Green Lantern: The New Animated Series

After the closing of the DC Nation block on Cartoon Network, many probably believed that we would never again get he chance to enjoy quality animated, story-driven shows ever again. But then DC Universe came to us. Now we have a new platform to not only revive classics that didn’t get the chance to enjoy a second season, but to expand even further and create more new classics. My first thought goes to Green Lantern TAS. An underrated masterpiece that sadly only had the one season to fly high. But here on DC Universe we might get another chance to see the Green Lantern Shine, and even better than before.

Imagine with me everyone, a Green Lantern series based on the iconic, and arguably definitive run from Geoff Johns as the inspiration for the series, adapting stories ranging from the Sinestro Corps War all the way to a proper finale with the Wrath of the First Lantern. It is my sincere belief that such a series could go down as one of the greatest animated series right alongside our favorites on Young Justice, and the king of them all, Batman The Animated Series.

So think about it with me my friends, think about such an incredible series, and how far we can go from there.

Let me know your thoughts down below.

32 Likes

Yes, yes, yes. 1000x yes. If we could get a new season of Green Lantern, I’d lose it

2 Likes

I would totally be down for a second season of GLTAS. The first season was great (just needed more Guy Gardner). I would also love for this app to be an avenue for Bruce Timm to continue his DC Universe with other solo characters like Plastic Man The Animated Series, or Sgt. Rock The Animated Series.

2 Likes

I love this show soooooo sooo much. It is a wonderful, fun space adventure starring my hero Hal Jordan, with beautiful animation, great stories, voice cast, etc. I still have faith it will pick up with a second season. Should be on this app. If Young Justice can return after several years, so can GL TAS
!

2 Likes

Im all for it, I remember being so hyped to see the book of black get teased before the show’s cancellation. and would love to see a new Green lantern animated series, and possible get a more serious show with some great writing and awesome animation. hopefully we can get some kind of blackest night and brightest day adaptation in some shape of form in the future in general.

5 Likes

I’d love it!

1 Like

I hope it happens, been hoping for years

A New series of Green Lantern would be great, not just about Geoff John run but also Robert Vendittis Run. Green Lantern needs more love.

2 Likes

Would love to see some blue lantern stuff on this app as well but it’s still growing so all in dew time

2 Likes

I believe green lantern has potential to be just as big as Batman or Superman if done right. Could be an amazing space saga

6 Likes

I’m here to echo everyone else’s sentiments and praise. I loved the animated series and would love to see more Green Lantern animated stuff one day.

1 Like

They should definitely bring back this animated series for DC Universe. It was awesome.

3 Likes

When will the animated Green Lantern series be coming to DC Universe?

4 Likes

Well said and completely agree. Even non GL fans respected the emerald knight in the Justice League animated series. The GL universe is so vast and rich, which is also respected by many DC fans other than Hardcore lantern fans. It is because of this enormous story line, character base, and huge Universe that Green Lantern has arguably more potential than some of the other more popular or notable DC heroes. If it is done correctly I think the Ring slingers could have a great movie, animated series. and maybe even a live action show.

1 Like

This platform is a great opportunity for DC to do just that. To give not only Green Lantern an animated series pulling directly from the source material, but for any of their characters. I would love to watch other animated series about characters that haven’t had long lasting shows on television. It would be a great way for die hard DC fans to see their favorite characters the way the characters were always meant to be and for new fans to learn about those characters. I would love to see series based on Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc. This app is a great chance to create long term shows for all of those beloved characters.

1 Like

The Green Lantern series was truly the gem of animation of it’s time, and I would LOVE to see it revived on this service, with absolutely no changes in animation or story quality, or cast. It was nearly a perfect thing! Broke my heart when it was not renewed, and I honestly still hold it against the cartoon network for not renewing it and Young Justice, as well as some other truly excellent animation series that they have let go of. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DC, restart the Green Lantern Animated series here on DC Universe!!!

4 Likes

I’ll be praying to all the gods for a return of GLTAS.

4 Likes

I’ve never watched it, is that good? I might watch it then.

4 Likes

YES! PREACH! Green Lantern The Animated Series is my all-time favorite show. It’s a masterpiece just like you said. I’ve been praying for its return for years, and I was thinking the exact same thing; this would be the perfect platform on which to bring it back! The producers said the next two seasons were supposed to be Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night!!! Imagine the epic-ness!

5 Likes

If fans of the show get together like Young Justice fans did we’ll probably get a second season to air on this app.

3 Likes