Guided View vs. Full Page

i should have specified i use a tablet. at first it was this windows 8 touchscreen with detachable keyboard. it’s also my 2nd device for watchalongs. now i have an android tablet that i use, partially because it is lighter. I don’t like the android app, so i go thru a web browser.

2 Likes

I like guided view on my phone, full page on the iPad. I’ve been doing that since I switched to digital comics back in 2011 (when the New 52 started).

1 Like

For me, I do panel by panel on my phone or when my iPad is in landscape mode, full page when it’s in portrait mode. I did measure it one time and my iPad screen is almost the same size as a modern age comic page haha! Quarantine is boring sometimes…

3 Likes

I like the full page

2 Likes

A mix, here. On typical single pages, I use full page view. On double page spreads, I use guided view. Comixology has the perfect answer to double page spreads as a setting. You can set it to show the full sptead, then go into guided view followed by another look at the spread. Best of both worlds.

Edit:
The above assumes that I am viewing on my 10.5" Samsung tablet which it is what I use 95% of the time.

2 Likes

Full page on iPad and zoom in for details. Skip the iPhone as I’m old and my eyes can’t take it even in panel by panel mode. I have Marvel Unlimited also and I like that I can turn my iPad to landscape and read a half page at a time automatically. It’s nice that the view is just a little bigger.

3 Likes

Like others have said it depends on the book.

I used to think panel was blasphemy, but I can’t help but feel it gives a sort of cinematic experience. It’s definitely grown on me. Iv’e been using panel more and more lately on my tablet.

3 Likes

@ZeroFoxtrot
Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

@DarkKnightinWhiteSatin Thanks!

I would prefer full page but if the screen is smaller I do the guided

Before I got a tablet I was using guided view on my phone. Last year I bought a tablet and now I’m full page all day everyday baby. One of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

Guided view all the way! I love what ComiXology and Marvel Unlimited has since years and is a hybrid between panel to panel and full page.

I use guided view because whenever I try to use full page, the text is blurry. Like @moro and others I will switch between guided and full. I know its as easy as making a double tap but it would be nice if there was a setting that gave you the full page first then went to the guided view to read because you don’t get to see all the art plus some of the comics you have to use full page because whoever did the digital format did a slack job and you cant read all the text with the guided viewing.

3 Likes

Guided view, with an occasional pull out to full-page.

1 Like

Guided view for the motion comic effect. Also there’s “the freeze frame living room museum effect” which turns a Kubert Hawkman panel into a work of art to stare at and drool over.

1 Like

I like that!

Your post reminds me of that coffee table book that Walter Mosley put together, Maximum FF, where he blew up each panel of Fantastic Four #1 to fill an entire page. He did it so people could marvel (pun intended) at Jack Kirby’s brilliant art on a proper scale.

1 Like

Very weird but I like panel by panel even on my TV. It zooms in on the text just a little more so I can actually read it on my couch lol

1 Like

I like panel to panel. It’s easier to read. If I just want to look at the art, I’d do full view.

Definitely full page, I feel like I’m missing out on the artistry of the page when using guided view. Definitely need to zoom in quite often on the tablet to read the fine text though.

If I read digitally it’s usually on my phone so guided view is just easier to read, otherwise I prefer full page.