Legends of Tomorrow (season 5)
Black Lightning (season 3)
Batwoman (season 1)

DC Universe
Titans (season 2)
Doom Patrol (season 1)
Stargirl (season 1)

Notice anything missing?

I’m sure it’s probably just a coincidence…

3 Likes

Man that is a supper odd coincidence

1 Like

Ummm I must be stupid cuz what’s missing?

1 Like

…Huh.

^Berlanti is not attached to swamp thing as a producer and it’s not getting a season 2

4 Likes

It’s safe to say Berlanti brings in his shows, on time & on or possibly a tiny bit under. If a producer didn’t meet target oh by the way and cut 10 to 13 episodes, if they wont pay the about 8 million an episode to make, and we ain’t gonna front that 24 million. Especially because the already screwed up the revenue they had, would you give the 24 million out of your pocket?

4 Likes

I have no idea what you’re talking about, I just found it interesting that Greg Berlanti’s production company produces every DC live action series (with the exception of Krypton and Pennyworth) on both the CW and DCU except for Swamp Thing…

2 Likes

And I didn’t forget about iZombie, Lucifer and Preacher, but those are all Vertigo…

2 Likes

Berlanti has it down to a science. Please realize though that the special effects are made by third party studios. Titans and Doom Patrol are done by the same studio.

1 Like

Bertaneli brings in shows on time and at budget. With ST having to cut itself down to 10 from 13 episodes, the non-Bertaneli production team had “issues”.

1 Like

If Berlanti has a proven track record of coming in on time and on budget, they should keep them. I find it difficult to believe that one of the “artistic differences” in cutting Swamp Thing from 13 to 10 episodes was budget. If a producer is coming up short by 20% of budget to make the show they promised. If I was DCU Originals I wouldn’t trust them to do another show. If it was your money, would you?

1 Like

The consumer has never seen the cut of Green Lantern intended by the director and original editor of the movie. Or, in fact, the leading actor.

The man’s a fraggin hit machine

2 Likes

Is this another complaint about swamp thing being cancelled. Lets just let it all run its course

1 Like

Desade…company man!

2 Likes

He’s a producer. That’s his job, on time and on budget. Why? Cuz that’s how you make money. Especially the budget. Aquaman was late, but still on budget.

That production company does deliver a quality product of the type/style they are trying to make for the particular show. Now, you may not like the type and/or style. But, it sells. It makes money.

You know the definition of “good” in Hollywood…it makes money. That is ultimately the only perspective that matters.

If you want a company to stay in business, it needs to make money. That’s not being a “company man”. That’s being a realist.

Media is a coin operated machine, buttercups.

2 Likes

doom patrol anf titans are works of genius.