, becoming Parallax. Convinced he needed to restart everything and make everything right, he began collapsing the universe and timelines together during Zero Hour, which he was soon stopped. Still having some heroism left in him, Hal sacrificed himself to start the sun again and became noticed by the Sprit of Vengeance, The Spectre. He became the spirit at first, but Parallax was still in his soul. After a conflict to seperate the two, Hal was finally reborn and soon set out to pay for his sins and take up his mantle again as the Greatest Green Lantern of them all.

Powers:
Energy Projection
Energy Shields
Auto-shields
Energy Constructs
Energy Enhanced Striking
Flight
Holographic Projection
Telepathy
Invisibility
Phasing
Super Speed
Copying ability
Teleporting
Sealing
Time slowing
Magic Resistance

Feats:
Topples Goldface
Backhands Carrol Ferris
Restrains Lex Luthor
Punches out Lobo
Pulls a ship out of a Yellow stars gravity
Reacts to Starro being thrown at him by Mister Miracles brother
Catches and traps Professor Zoom
Tags Parallax Flash
Goes light speed without going into warp
Tanks a nuke
auto shield takes bullets
takes a blast that can destroy a moon
takes punches from Superboy Prime
Resists nanities in his brain
Breaks out of mental control started from a mind chip
Breaks control from the Black Mercy The Black Mercy is a psychic plant that grants you your hearts desire
Resists Hector Hammond Hector Hammond is a telepath more powerful than Gorilla Grodd
Resists Hector Hammond again
Resists Mind Games
Forces Jericho out of his body
Resists a telepathic attack from Thundermind Great Ten RT is here.
Breaks out of a nightmare that trapped MMH, Black Canary and Flash
His will can power the entire Blue Lantern Corps
Resists mind control from Parallax through the battery
Recovers from being mind-raped by an Ophidian powered Hector Hammond Similar to Parallax, Ophidian is the DC embodiement of greed.
Heavily resists control from Parallax Parallax is the DC embodiment and entity of fear. Literally all fear in the universe resides in this being.
Hal and Kyle break out of Parallax
Atomizes a powerful robot
Attacks nanites in his own body
Bitches Wonder Girl and her lasso
Holds off Lobo and Captain Comet
Pierces Mongal
Pierces multiple Red Tornado like androids
Manages to hurt Captain Atom
Overpowers his own yellow weakness to beat Sinestro
One shots a Kryptonian
Blasts Captain Atom
Makes arrows to pierce Mongul II Mongul II is close to Superman level
Overcomes a monster that was absorbing lantern energy before The monster was able to do it, being a creature of fear
Beats down Superman
One-shots AMAZO with all of the leagues powers
Manages to briefly fight against Larfleeze
Can injure Krona, even when he controls Ion Ion is the entity and embodiment of the emotion willpower in DC
Escapes Black Lantern Spectre
One-shots Krona Krona is an extremel powerful cosmic threat. RT for him coming soon.
Knocks out Black Lantern Spectre’s jaw
Accidently destroys a planet
Covers the Earth in a construct for Superman to move
Covers the Earth in a construct
Causes a collision so powerful it bends reality
Makes a blast as hot as the sun
Condenses a star
Spikes and kills Mandrakk Mandrakk is a threat to the multiverse
Rookie Hal beats Kalibak
Beats Mongul with the yellow weakness Mongul I is almost pre-DOS Superman levels
Beats Kilowog
Beats 2 Green Lanterns
Solos multiple GLs
Solos Gardner, Hector Hammond and Star Sapphire
Hal Jordan vs Sinestro
Hal Jordan vs Sinestro Round 2 Also a possible FTL combat speed feat, considering they fight from the moon to saturn in the span of an argument.

When Hal Jordan was possessed by Parallax, he became very powerful. He had a regular power level and a power level in Zero Hour thanks to absorbing entropic energy.

Regular

Becomes Gigantic

Can teleport others and create things

Freezes time

Travels and stops time effortlessly

Using the power cosmic, restructures worlds Yes, it’s canon apparently.

Heals John Stewart

Knocks out Guy Gardner

Parallax vs Guy Gardner

Quickly beats Alan Scott

Solos Guy and John

Destroys Cyborg Superman

Bitches Captain Atom, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and The Ray

Blasts back the league and the JSA

Solos a large group of heroes

With a willpower explosion, destroys the guardians

Battles Black Lantern Spectre

Rips the face off of The Spectre

Has a heart to heart with Kyle

Zero Hour

Casually beats Extant

Kills Time Trapper

Knocks out Superman easily

Absorbs enough energy to recreate the universe

Starts destroying and remaking the universe with Anti-Monitor energy

Blue Lantern

A Blue Ring was forced onto Hal’s finger and in order to take it off, he had to discharge it’s energy.

Full power can harm Larfleeze
Forces Larfleeze to see what he hopes for
Red Lantern

A Red Ring was forced on his finger by Atrocitus.

First Red Lantern to make constructs
Bitches multiple Sinestro Corps members and traps Sinestro
Tortures Sinestro
Yellow Lantern
He was able to wield this ring thanks to his experience with fear and parallax.

Avoids blasts from the entire corps
Breaks a supercharged constructs
Creates a twister that drills into the planet

5 Likes

There are so many tales the GL Corps that we don’t know. So many other lanterns.

I’d say kilawog, you don’t get to be the “raw recruits” trainer/drill sgt without serious skills and abilities.

Hal maybe the most creative lantern, but he was taken over by parralax in the first place. So he also has proved lacking in certain abilities as well.

1 Like

Love Hal, closely followed by Kyle.

3 Likes

Hal created his own ring and power battery just from his Will alone. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Again points for creativity. We don’t know if other lanterns are capable of that, because they’ve not been put in a position of needing to do that.

Hal is the best. :wink::sunglasses::100:

1 Like

No mo love for Jessica Cruz? :'c

2 Likes

Someone could arrange a Jessica thread in the future…

:wink:

1 Like

To be honest, Hal’s not my favorite Green Lantern. I liked John Stewart in Justice League, Kyle grew on me, Jessica Cruz has potential. Then, of course, there are all the non-human Lanterns like Kilowog. For some reason, the Lantern being pushed as “the greatest” is the one I personally find the least interesting.

2 Likes

I go with the loud mouth himself Guy Gardner Is He my favorite no but he is right up there

2 Likes

Ch’p Ch’p Ch’p Ch’p

CH’P CH’P CH’P CH’P

3 Likes

Chp!!! I love that character!!! Lol

2 Likes

Hey everyone has their own preferences and that’s great! I obviously love the other Lanterns so don’t take this post the wrong way. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

However, there’s no denying Hal’s legacy as the most powerful. :wink::sunglasses::100:

3 Likes

Of course let us not forget Mogo. That lantern in a living planet. That’s just straight up pure power, right there.

4 Likes

Hal is not the most creative. Kyle is, he was a comic book artist, his constructs are beautiful.

4 Likes

@Lex: Agreed! Kyle’s constructs always blow my mind, man.

2 Likes

Hal juat has more willpower than anyone else. Thats why hes so powerful, its given me chills seeing how much willpower he has for a human, its unfathomable.

3 Likes

Also kyle constructs are more complex, as in thicker, not hollow like hals at times.

2 Likes

Honestly, man if things were different in the books and Hal’s stories got permanently cancelled for some weird reason lol, I’d rep Kyle.

2 Likes