Green Lantern: The New Animated Series

Yes we need this, I loved TAS it was fantastic and really underestimated DC universe sould renew it and upload all of the episodes asap.

3 Likes

Good lord, yes to more GLTAS. I woke my ass up at early oā€™clock every weekend to watch this on a school library computer while studying abroad.

2 Likes

I posted the same reply on another thread about GLTAS. I truly envy those of you whoā€™ve never seen the series and get to one day watch it through for the first time. Itā€™s really that good.

4 Likes

All of this

1 Like

I completely agree. I went to a con awhile back and met Josh Keaton (the voice of Hal) and asked him if there was a possibility of it coming back and he said itā€™s always possible since a lot of these old shows are coming back nowadays so hey donā€™t give up Hope. (See what I did there? :joy:)

1 Like

It may be the only oppurtunity we get to see War of Light and Blackest Knight brought to life. Do it!

2 Likes

I really fell for Hal in New Frontier, and I would enjoy seeing something that focused on him as GL. Iā€™m sure the Johns tales are interesting, but Hal seems to capture something mythic about being a hero. Do you really think WB would spend a dime on new episodes? I mean, we arenā€™t exactly a greatly desired demographic, and our numbers are laughable at best. Just a thought.

Take my money!!

2 Likes

Can a mod or admin movie this to other media?

That would be great

1 Like

I bet we will see Green Lantern content in some shape or form on DC Universe. Itā€™s what Geoff Johns is known for and heā€™s a big driving force behind the creative on this service so far. I really enjoyed the previous animated show. I would love diving back into that world, but Iā€™d also love if they were to do a 2D animated show that is standalone and features more lanterns than just Hal and John.

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™m still wiping the drool off my keyboard after reading your post. Yes, absolutely! Letā€™s speak up, and not stop until we get GLTAS revived!

1 Like

That show brings back memories. Iā€™d love to see more

1 Like

Give us GLTAS!

1 Like

I just watched it for the first time on DCU and loved it! Iā€™d love for them to go more in-depth into the lantern mythos, which Iā€™m not familiar with. It was an origin story that felt full and rich since it introduced so many concepts and characters.

If they brought it back they have so much more to work with from the comics. The story took place so early in their careers thereā€™s so much more to tell, ie. Sinestro and the yellow lantern Corp (we got so many other colors!). They brought so much heart and creativity into the first season I was hooked and want more!

Aya was especially interesting and I want to see her journey continue! They did a great job with all the characters and could (and should) begin where they left off so their stories can be completed.

1 Like

This new app is the perfect place to revive amazing shows that were cancelled for reasons the fans dont care about. We need a new season of Green Lantern: TAS, not to mention the 1st season should be on this app! That show is a classic for me and others, the writing was superb! There is so much batman content here how about some love for other beloved characters! #BlueLanternRazer

9 Likes

Yes please! I was sad when the powers that be canceled GL the Animated series. I think it was based on the film that came out around the same time. There are so many plot points to still be explored.

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

I really enjoyed that series. It would be great to have it on this platform

ā€˜Young Justiceā€™ has been given new life on DC Universe, and we LOVE IT! But ā€˜Young Justiceā€™ wasnā€™t the only show that was part of DC Nation on Cartoon Network. ā€˜Green Lantern: The Animated Seriesā€™ also deserves to come back! Geoff Johnsā€™ work during his Green Lantern book run heavily influenced the series, and there are more stories that need to be told!

640.jpg

17 Likes