Ground Level or Cosmic Level

So Just For Fun, Do You Enjoy Reading / Watching Street-Level Heroes, or Do You Prefer More Cosmic-Space Heroes?
(I Just Grabbed A Couple Of Examples. Reply Below Which is Your Favorite Street-Level Hero, And Your Favorite Cosmic-Level Hero.)

0 voters

6 Likes

It’s funny, I like the more cosmic heroes better but the stories are way more interesting at the street level.

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, Superman is one of my favorite heroes of all time. But when it comes to reading comics, and watching movies/tv shows… I enjoy the street level way more.
For some reason, my imagination can enjoy following Batman as he locates some drug syndicate, more than my brain can follow Superman beating the crap out of some random weird alien.
Don’t mean that disrespectful at all. I just enjoy the more down-to-earth stories better. In fact, when it comes to the Cosmic characters, I like their stories more when they are on earth. Whether its Superman, Green Lantern, etc… I like them more when they are dealing with something on Earth.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

:100:

3 Likes

There are plenty of cosmic-level stories I love, but my main problem w/ them as a whole is that there are way too many of them that feel the need to up the stakes to 11. Too often they deal w/ threats that are gonna end the entire universe or all of reality if they’re not stopped, and while there’s nothing inherently wrong w/ that kind of story, it does get tiring after a while. Cosmic stories don’t even have to be about the world ending and can still be interesting w/ lower stakes if you have well-developed characters. Of course there are plenty of bad street-level stories, but the fact that those generally have lower stakes by design tends to give more opportunity for character work. But at the end of the day, either approach can deliver an amazing story w/ the proper care and attention dedicated to it

4 Likes

I like both, but being a major Batman fan, it’s gotta be ground level. And I always loved non cosmic villains because they were so simplistic. The joker, deadshot, and other villains like that were always more intriguing to me than characters like sinestro or brainiac. Nothing against them, but I always preferred criminals over cosmic threats.

2 Likes

I prefer more street level but there are a few cosmic heroes I’m interested in like Wonder Woman.

1 Like

All of ya’ll have very well stated how I feel.
Like I said, I love me some Superman, Green Lantern, etc… but I am just more drawn to the ground level stories. They just seem more realistic to me.

2 Likes

I prefer Superman…on ground level?

tries to circle both options

5 Likes

Both at the same time.

2 Likes

How about Ocean Level? :wink: :trident:

5 Likes

Oh yeah. I should have put that in there too.
My bad.
Love Aquaman.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Street level. Plain and simple.

2 Likes

This is pretty tough for me. On one hand, when I hear the word superheroes I think of cosmic level people like Superman and Wonder Woman. However, when I think of my favor heroes, for me you just can’t beat Batman and the Bat Family characters.

2 Likes

I know it doesn’t make any sense but I like ground-level more because it just feel like there is more a stake. Yeah, I like the big crisis stories and 'Oh, no will Superman save the planet" stories. But for some reason, those ground-level ones just feel more important.

I’ll pick a “Will Batman find the bus of missing kids” story over a “Starro is invading Earth” story, everyday.

3 Likes

…and turn them all into Robins?

3 Likes

I completely agree, Homie [ x ]

3 Likes

For me, I always preferred street level. I prefer the rough tough stories where they can easily fail and that’s it, they fail. In Cosmic it’s always grand and they cannot fail cuz the world will end.

Moreover, the best way I can explain it is this. A street level hero, Nightwing can go on a cosmic adventure and it’s a big deal because it’s so rare. A cosmic hero like Supergirl can go on a street level mission and it’s not a big deal because she’s been in space saving planets, what’s so special about stopping a bank robbery?

See what I mean? [ x ]

3 Likes