Green lantern the animated series revival

We need this show to come back the moment that they announced the DC universe subscription that was my first thought Young Justice was my second now the Young Justice is back we need this then down the line they can do a Batman beyond series or static shock what Green lantern needs to come first we could finally see the other lantern corps or even the entitys

26 Likes

Absolutely agree! It’s fantastic in all aspects.

5 Likes

Yeah, that show needs a second season

5 Likes

Loved this series when it was first broadcast. Going to rewatch. I would also like to see a revival also.

4 Likes

I’d love to see how the character Relic would be handled on this show. He’s awesome.

4 Likes

Absolutely!!! Its part of my nightly animation block ( BTAS, STAS, JL, and GLTAS).

2 Likes

I am not sure WB will put anymore money into this Animation has got to be exspensive and time consuming. We haven’t even heard if Young Justice gets another season after this. I want Batman Beyond to come back and Green Lantern… Which I also believe fits in well with Beware The Batman universe… But I don’t know I wonder if this is all DC Universe will be over the next year. DISNEY + is going to do everything it can to kill this app.

1 Like

I honestly can’t see myself getting Disney +. I own the Marvel movies, and I’m a Disney kid, so I own those movies too. I only see Disney + being a “keep the kids quiet for a few hours” app.

1 Like

Well, there’s a lot of loud kids so…

Seriously though, I’m sure DCU will be around. If GLTAS performs here well enough, I would hope WB takes note on a possible continuation.

SN: I consider GLTAS part of the DCAU. Different design for Kilowog from Justice League, but that’s negligible. Hal and the others were never onscreen much or at all in any DCAU shows. That’s just me =)

1 Like

But John Stewart isn’t mentioned until the tail end of GLTAS, so does that make it a prequel to Justice League?

Personally, I think it stands alone and it stand alone well.

2 Likes

GLTAS stands alone extremely well! Which is awesome but also kinda makes me sad (for a lack of a more accurate word).

While I have enjoyed the Green Lanterns being largely in their own world, it would be interesting to see them cross over a bit more. Or even better, to see crossovers into the Green Lantern sector of the DCU, on film!

3 Likes

I guess it depends on your POV. Truthfully, I forgot about John so…yeah. In any event, it fits for me.

It does stand on its own just fine though. I always saw it as independent of the DCAU when it was on Cartoon Network and only recent added it to its ranks.

3 Likes

They could do seasons and seasons of this show and never have need of a guest star or crossover with another property. The GL franchise is packed full of material to mine from.

4 Likes

Crossover or no crossover, I just want to see more of GLTAS. :weary:

6 Likes

Yeah…me too.

4 Likes

I would love a season 2.

6 Likes

@LadyWonder , Exactly!!!

3 Likes

Here, here.

2 Likes

Would be nice, it ended on a real cliffhanger

2 Likes

This is why i love the whole lantern part of the DC Universe. It can stand alone as its own universe or crossover as it does. I feel much the same about the bat family and Gotham City.

3 Likes