Green Lantern: The Animated Series Readalong [3/22 - 3/29]

Greeting Lantern Corps! Have you enjoyed our watchalongs with the animated series? Then perhaps you’ll also enjoy reading the animated comic series with us!

The goal is to read an issue each week and discuss. This week, issue #1
Here’s some ideas to encourage discussion, but feel free to talk about anything you want related to the series. Just don’t include spoilers from future issues.

1. How do you like having Razer added?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. Did you have a favorite part?
2 Likes
    I do like having Razer as part of the team! He’s an essential piece of the story of the animated series. Also the reds are my favorite corps, so having one I can root for is always a plus.
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
    I found it a little surprising to see how easily Razer gave up his ring at the end. That didn’t seem very reddish.
  3. Did you have a favorite part?
    That being said, how easily Razer have up his ring was kinda cool. As if he was telling the Greens, " I can leave here whenever I want, and there is not much you can do about to it! "
2 Likes

Razor is a great addition. His dynamic with Kilowog makes for some fun interactions. The shadow versions did a great job showing how the two feel about each other without a direct confrontation.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

Wasn’t expecting Carol to show up. Hope to see a design with more violet :wink:.

1. Did you have a favorite part?

This panel have me some good “epic” vibes. Hopefully there’s more to come.

Other:
I enjoyed Aya this issue. Excited to see more of her.

It does a great job making him a character you want to root for. He lives with the guilt of his actions and feels he should be punished for it. I just hope he doesn’t become too whiny about it.

1 Like

Next issue is up: